Overwatch 2 the (probably) $40+ dlc

That is one weak argument.
I once saw an article that showed irrefutable evidence that everything HANA says is a lie. Can’t find it now but it exists just trust me dude.

1 Like

I mean you could then say the same about Final Fantasy games?

Other than artstyle/characters, or story, most games copy the exact same formula?

no hana you are wrong

overwatch is unique because it’s a PvP game first, it’s little weird they called it Overwatch 2 but also it’s justified. there hasn’t really been anything like what’s happening now with Overwatch

you want them to create 100 hours of PvE content for free???

It is not big enough to be its own game.

If you can’t even tell the difference between a new game and expansion, keep wasting your money on things you have already bought.

sure it is, it could’ve been a stand alone game before Overwatch 1 was even released. It’s going to be a full AAA title.

2 Likes

You don’t and can’t know that because the game isn’t out.

You also don’t and can’t know the overall price for OW1 owners will be taking the PvP into account.

4 Likes

even it’s it not out, to think you can beat the game in one sitting is absurd

if it takes you 100 hours to be a Legend of Zelda game it’ll probably take you about 80 hours to beat Overwatch 2

you’re going to get a lot of bang for your buck if you purchase Overwatch 2, blizzard always delivers ample content. and if anyone brings up Lucioball being reused…THIS IS A PVP GAME!!!

1 Like

And you do, right?

I, at least have something to base my assumption on but you seems to be just fanboying.

One thing to keep in mind: I’m really, really sure that the “Overwatch 2” versions of the heroes will be a second default skin for every hero. The other skins will be touched up, but mostly small changes due to the engine update (hair rendering etc.). They aren’t deleting the old skins, especially not the Overwatch 1 default skins, you know why?

Overwatch League Skins are all based off of the old design. They aren’t going to make a couple hundred “new” OWL skins based on the new designs.

Think of the Redesigns more as a free set of skins for each hero.

I’m not the one making the claims here.

No, you really don’t. The positive equivalent of anything you have to base your assumptions could also be used to assume the opposite.

2 Likes

what’s the opposite of fanboying? because that’s what you’re doing

blizzard is making a new game, they are just using Overwatch’s IP

Archives, Junkerstien etc… is spice added to PvP, we don’t deserve 1000% more archives missions at zero cost.

that’s absurdity!

1 Like

If you have lived under a rock and never player another game, then sure.

they didn’t have to put junkerstein and archives in at all

does league of legends have something similar

Overwatch is a PvP game

lol is f2p so it is not even in the same category.

Most multiplayer games have PvE as well. It is the norm for a game to have some sort of campaign/PvE. Even CoD has it for crying out loud.

good point

but that’s the thing Overwatch hit the market as a primer AAA PvP game. CoD started out as a PvE game as to which the player base decided to promote the PvP aspect.

Halo started as PvE with a new bonus: a cool PvP mode. As the video game consumers wanted more PvP, money was taken away from PvE across the industry.

if you make a AAA that has awesome PvP and PvE, I don’t see why they can’t charge $120.

it’s not like it’s 1990. 120 bucks ain’t a lot of money and to think that you deserve the red carpet treatment for a measly 40 dollars makes me put my hand to my forehead :frowning:

who else is offering better?!

1 Like

I think that is actually a problem. In the past the multiplayer was a bonus. Nowadays companies just put minimal effort to milk you for money.

We have the full rights to demand more PvE in multiplayer games especially when we pay money for those. f2P can go under the radar. They seems to be taking the competition more seriously there anyway in the past few years with increasing quality in f2p games.

multiplayer was a bonus = multiplayer won’t get a large budget

one thing about overwatch is that they made an engine from scratch, they didn’t use unity like other games.

overwatch is so much more than a game. Acti/blizz doesn’t make games they make IP’s. Their investing large amounts of money into the future. Don’t you think they deserve to get paid?

the marketing people at blizzard called your bluff and they were correct to do so. they made a PvP only, full priced game and it sold like hotcakes.

yes I still don’t understand this. Fortnite is F2P, but I think Overwach has a better long term strategy. How does LoL still fund development? through the pro scene and lootboxes? I’m not a video game guy, I just like Overwatch and Rome: Total War

Your tantrum is purely based on the feeling “that you didn’t get enough bang for your buck”?
I pity you

1 Like

LoL survives because of cosmetic skins that require payment, as well as the ability to actually unlock heroes without a huge time investment

It is far less expensive time wise to just buy a new hero with money than it is to earn the points to get them for free. But that’s how they get ya :stuck_out_tongue:

At least in Overwatch the time you put in isn’t job level requirements to unlock stuff. You can play a few rounds a day, or heck even get free ones from playing Tank/ Support or arcade and get unlocks

LoL requires at least 30-40 minutes per game, and at least 20+ games to earn enough points to buy an older hero

So unless you have been playing for a long period of time, already have the heroes you want, or just don’t want the new OP thing, then I guess you’re fine.

That’s why I like OW over LoL. The new user experience. You’re not promoted to spend money on the newest hero, you don’t need to buy cosmetics. You can pick up and play with any hero you want and get rewards as time goes on

1 Like

I don’t know where your getting these claims from their is no evidence to say that it will be long of or short it will be ,but I can almost certainly guarantee that it will not be 100 hours at least with our years of content releases and pretty frequent ones.

I don’t know what animations that your talking about as far as we now they will be using the same animations for the characters. unless, you mean the cinematics then yea that’s probably the most intensive and longest work. The skill tree probably isn’t that bad except for the time it takes just to bug test their changes. (If someone is more informed than me feel free to correct me)
I mean this is essentially just a big OW event.

EDIT

The problem isn’t about unlocking stuff it’s that lootboxes are for sale and people will buy them Blizzard knows this, free to play games know this that’s how free to plays make money to fund their staff and their games, Blizzard however needs $40 dollars for OW, when they could just have it be just like every other free to play game. So for $40 you assume that you would get some serious content,or maybe I was just being too naive.

1 Like