Overwatch 2 Beta Frequently Asked Questions

Great question! Also what will happen to our coins?

1 Like

But Blizzard will be making money the same way all F2P’s make money, but selling things, just because its a F2P game doesn’t make it immune to scrutiny. They aren’t giving away content out of the goodness of their heart, their business model just changed to feeding on whales.

1 Like

I thought the same thing, but that would be weird since they also announced it was coming to Switch earlier this week. There isn’t a reason for it either and just like you, I’m having to sign up for the PC version since that’s the only other account I have. I’m hoping there will be one last beta for us Switch players.

apple itself hates games on the Mac, just because it doesn’t want to use things other than the Metal API

I’ve just sent a mail to the support. They’ve replied with:

No discount on the pack of OW2, if you already own OW1 (no matter the version).

This means i’ve spent 5/10$ on legendary upgrade, for nothing :^)

1 Like

Just watch the video, they have the roadmap.

I don’t have the answer but

• Internet connection, Battle.net® desktop application, and Battle.net® Account required to play. A mobile phone number must be linked to your Battle.net® Account to play Overwatch® 2.

You’re going to need a legitimate phone number per account to play Overwatch 2
(to heavily reduce cheaters and smurfs)
Unless you have access to more than one phone number you can verify you’re SOL in regards to alt accounts

I think you replied to the wrong post, not at all what I was asking.

Nope, right post I replied too . I did say I don’t have the answer but mentioned the 2FA required for an account which you mentioned a main which implies you have more than one account. It was more food for thought in regards to buying the pack

If I’m not able to buy it on my main I’m not buying it, too bad for them and their automated reports.

Is there going to be any more characters that are going to be changed in OW2 or new buffs?

Symmetra will be probably changed, also supports.

Hello I have a serious question for Overwatch 2. As we heard, all our progress and loot will transfer from Overwatch 1 to Overwatch 2… What about our hours though? Do our hours on heros reset since it’s a new game or does that count as an accomplishment in the game and we get to keep it? (Personally I would love for them to reset)

I think you do since everything transfers if the accounts are connected

If I have an older PC that isn’t windows 10+ and can’t feasibly upgrade due to software/hardware limitations and personal preference–and I’m able to play Overwatch 1 just fine, when Overwatch 2 comes out, will I no longer be able to play the game until I update? Or will there be a seperate client I can still access?

Can you comment on the mobile number requirement?

There’s a lot of people who can’t or don’t want to connect a mobile number to their account but are still interested in playing. Is there any chance of an alternative?

Also, am I right to assume that the number would be a requirement for PvE when that is available?

1 Like

On the Frequently Asked Questions it states, “Please note that if you are playing on a PlayStation device and opting in through our website, you will need to select the region in which your PlayStation Network account was created. If you do not select the correct region, you will not be granted access.” but where… do I need to select the region?

The alternative is the door…

2 Likes

Needlessly combative considering they have a genuine question and concern raised in a polite way.

It’s true but what’s wrong with asking?

1 Like

It’s not hard to get a phone, or phone number to put down. Those are the terms. Few cannot do this, and anyone not wanting to - well, why not? It’s there to deter alts and smurfs, why undermine what is a very small requirement.