Overwatch 2 Launches October 4 as a Free-to-Play Live Experience

looks more like a dps than a tank

ROADHOG 2

You know it’s going to be a cash grab micro transaction. You think cheaters and aimbotters are bad now? Wait until you can make unlimited accounts!

5 Likes

yeah road hog with spinning orisa move

In October!!! PARTY HARD!!!

1 Like

Lesgo! It’s finally time to get hyped! :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Also, why do you mean by “early access”? is this not the full release? is the PvE not releasing Oct 4th?? is it only the PvP then? then where is the PvE? will it be released i 2023, 2024?? I have so many questions and very few answers here Blizzard…

Yeah… that isn’t how it works mate.

1 Like

Probably due to market oversaturation alongside the issues of course, tbh. same thing happend to battle royales. i dont think overwatch can ever get back to the level of popularity it had, not anymore atleast considering all the…questionable decisions that they took for overwatch 1 + all the other options that exist

when Fortnite released it was the battle royale (even though it wasnt the first one to do that)

so we had a barrage of battle royales out and about coming out, and now we have a million battle royales and no one really talks about fortnite anymore.

for OW its similar, even though TF2 existed beforehand the “hero shooter” genre really took off in popularity with overwatch, and the other close enough thing we had at the time was like…what, paladins?

paladins on release was hardly anything that intresting, especially with it having its own fair share of controversies, and its reputation really stalled it back, if anything they should focus on improving their game rather than taking the time to take advantage of ovewatch’s so called “death” (if anything, id like to see crossovers in between both games) as someone who plays overwatch and paladins alike, i find that both games could learn a lot from eachother.

regardless, right now OW has to compete against Valorant, Rainbow six Siege, Paladins, Gundam evolution (depending on how it goe), Battlefield trying to be a hero shooter (i laughed at this too, we all know that game killed itself worse than ow), Apex legends, Team fortress 2, etc

and honestly? i think thats good.

i really do hope that having competition encourages the OW devs to not take their playerbase for granted as they did in OW1 now that they can actually and geninuely leave and go play something else

2 Likes

They really took 3 years just to give us 3 new heroes and a new in-game shop. The promise of a big blockbuster game waiting for us at the end was a lie all along. They were making a store. They were making weapon charms. They weren’t making heroes. They weren’t making anything new.

Everything new and creative and beautiful about this game was made in 2016, and now it’s just a matter of exploiting it until it becomes utterly unremarkable. The promise of a true sequel was a lie. OW2 is just monetized fan fiction for a great game that was killed off in 2019.

10 Likes

Early access is usually 1-2 weeks before the release. Mainly for people who paid for the game early.

i’m so glad we didn’t have to wait til thursday for the release date oml

f2p tho? i knew it was coming, but talk about a hail mary :woozy_face:

1 Like

We knew that the day it was announced as everything you own in OW1 transfers to 2.

I think you need to watch your posts and your manners, mate. Don’t play in the pool if you can’t swim.

inb4 “we said october, we didn’t say which”

1 Like

‘‘ignored content’’ :laughing: you trying to say something.

First time back in a little while…

Just seen the news/video on twitter. Can’t wait to find out more on the 16th!!! Some of the new looks look awesome…and the little tease of the Fox Girl hero! I hope we find out more about her soon - hopefully she’s a support. And ngl JQ looks amazing!

Still not planning on playing OW1 anytime soon though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Grow up kid, all I will say :slight_smile:

keeps replying to someone who blocked them. jeez mald more mate.

I’ve asked the customer service and they said it’s yet to be announced so yes while items will transfer the licences should be different, they’re two separate games after all.