Overwatch 2 the (probably) $40+ dlc

That is a significant understatement of what we’ve seen from OW 2 so far. The demo mission with Rio shows us items, different opponents, skill trees, and the promise of even more content in the future.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s actually pathetic how much people undersell what is being done to feel better about whining about the price

2 Likes

Exactly. I just can’t believe the entitlement of people on these forums.

They pay for the game once. They get content and other updates. However fast or slow those may be they still happen. Yet people complain about slow content when they aren’t continually paying for the game.

And now people are arguing arguing the value of overwatch 2 and it’s pretty obvious they don’t want to pay for it.

The amount of stuff you get from this game from a one time purchase is pretty astounding to me. People are just cheap and entitled.

2 Likes

Good point I bet at least 70% of the “original buyers” here got it for maybe $12-$20 at best… but waaaahh wants it all free… ffs, kids today have more money than I could dream of at that age even adjusted for inflation… put the vape down and pony up like an adult.

1 Like

While yes this is an somewhat of an understatement my point is that it’s not like Blizzard is making a completely new game, Its basically a face lift with some new modes with nothing really changing about the overall game. While yes I understand the new story modes will be pretty different from anything before that’s all it is new game modes, my point is it’s not enough is different to warrant paying $40 again ,if that is the case.

That’s the beauty of it - you don’t have to. Why people don’t expect a full “box” price for new players and a “upgrade” price for existing accounts is beyond me… they have all but said that’s what they are doing.

2 Likes

You are way too focused on the name of something instead of judging it based on what it is. Who cares if they call it ow2? They can call it Hello Kitty’s Overwatch Adventure for all I care. Judge it based on what it actually is. If the content and cost line up in a reasonable way, buy it, if not, wait for it to go on sale. We don’t know how much content it will have or what the cost is and jumping to conclusions based on the name is just silly.

1 Like

This is just your really really terrible opinion. :slight_smile: She looks amazing, and superficial appearances are subjective. Just like fun. :clown_face:

I have no idea what your talking about if you actually read what this whole thread is about, Blizzard structured this like a free to play game making us pay $40 dollars, and they could have easily made their money from loot boxes that that’s how every free to play game ever works. So in no way was this game never not full price.

Can you please how exactly it will split the community?
And please no arbitrary if and when, be precise

Yeah that’s why I’m worried they haven’t specified yet how it will work, and I don’t think they want to. I think they want to get people as excited for it as possible, so they can sallow possibly paying $40 again for this free to play structured game.

EDIT
Also I wouldn’t put it above Blizzard to try and make as much money as possible.

Its their job to make as much money as they can - that’s how business works. They aren’t fools (well not normally) so I expect a reduced price of say $30 for existing accounts, 45-50 for new “box” price. People thinking they are likely to get an expansion on this scope for $15 are probably out of luck.

if you don’t buy the dlc, you won’t get to play it with the others who have. Simple as that.

That is blatantly wrong.
There will be only 1 client and everyone will play the same PVP, the only thing that you can buy is PVE
That is not a community split

Spew your lies somewhere else

1 Like

Wrong?? This doesn’t split the pvp community…

Where did i say anything about PvP?

Then how is it not. You just confirmed it is.

what are you talking about that’s what he said people who don’t buy it won’t be able to play the PVE.

If you’re not interested in the PvE stuff, nobody is forcing you to buy OW2. Kaplan stated that all of the new maps, pvp modes, and heroes will be included with OW1.

I do however find it quite ironic that people who have essentially gotten 3-4 years out of a $40 game are up in arms about (potentially) spending another $40 for the sequel/DLC/whatever you want to call it. God forbid we give some money back to the developers of the game we play. I mean literally everything in this game outside of the box price has been given to us for free, there isn’t even a need to purchase loot boxes because if you simply play enough you can either get the event items or enough gold to do so. And if you don’t get them during the event, you can simply get them next time around or during the anniversary event. I don’t understand why people seem so entitled. Like why should you get everything for free and not give any money to the people developing this game and all of the content you crave? If you don’t care about the PvE experience don’t buy OW2, you can still enjoy all of the rest of the PvP perks without spending anything.

2 Likes

Because no one is excluded from PVP. A community split is usually referred to as the community (for the same mode) is splitted because of paid DLC, mappack or new game. This would be the business definition

PvE and PvP are two completely different things, adding a PVE content will in no way split the PvP community

1 Like

#1: They are a company… this is their entire purpose.

#2: Overwatch currently has one of the most agreeable “lootbox” formats out there.

Free to play structured would be asking for money for game affecting items, all the cosmetics with no way to get them free besides INTENSE time investment and paying money for “premium” features like extra skin storage and queue priority.

Be careful what you say for you someday may truly experience it.

1 Like