Overwatch 2 the (probably) $40+ dlc

You are still excluded from playing a mode that is part of the same game.

Just because it happens to be PvE that doesn’t make it an excuse.

That doesn’t mean they should bring very little in return. They are trying to sell you the same game + extended archives missions that should have been part of the game on the first place.

Being slightly better doesn’t make it good.
If you keep accepting garbage, that is all what you are going to get.
OW was the game that mass popularized lootboxes in b2p games.

I will wait till they actually try to do this to say anything. We’ve had this discussion already. You also concluded the one 15 minute demo we saw was indicative of only 1 hour of playtime for the released game… I am aware of your biases and negativity.

It incentivizes paying for laziness or impatience. All the cosmetics available are attainable in a reasonable amount of time with regular play. The game is a “service” game and needs a profit stream to maintain interest.
Considering participation is EXCEEDINGLY voluntary with little restriction to content… This is hardly garbage for what we get.

1 Like

$40 is totally fine with me. CoD will charge you $60 a year for a new game that’s barely different from the previous version. I don’t buy into that, but a $40 expansion after 4 years? Count me in!

Entitled.

Also, I didn’t know you were an OW dev/part of the creative department? :slight_smile: It’s amazing that you know these things that should have been in the game three years ago but then they were suddenly undeveloped because Blizzard hates fun and loves stealing cash from your wallet personally, but for some reason they have a weird kink about stealing that cash from you, specifically, three years later! eyeroll What a bunch of babies.

3 Likes

If league of legends made a game that kinda played like Zelda with LoL champions, don’t you think they could call it LoL2 and charge full price?

1 Like

no one is talking about the PVP community learn how to read

Of course no one is saying anyone is forcing you to buy it, and I’m actually am interested in the PVE and my problem is Blizzard acting like adding this new mode constitutes a new game. I also don’t know why anyone Is so willing to defend a multi-billion dollar company and say that it is ridiculous to expect them to give you decent content,saying oh well they gave you so much fun which actually they ruined the PVP for me a long time ago ,the final nail in the coffin for me was role queue, and yes while I had fun with this game for the first couple years I’ve been done with this game for a while. The problem isn’t about whether or not the game was fun or how many hours peopled play the problem is for that $40 that you would expect them to supply it with fun and interesting content but like a also said they only really added stuff for the first year and recycled it every year, which like I’ve said multiple times now OW is not worth $40 it is a free to play structured game with a $40 price tag, If you know anything they can easily make enough money of loot boxes to profit and make money to support the game, this is how every other game free to play game works. If OW was free it would make sense to have to pay for this “sequel” but that is not the case, and if you would just read the actual post you will see these points brought up so please read the post before making comments.

The game was never marketed as a PvE experience, so no.

6 Likes

And you are just overcompensating without any evidences that it is going to be any better. What is shown is usually what you get.

There are much less predatory ways to get money.

being optional doesn’t make it good.
Everything if f2p games is optional too. What is your logic?

Entitled for what? Wanting the full game that I have already payed for? Every multiplayer game out there has some sort of campaign.

OW2 actually implements new features, maps, heroes and an upgraded engine. This is also accompanied with a complete rehaul of current heroes and their skins

If you want to sue anyone, I’d recommend looking into FIFA and all it’s iterations. It’s literally just the same game with better graphics each time. :joy:

Blizzard actually did their sequel better than most other games and since FIFA hasn’t been sued yet, I doubt Blizzard will anytime soon.

1 Like

You and your crusade.
Their is no community split, it’s that simple.

That is too minor to be considered a completely new game. Calling it OW2 implies it is completely different thing.

There isn’t really much that you can do with a game like FIFA other than improving the engine and gameplay.

You can do a lot with a game like OW and what they do is below the norm.

Those games were marketed as having a campaign…

1 Like

Why would you assume that when the first thing you read is: Overwatch? And clearly your standard of minor isn’t shared by lawmakers since most games who’ve done less than OW2 haven’t been sued yet.

Lol, that’s not the point… If there was nothing to be done with FIFA, they should just upgrade the original game. Instead, they’ve released 20 whole sequels every year. Again, if they haven’t been sued yet, I doubt Blizzard will.

1 Like

Well this game was also marked as free from payed dlc but it still happens so…:woman_shrugging:

From my knowledge, you haven’t been able to back up this claim so…:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yea but most people don’t get upset with this cause they know the next one is coming, and that they will own the same game next year, also they at least actually change things while they may be similar it’s not like there re-releasing the exact same game with just different graphics and just one new mode added every year. OW on the other hand constantly changes and adds new heroes so to try and treat it like exactly the same game as it was even just a year ago doesn’t make sense.

If the PvP in particular is announced as being free for the OW1 owners and nothing is said about the PvE it is most logical to conclude it won’t be free.

Also maybe you should be fanboying less and take more look at the actual evidences.

I mean the claim that the game was marketed as being free from paid DLC…

Maybe if you were Blizz bading less you would’ve been able to realise that

If there are 20-30 hours of PVE gameplay along with story using the whole cast, That’s worth 40 bucks. Again, making a snap judgement on a game based on a demo released an indeterminate amount of time away from release is a tenuous position.

And FAR FAR worse ways that are actually being used. A balance has to be struck between customer value and consistent revenue stream, I believe OW currently has a decently fair balance.

Everything in F2P games encourages STRONGLY paying money to remove rediculous limitations on actual gameplay. What is your logic comparing them? Morality itself is optional unless it breaks the law. My point is the game can be mechanically enjoyed fully with no investment beyond intial purchase. F2P games generally cannot be.

1 Like

Backup your claims.
Where did Blizzard stated that PVE content will be free in the future?
Source or you just blatantly lie

4 Likes