Overwatch 2 the (probably) $40+ dlc

I can’t at the moment but that doesn’t mean it can’t be found on the internet.
I have no interest of making up fake stuff since it won’t help with anything.

For the moment we have nothing better to judge it on. The history has shown us that things rarely changes much.

Again, having worse ones existing doesn’t make it good. It doesn’t make them much money anyway. It is just annoyance for the community to deal with duplicates.

Newer f2p games nowadays rarely have p2w elements. It comes down mostly to cosmetics.

Why did you buy it if it didn’t have everything you wanted? lol

I found this from 2015:

He mentions that specifically heroes and maps won’t be paid DLC here.

I don’t think you’re making things up, I just think you’re potentially misinterpreting it or remembering it incorrectly.

In fact, Jeff even explicitly said if they were to pursue a PvE story mode it would take a new game.

4 Likes

I guess I have too high expectations for it… in the same way you ppl have too high expectations for the newer PvE to be actually more than it looks like.

Not this one. There is another where dlc and splitting the community in particular was mentioned.

Not really in the same way at all. You expected something that the game wasn’t marketed for. That’s on you.

Sorry but their is no way it will be this long ,at least at release. Some games with much longer development cycles and probably bigger budgets and teams, that said It will most likely never get this long unless they support OW2 for longer than it looks like their going OW and they will have to update it much more frequently than the OW

EDIT
I edited to flow better I realized I made some mistakes and repeated the same lines.

Guess we won’t know until it’s out…

Well if you can’t find it, it might as well not exist. Using it as your argument is worthless.

Devs stated that the engine has to many limitations and in the current state it’s not possible to implement big PVE content.

Back then I didn’t expect it that they would actually overhaul the engine, thought they would build a new one.

3 Likes

Heroes and maps are DLC. A brand new PvE mode with dozens of missions with several new features not currently included in the game like items and leveling is not DLC. It’s something new.

You know, they could have just sold Overwatch 2 as PvE only and left out all the new PvP upgrades entirely and sold it as a completely independent thing all by itself. Be glad they didn’t go that direction.

1 Like

Because… why? We’ve been in “stasis” for the “main” game for about 2 years with the only new events being Archives which bear a striking resemblance to the proposed missions, is it so unlikely there has been work being done on this for that entire time?

None of these claims have any backing other than what you “feel”. Unless you are on the actual dev team you have no idea how many resources have been put into the game or the scope of the expansion. So howabout you wait for further details to be released to assess the value of the game?

1 Like

You can’t see electricity too but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exists.

You give CoD more credit that it deserves, but I respect your stance nonetheless.

It is not new. It is slightly better version of the Archives.

The history of… what … Overwatch? You mean the game that at release was exactly what it said? multiplayer only, PVP, and team objective focused. The prereleases all had less content than was available at release (characters)

And it doesn’t make it horrible either. It’s a necessary monetization to keep cash flowing so the game can continue and in the scheme of things i feel it’s perfectly acceptable.

With heavy weights on actually paying VS time investment to acquire them, sometimes simply locking you out of any/certain cosmetics if you don’t pay. Something overwatch doesn’t do (EDIT: noted: Blizzcon exclusives, P.Mercy etc, edit with keeping the old text in so as not to claim I never said it. BUt it is rare. ). If I want any particular legendary for my favorite character I can get that in a couple weeks with a chance of actually getting it naturally along the way.

Hey, you mix up feelings with arguments

You could literally say that about most games that have sequels that expand on something in the original?

Like you could say that same thing about every single expansion that WoW has got?

You level up, you grind for gear, raid, dungeon, quest. Just colour it different in a location that you can recycle skins from later and ta-da

There has been no confirmation one way or the other what the price of OW2 will be, and then there’s no confirmation of if there’s a different price for people who already have OW1 or not.

Instead of thinking of it like “DLC”, think of it as an expansion.

For instance, I played a lot of Age of Empires 2 when it was still a big thing. When they released an expansion, it a) cost money, and b) included a couple of new single player campaigns and a couple of new civilizations to play as (far fewer than the base game contained). It was nothing close to a whole new game (hence, “expansion”), but it was expected that of course it costs money.

WoW works the same way. You purchase a current version of the game, which lets you be caught up to all the veteran players (you aren’t forced to pay hundreds of dollars to buy every expansion individually). But if you are playing and a new expansion drops, you need to buy that to play the latest content.

New, full, permanent co-op campaigns with a leveling system is not simply a neat update for the game; that is almost a whole game in and of itself, and depending on how many campaigns they are and how replayable they are, it may actually be a whole game’s worth of content in and of itself.

Except in WoW it is advertised as expansion. Here it is advertised as a new game which is completely untrue.

That’s not true. It’s got several features that aren’t in archives. Creating the animations and skill tree for the levels alone is a ton of work and makes it considerably different.

And the promise is that you’ll have dozens of missions. They didn’t say how many hours of content roughly, but they had enough map objectives already showing to fill out several hours. There are 3 archives missions that have a few new assets, but no new mechanics.

You are wrong.