Overwatch 2 not supporting true ultrawide 21:9

I’m having the same issue after the latest update with black bars on the side of my screen.

I have the vey same isssue. All fix suggested; including the one by the blue name does not work.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am also having this issue, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

1 Like

As someone who DID test both betas, this issue was not something I encountered. So I can not say when exactly it showed up. Notable that various graphics aspects of the game weren’t fine-tuned in the betas to begin with so the problem might have risen somewhere between the last beta and the final early access launch.

1 Like

I have the same problem, i have black bars on each side of the monitor. And since the release its not fixed. And many people reported this.

I have an LG 38GN950 with 3840x1600, it is even a little bit wider than 21:9.
And i got like 50px of black bars on each side.

Black Bars on Ultrawide Monitors

1 Like

Issue present here. RTX 3080, 3440x1440. Tried swapping aspect ratios, FOV, window/fullscreen.

1 Like

Are you guys new or something, blizzard doesn’t support ultra wide in any of their games and explicitly ignores questions about the subject.

Ov1 didn’t supper ultra wide. If you played in ultra wide you took a huge hit to your vertical fov. They don’t want to give people an unfair advantage

Look, you clearly don’t have the issue and aren’t helping with this response.

OW certainly did fill a 3440x1440 screen without black bars on the sides when set to 21:9 ,and OW2 does not. I would like this addressed as well.

1 Like

We talk not about Super Ultra Wide, we talk about Ultra Wide with 3440x1440 in 21:9, and this resolution and this format is in the Option from OW2. But we have a little blackbars on the Sides.

This little blackbars make not an 21:9 display to an 16:9 display.

Edit:
And in OW1 was the screen completely filled with these options.

Edit2:
When I make a Screenshot with this Settings 3440x1440 in 16:9, then I have a 2560x1440 Picture.

When I make a Screenshot with this Settings 3440x1440 in 21:9, then I have an 3360x1440 Picture.

So it’s 80 pixels wide. Those 40 pixel left and 40 pixel right black bars don’t convert the 21:9 to 16:9.

Our picture section is still significantly larger than that of the 16:9 users and we also see more.

Here screenshots:
1x when setting to 3440x1440 in 21:9:
h**ps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Re-SQF7c5_hsLObTdt0AbLlXK8tkgRPa/view?usp=share_link

1x when set to 3440x1440 in 16:9
h**ps://drive.google.com/file/d/1gbqdQ-TX1GMoKoNaDo3dp2mwZxC8DmUE/view?usp=share_link

2 Likes

Hey guys, i noticed i had this problem with another game, specifically with uncharted 4 on pc and found out that 3440x1440 is not actually 21:9, it is actually 43:18, which divided by 2 gives us 21,5:9 so not quite 21:9, the fix for uncharted for me was to select the aspect ratio to auto, but there’s no such option on OW 2, maybe adding this option would fix the issue

2 Likes

But the Game run in 3360x1440 and not in 3440x1440, when 21:9.

1 Like

This could actually be the reason, that perhaps an optional small stretch filter is needed for certain resolutions that don’t align 100% with their typically rated aspect ratio. That small 0.5 change does seem like it would correlate with the width of those black bars…

A “stretch to fit” option for true full screen support would be a nice fix.

1 Like

This seems like a small issue to fix. Why hasn’t this been addressed yet?

1 Like

Same issue here, 3440x 1440p 144 hz and small black bars.

1 Like

Tried all the stuff above. No love; still huge gaps on the left and right.

Relevant info:

5120x1440 native resolution. 240hz. Samsung G9 Odyssey monitor.

1 Like

I’m still having this issue as well

1 Like

Come on Blizzard where is the Fix for this Issue?

1 Like

Is there a fix out yet?

1 Like

Hi again Jambrix, I wanted to send you a reply earlier but forum wouldn’t allow me.

At this point I’m pretty sure the reason for black bars at Ultrawide is that the game locks the aspect ratio rather than the pixel ratio - so no matter what res you choose, it will value the aspect ratio higher. This becomes an issue when a res like 3440x1440 is linked to 21:9, when in fact its true aspect ratio is 21.5:9 - so when 21:9 is forced, it creates the small black bars because the pixel count gets cropped to force the 21:9 ratio.

If possible, creating a 21.5 : 9 aspect ratio would probably fix the problem (or a setting to value pixel ratio above aspect ratio could probably also fix it, if possible to implement).

I mean we didn’t have proper ultrawide support before so I’m not complaining !