Overwatch 2 beta not appearing in client

It’s a completely automated system between Twitch and Bnet.

but anyone who claimed the twitch drop will get access at some point between now and the 17th yes?

I don’t work at Blizzard, but they have not mentioned any guarantees. Anyway, this is the tech support forum and not the place to discuss.

Where does the error lie if this is an automated system? Everything is linked and claimed over 2 days ago

1 Like

Same boat. Linked my twitch through battle.net a little late, but the same day as claiming the drop. It worries me that they say they’ve processed all issues surrounding delays.

Hewdew#1953

Hey again everyone,

Since I’ve seen a few people post saying that reinstalling the Battle.net app helped them, I’ll provide the full steps for a clean reinstall below.

Please note: These steps will only help if the Overwatch 2 Beta license is already on your Battle.net account but you are not seeing the drop down option in the app. It will NOT help if there was a problem with the link between Twitch and Battle.net (such as having the wrong Battle.net account linked to Twitch).
If you are 100% sure you had both accounts linked correctly but your Battle.net account did not get flagged with the OW2 Beta license, our Overwatch team will be attempting to re-grant the license to any accounts that successfully claimed it on Twitch but did not get it on the Battle.net side.

To clean reinstall the Battle.net desktop app:

1. In Windows 10 go to Start → Settings (Or in Windows 7 go to Start → Control Panel)
  2. Click on Apps (Or Programs & Features for Windows 7)
  3. Uninstall the Battle.net desktop app
  4. Press Windows key + R
  5. Type the following into the Run window and hit Enter: %APPDATA%
  6. Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %PROGRAMDATA%
  8. Empty the recycle bin.

Now reinstall the Battle.net desktop app: Battle.net App – Blizzard Entertainment

Do you know how long that process of re-granting licenses will be?

4 Likes

tried this with nothing still showing; is there an eta on the licenses being re-granted?

try everything wait for over 2 days,stillnothing at all

100 percent sure nothing wrong,pls regrant the lisence ASAP
kinda sad and diaappointing watching others having fun in OW2

1 Like

been more a long time now…
tried every single fix posted here or anywhere else
LET ME IN!!! LET ME IN!!! is there a way i could prove i got the drop and get some help pls?

1 Like

Also waiting. My friends are all playing and I’m just sitting around waiting.

I’m worried that if it hasn’t come through by now, it won’t. It sure seems like a server-side thing to me… the official support telling people to uninstall and reinstall the Blizzardnet client are just taking shots in the dark.

I have linked my twitch account to my battle.net account and hit redeem. I then checked to make sure i linked my battle.net to my twitch on the battle.net side. I did this second.

It has been a few days now and I still do not see it on my battle.net launcher. Nor is it in my battle.net account games list. I triple/quadruple/quintuple checked that it is linked to the correct battle.net account on both sides of Twitch and Battle.net so that is not the issue here.

Would love to get some assistance ASAP.

4 Likes

Its been about 22 hours since I claimed the beta. I follow the steps that Jambrix provided with no luck. Both of my accounts show they are linked to each other and the drop was claimed. Anyone find a solution or have any idea when this issue will be resolved?

2 Likes

With all due respect,

I have done every single recommended solution with no avail. If we are SOL can you please just let us know so I can move on?

2 Likes

So, I discovered what may have been my problem. I change my battle tag name in the past, and my twitch account was connected to my old battl tag name on twitch (but on the battle.net website it still showed me connected). I disconnected it on twitch’s end and reconnected to my new one. Hopefully that will help.

this 100%. please just tell us if we’re totally out of luck.

If you claimed the code when your battle.net account was connected to the twitch client but before your twitch account was connected to the battle.net client would you be prevented from receiving a code at all? I was able to claim the loot and now have both connections set up properly, is it still too late?

1 Like

I did something similar to you. I redeemed when my twitch was connected to battle.net, but not when my battle.net was connected to twitch. So i redeemed then found out I had to do it on the battle.net side.

Now its literally in limbo and Blizz can’t seem to help people like us.

1 Like

i followed these steps to reinstall battlenet…i am still now seeing the option for the OW2 Beta…all my accounts were properly linked (battlenet to twitch and vice versa). Help!