Overwatch 2 Beta Frequently Asked Questions

You know, I’m not even surprised that blizzard restricted beta access to these 3 regions. A bunch of clowns. ( STOP I CAN’T EVEN CALL YOU THAT, I COULD OFFEND SOMEONE XD, most likely this comment will not stay alive for an hour)
Seriously, games used to be art, but apparently nothing can last forever and modern games are just a political battlefield.
And if tomorrow Japan / Germany / whatever country does something that the “owners” do not like, the driven masses will find themselves a new enemy)
Well, I had a better opinion of this when I saw how Russian gamers were given access to the first beta, how good that you showed your true face now and I will not have time to spend my money on your rotten product that I have been waiting for 3 years.
I’ll have to be content with the classics and play CS GO or other similar games where for a rude couple of words in the direction of snowflakes they won’t send me to a ban or forbid me to spend my money or, in principle, play because I was born of a certain race / nationality)))) I love modern equality) )))

6 Likes

I don’t know any more than the next guy, but it doesn’t mention PvE and considering the price, you’d think it would.

Given the vagueness of how much Overwatch 2 currency is worth and the contents of the battle pass, to me it feels like they’re hoping that people are hyped up enough from the “reveal” to fork out for beta access. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

In the Q&A section of the Beta Sign-Up page, it mentions that every single person that signs up will get into the Beta, at the latest of something like July 12th, as they keep increasing the server capacity throughout the Beta or something.

You will understand it better from reading the details on it yourself.

I can’t quite take credit for it, Redlettermedia coined the phrase, but thanks.

1 Like

July 14th at the latest - and the beta closes on the 18th. If you pay for access you’ll for sure get a month’s access, with the free sign-up you could get all of four days if you lose the lottery.

1 Like

Como decian en los comentarios se deberia hacer un descuentos para los que ya poseemos el juego en edicion legendaria me parece bastante injusto que paguemos lo mismo por algo que ya tenemos, pues es de mi interes el pack pero asi hace dudar al comprador, al igual que comprarlo sin saber como sera el pase de batalla y su contenido.

As they said in the comments, a discount should be made for those of us who already own the game in legendary edition, it seems quite unfair to me that we pay the same for something we already have, because the pack is of interest to me, but it makes the buyer doubt, just like to buy it without knowing what the battle pass and its content will be like.

If you want a good beta, I’d stop jacking around and ask people who have 3000hrs played, no beg them, to play the beta.

1 Like

F2P counts many. Doesn’t matter how much you “spiritually” support something with playtime. Unless you pony up money, you’re not obligated any updates at all.

Let me be clear, I ain’t criticizing you for calling out their BS, I’m saying we can call it out, just can’t get too mad since we pay nothing for these updates and in the future will NEVER have to pay for updates. Doesnt matter what they promised, we still pay nothing for it

but i paid for the game? i didn’t get it for free and as a live service game it comes with the implicit promise of more content.
Overwatch didn’t get much stuff compared to other live service games

You paid for OW2? Ok then you can complain. Didn’t pay yet? Then nope.

If you’re complaining about OW1, after 6 years (read 4) years of support, for your initial $60…dunno what to tell you. 6 (read 4) years of support for $60 for any game is pretty damn good these days.

Will there be an option to disable screen shake and head bob in this beta? Would really like to play without headaches

you know full well that my point is that “other live service games offered more” but you still went with the same trite rebuttal.
Paladins gave me 6 years (read 6) and it was f2p to begin with. I paid 20 bucks for the founder pack and since i was an early adopter i got a lot of goodies when the game released in full and they raised the price of the pack.

overwatch 2 is just a patch in the end, we could’ve easily gotten these three heroes and six maps in the last three years, but please keep being disingenuous

Is the PvE content free as well? If not, does the current 40$ beta access include a preorder for the PvE content?

1 Like

And your comparisons are irrelevant. You could compare League or Dota which have been F2P since day 1 and say every other single service game is garbage in comparison because those games have been out longer and supporting way more as a F2P. Does that make it true? are all other games garbage? No of course not, factually that’s wrong. You can have any opinion you want, doesn’t make your opinion right.

Whatever you have paid for with OW1, you were given more than enough for the $60. They could’ve stopped supporting at Ana. They kept going. Stop being entitled.

Hello, I have been collecting Loot Boxes and NOT opening them since level 200. I have over 800 now, so my question will be, what will happen with my owned loot boxes? Will they be exchanged fairly for the new currency?

Does purchasing the 40$ Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Edition include the full game once it comes out, or is it basically playing 40$ for just the beta?

1 Like

I have that and equal play time on every character. I am also a seasoned beta tester.

Games were a place where you could escape from a real world, now everything from p2w and politics reminds you of that. And Overwatch was a complete opposity of that in it’s core. Born in a wrong county? well, too bad for you. Can’t spend hundreds of $? too bad either.
Well, i hope it will be at least released in restricted countries.

TBH I will pay the 40. But I expect to get 40 bucks worth of content.

• more Maps.
  • The match maker FIXED, no more of this BS pugs vs premades, steam rolls.

:money_mouth_face:

I love the included picture. it describes how well this reveal is going.