Overwatch 2 Ready Check: Prepare for Launch!

Overwatch 2 has cross-progression:

I don’t see Overwatch 2 anywhere on battle.net launcher. Do I need to have Overwatch 1 installed just to be able to download Overwatch 2? Literally don’t even see Overwatch 2 as a game in the “games” tab of battle.net. What gives?

Overwatch 2 is replacing Overwatch on the launcher.

If you’re an existing or previous Overwatch player, you should be able to pre-install Overwatch 2 via the Overwatch tab on the Battle.net launcher.

If you’re a new player, you won’t be able to pre-download OW2. You’ll have to wait for it to launch next week then download it.

6 family members. 4 of them can’t play now unless I change one of them to a plan which costs a lot more in Canada than the US …and outright BUY 3 new phones and plans.

I’ve spent thousands on Blizz games. Now …I’m not in their demographic? Idiocy. There are plenty of other ways to ensure we’re unique or non-toxic.

11 Likes

How is the existence of this “sequel” rationalised over at Blizzard? The original game has been deleted from everyone’s libraries, whilst the replacement free-to-play sequel is held hostage, unless one hands over highly sensitive personal data.

I would never have purchased Overwatch if I had known handing over my phone number would become a requirement to continue to play. Worse, you’ve elected to utilise unencrypted SMS.

This behaviour is not OK. You show contempt for your customers. May this game fail and this company rot.

3 Likes

If you want to be treated like a number you can purchase, you will be treated as such and Blizzard is already showing this.

I believe the “OP” was first. You’re second.

2 Likes

This might have been answered already but do existing players have to verify your sms before the game even launches? Cause I’m having phone troubles so… I can’t get sms texts right now.

No such thing as an existing player. Overwatch 1 is dying. O2 will replace it, new game, new rules.

Really not happy I wasted money buying a game I can’t play now because Satya Nadella and Bobby Kotick want my cell number. Sorry, I use VoIP exclusively, and since you stated you don’t support that, I have no way to play the game.

I’m just tired of the constant disappointment. I uninstalled everything Blizzard today and I’m going to try to find other games to play.

The thing I’m saddest about is the people that still work for Blizzard. They have the front row seats to the slow decay of their cherished brand. It’s so sad. But hey, stock price has to go up AMIRITE!??!?

Goodbye.

3 Likes

Page not found when I click on the link in the OP.

Funny enough the stock price has considerable dips around the timing of these announcements. The irony is unreal.

They won’t take my land line phone number that isn’t prepaid.

So far it’s been allowing me to launch OW1 with a prompt asking me to add my number, with a gray button saying “I’ve already linked a number” that lets me in, but I’m not sure if that’ll apply to OW2 as well

I got refunded.

Have fun in OW2, though.

I’m out. It has been fun bantering with you guys!

1 Like

Correct. Cause it’s Overwatch 1.

But once October 4th hits and it transitions over to Overwatch 2, that’s not going to work.

This is just basically a soft prompt to let people know what they need to do to prepare for the official launch.

Yeah, no, I won’t be tying my number to a Blizzard account so I guess this is where we part ways, Overwatch.

4 Likes

Once the announcement was made after I paid for the product, “personal responsibility” arguments went out the window. People cannot be responsible if they are not properly informed.

Waiting well over a month to announce this is the issue.

5 Likes

what does stalking mean? why are you being so vague i dont understand.
Personally i never bought the watchpoint pack as i have no interest in paying for a free game, so atleast i dont have to worry about that.

The requirement for phone number verification was noted as part of the terms of sale of the Watchpoint Pack, though.