Overwatch 2 Retail Patch Notes – January 24, 2022 [Not Fake]

Just needs a Mercy damage boost.

2 Likes

Orisa avoided being nerfed by hitting fortify before they applied the nerf.

:horse:

10 Likes

If the new meta is really going to be Mercy having to choose from the buffet table of “who do I get to turn into a one-shot machine” this game is absolutely done.

1 Like

Hog gutted, Sojourn barely touched, Orisa barely touched and didn’t get buffs reverted.

Holy **** this patch is a joke.

11 Likes

It changes absolutely nothing about her blowing a players head off with a moon sized hitscan weapon as long as she either 1. Has a Mercy pocket or 2. Has hit them a couple of times.

All while being undiveable due to how ridiculous slide is along with how low the cooldown is. She’ll still be must pick.

It doesn’t matter if the railgun is up slightly less. It just doesn’t matter.

1 Like

:joy: :sob: Sound like a job for a Mercy pock- Oh, GreyFalcon already made that joke

2 Likes

Love how they forgot to revert the Ana buffs too :joy: considering they buffed Nade to deal with Hog because they apparently couldn’t do the changes to him before or whatever

8 Likes

Emongg & Flats, they should have been more truthful T_T

1 Like

As a tank player, that’s all I really cared about.

Ya, and everyone rejoiced.

Yup. Hog will be a throw pick unless pocketed by kiriko. And he will still suck.

4 Likes

I’m not too sure about that. They can still get some good picks if you hit head shots. Taking out widows or someone else at range is no joke. While she doesn’t have the overall match damage of those other supports, she can still secure some valued picks. She just doesn’t have constant suppressive damage that is just adding empty stats so to speak. No ones playing Mercy for her gun, but her supporting ability. I don’t think shifting her to damage more often would be necessary right now, as it’s not like she’s struggling to see play from what I can tell. She has plenty of tools to help her team.

Hog becomes more tolerable. Nothing else changes. I don’t think the rate of Sojourn’s railgun charge was ever really the big problem. I mean, it contributed to the problem, sure, but the big problem was the fact that she was an incredibly highly mobile hero with a small hitbox and high DPS output… who also could pull out an instant 195 damage hitscan headshot on a dime very frequently through the match, which could be damage boosted to one-shot 90% of the heroes in the game…

This slightly lowers her DPS output, and slightly increases the time to fully charge Railgun, but nothing else changed.

Give her an actual nerf, Blizzard! I’m in general completely against the idea of dumpstering heroes like they did Sombra, but it’s getting to the point where I’d flat out rather they just drop a nuke on Sombra and make her useless than put up with this crap for another season!

Yeah, that too… But man please, gut this Sojourn rat hero now, how long can we wait for meaningful nerf to Railgun? This one will only change sometimes that instead of blowing up in 0.5 second you will in 0.8 second. Barely anything. She still can hold her charge, she still will get it fast. And ultimate still has insane potential.

Like wtf is this, I’m angry lol.

4 Likes

Remember, Blizzard. The goal isn’t to nerf any heroes out of existence. The community wants you to continually work toward a balanced hero roster where no heroes feel underpowered and no heroes feel oppressive. Major buffs/nerfs are often temporary solutions for an underlying problem, and QoL changes shouldn’t be forgotten on the road toward balance.

Solid changes :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like I said, in a purely damage v healing scenario, she’s inconsistent in the damage department. People won’t always get picks with her.

She’s honestly overtuned, but this patch doesn’t address her real issues.

1 Like

You can nerf Sojourn so much more and she will still be a good hero… She is literally release Brig tier of broken, she needs HARD nerfs, not slap at the wrist

3 Likes

putting a grand on it, orisa is now the new “problem tank”- hog has a worthy successor

predictably, mako’s been hung, drawn and quartered- they’ve obviously learnt nothing from his overwatch 1 nerf, we now have a nicheless hero that’s still going to be a pain to kill thanks to…

cleanse still negates hog’s counter, ana, completely- combine this with hog’s own sustain and general heal powercreep and we have a solution that satisfies nobody aside from widow mains, whom will continue to create the infinite one-shot space hog never could- but hey, least it’s not a tank doing it anymore!

speaking of one-shots, another pointless slap on the wrist for arguably the most busted hero design to ever scourge the game- we can gut hog, but so help me god if you give the new shiny dps any weaknesses…

here’s to making tank lame again, sojourn/widow smurfs and one orisa thread per salt grain in the coming months!

4 Likes

I completely agree, at this point I just wish they’d absolutely gut Sojourn I don’t even care at this point. If she was accidentally deleted I wouldn’t even be bothered.

Maybe they could make it so that basic Sojourn Rail headshot applies a damage over time effect, when not in it’s Ult.

Which means it still does good damage at lower ELOs but isn’t such a menace at high ELO.