Overwatch 2 Known Issues - October 25, 2022

Im still missing all of my overwatch 1 cosmetics, I was told to put in an IN GAME bug report, but i play on console and have no idea how to do that on xbox. Anyone got a moment to point me in some sort of direction?

2 Likes

Hi,

I have been an OW player since 2016 collecting pretty much all the skins for each hero and a ton of fun items and collectibles along the way. For the most part I played primarily on ps4 but in 2018 I bought a pc with my brother and bought the pc version of OW under my blizzard account. My pc account has some skins but my ps4 account still has thousands of more hours than the pc account which my brother primarily used. In the week leading up to OW2 I merged my ps4 OW account with my pc account in anticipation of playing the first week with all of my skins. After the first week with the merge issues I would constantly get a merge message on my ps5 to which I would hit accept and then nothing would happen. I was never added to the merge queue and eventually the message stopped coming up and my ps4 data was never successfully merged into my ps5. Currently I only have my pc skins and items and my ps4 items have completely disappeared. This has been incredibly disappointing as I had been so excited to play OW2 with all of my skins, items and golden guns but now Iā€™m stuck with only a handful of what I had on my ps4. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s possible that my ps4 account was merged with a different account or not but I would really appreciate some help in this matter.

5 Likes

Can definitely confirm this. Happening to me as well after winning 28 games (10-11 losses). Been stuck in platinum 4, as many other people have as well, for four 7-win updates already. This makes the game highly demotivating to play. Not to mention the matchmaking is horrendous too.

Look into this master thread about the rank-up issue, blizzard.: Competitive ranks broken (master post) - Bug Report - Overwatch Forums

Edit: Forgot to mention that the rank-up bug seems to mainly happen to ow1 players. Personally I have been playing this game since 2016, and I was excited about climbing in competitive before this bug. Now? not so much, and for me it will be unplayable until you address it.

1 Like

Every time you say youā€™re working on match making it somehow gets worse, just fix it already. I shouldnā€™t be in games with brand new players or people who seem to be trying to control the characters with their tongues, tighten up the SBMM if you want people to stick with the game.

1 Like

No, its from pre ordering ow1.

I swear they donā€™t read, I just got a response asking if I had my items linked to a different console. WHEN I LITERALLY HAD ALL MY SKINS BEFORE MERGING WITH MY BATTLE.NET ACCOUNT. Itā€™s so frustrating to wait all this time for a reply, then they go in circles and never answer your question and donā€™t solve your problem.

1 Like

itā€™s so bad I feel like a sucker, they removed all my game progression, half my cosmetics! and after they said we werenā€™t going to lose anything, thatā€™s why the game was without players, the lack of respect for its consumers, such a good game in the hands of the wrong people!

Half of everything I had disappeared when I migrated my account from Overwatch 1 to 2, itā€™s been a month and you havenā€™t solved anything, I need a solution, and yes I linked everything right, and I have my account linked since 2016 that was the launch of Overwatch 1! I need them to restore my things, on the PC and on the console in the migration I lost 70% of what I had!

3 Likes

Daily reminder to our friends at Blizzard, since you still didnā€™t talk about it.
Weā€™d like to get our T500 rewards, we grinded for them after all and what happened is clearly a bug, probably related to the changes made to Ranked in OW2. Weā€™ve got proof (screenshots, videos) that we were still in T500 when Ranked got locked ~40 minutes before OW1 serversā€™ shutdown.
We can wait, itā€™s fine, we just want you to acknowledge this issue.

Iā€™ll keep posting this daily until we hear from you guys, and I encourage everyone else affected by this (or even if youā€™re not affected and just wanna help some fellow OW players) to do the same.

1 Like

HIGHLIGHT INTROS & VICTORY POSES SHOW UP AS THE DEFAULT WHEN SET TO ā€œRandomā€ PLEASE FIX!

2 Likes

I was playing a Competitive match earlier in Midtown, and a bug caused the enemy Cassidy, and my team mate, Soldier:76, to be invisible. There was also no kill cam whenever I died to Cassidy, and Soldierā€™s name tag was floating underneath the ground.

It, obviously, made healing Soldier difficult and distracting, while it was impossible for me to dodge Cassidy. And, yes, we lost the game.

For a bit of added detail: I was playing as Zen, and this bug only appeared during the second half of the match, when our team was attacking.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?

So I hope the double XP gets extended cause the fact I havenā€™t been able to group up for a week on PS is absurd. Not to mention the base XP you get is practically nothing when thereā€™s no multiplier, that and the career profiles are still wrongā€¦

Still missing my pink mercy skin at this time. Have not had it resolved like the patch notes say. Please fix. Thank you

2 Likes

Daily reminder to our friends at Blizzard, since you still didnā€™t talk about it.
Weā€™d like to get our T500 rewards, we grinded for them after all and what happened is clearly a bug, probably related to the changes made to Ranked in OW2. Weā€™ve got proof (screenshots, videos) that we were still in T500 when Ranked got locked ~40 minutes before OW1 serversā€™ shutdown.

Iā€™ll keep posting this daily until we hear from you guys, and I encourage everyone else affected by this (or even if youā€™re not affected and just wanna help some fellow OW players) to do the same.

2 Likes

Why do I still have an LC-208 issue. I have yet to play the new game. This is broken!!! I want my watch point money back.

I want my skins or I want equivalent value. and by skins I mean I want all my content you guys stole.

1 Like

Still no option to merge accounts on my Xbox account after linking it to my PC account online. Xbox progress has been overwritten by my PC progress, so Iā€™ve also lost 70% of all the skins i earned and paid for

3 Likes

I get stuck in rank. Since 5 or 6 rank updates iā€™m still in silver 1. It doesnā€™t matter when i won 7 out of 8 games or like few min ago 7 out of >20. It just wont changeā€¦
I saw that this same issue was with bronze 5 so please look at this, cause itā€™s suuuuper frustrating.

1 Like

1 Like

This is a shot in the foot, they promised we wouldnā€™t lose our progress, I stopped playing because I lost a lot, Iā€™ve been playing since 2016 and not to mention the beta test before launch, Iā€™ve done several events like, HQ, Blizzard Games , but thatā€™s to be expected from Bli$$ard!