Overwatch 2 not supporting true ultrawide 21:9

I’ve tried the whole process but nothing has changed

Res 3440 x 1440
Still got black bars

1 Like

Can Confirm this is an issue for my 3440x1440 - 21:9 Ultrawide Screen too.
Tried all of the options above with no solution.

Also Noticed the Round Score Screen textures are not Scaling for Ultrawide, they get pulled apart and separated.

Not game breaking but annoying, never a problem in OW1.

2 Likes

my is 3840x2160 and the game would go to main menu then crash with this error code BL2OWCLI00000004

1 Like

I had same problem. Just change aspect ratio to 21:9 that worked for me

Nvm. I see the black bars on left and right. Small but there

4 Likes

Same issue for me. Also using a 3440x1440, 21:9 ultrawide screen.
Tried all the mentioned options and played around with the settings but no success.
No issues in other games.

1 Like

I have the same problem, please fix this issue so we can play full screen.

1 Like

Hello Jambrix. As can be reported by me, as well as countless others in this thread, there is no working solution to the problem. We have tried everything, resetting settings multiple times, swapping displays, reconfigured Nvidia gpu settings, everything suggested and more. But nothing works. This was never an issue in OW1, nor is it an issue in any other game.

So I will have to insist that this is an internal game-related problem that lies not on the end users, but the game code itself.

1 Like

Same issue, tried the solutions recommended in this thread and none have worked. Please fix.

1 Like

Having the same issue myself. Seeing slight black bars even when setting the resolution in game to match my native monitor, and setting aspect ration to 21:9.

1 Like

I have the same, black bars on the left & right side of the Screen in the Main Menu.
About 50px of black spaces.

I’m on 3840x1600 @ 160hz (LG 38GN950) even a little wider than 21:9.

Diablo 3 is the worse in the Main menu.
The game is from 2012, on ultawide screens the main menu is completly broken on the sides. Because the the 3D scene is not wide enugh. You can Google “Diablo 3 Ultrawide screen” and find some pictures how borken is it.

1 Like

also have done the same steps. I set resolution native to 3440 x 1440 and 21:9 aspect ratio. Its wider than 16:9 but not full. I do still have small black bars on each side. Id say it seems like 20:9 when it should be 21:9. Changing FOV and changing ratio around did fix issue.

1 Like

+1 for that issue.
Also using 3440x1440 and seeing some black bars on the side.

1 Like

I can’t understand that, in Overwatch 1 the resolution works fine at 21:9 and now it doesn’t. Where are the beta testers or were they all just signed up for the beta to play but not test at all?

1 Like

hoping for real 21/9 support asap

2 Likes

They also just cut off the tops and bottoms to display 21:9 like they did in OW1

1 Like

Same resolution, same problem. Also black bars in match screen in mode king of the hill.

1 Like

33440 x 1440 here and I have the same problem. Honestly, it’s a super minimal portion of my screen so it doesn’t really bother me at all, but I wouldn’t complain if they fixed it. And I say “fixed” because this clearly is not intentional.

2 Likes

Same issue here on AMD. Is there a solution yet?

1 Like

this just started for me too i use to never have black bars but after this update i now have black bars on the side of my screen

1 Like