🐂 [Orisa] How to reduce Rein usage

Part of the reason Orisa is so “niche” on ladder is that if she tosses out a new shield.
She is nearly helpless to do anything about an EarthShatter and DvaBombs.

So here’s two ideas to fix that:

• Damage dealt to Orisa does not pierce through during Fortify. (Like Mei Iceblock and Zarya Bubble). Allowing Orisa to bodyblock ultimates for her team.
  • Halt grabs DvaBomb and stops it’s movement. Giving Orisa a way to move the Meka behind a wall or Halt it from moving forward. (Note, this currently the way it works against a charging B.O.B.).

By making Orisa capable of reliably dealing with this game-determining ultimates, it would make her a lot more viable on ladder and possibility in the tournament scene.

81 Likes

I would love those changes.

It would be nice if you could drop her barrier while reloading as well.

26 Likes

Yeah, that would be nice too.

Simple, mostly imperceptible, balance features like this would greatly improve her viability.

Just some slight changes to how she interacts.

I’m really a big fan of balance changes you wouldn’t even know were there, if you didn’t read the patch notes.
As if the character didn’t change, but the problems just magically went away.

4 Likes

It would be nice if Halt stopped all momentum before pulling when tethered (after actually pressing the button to pull).

6 Likes

Nice ideas op…

Shame devs spend more time on Tumblr and Reddit than here

5 Likes

She can protect herself from earthshatter tho :stuck_out_tongue: But true, it might be nice to be able to body block with her it for team, not only as a bug.

1 Like

Totally agree on the first one.
But the meka, ain’t it’s specificly ignores all non physical CC so it won’t be tossed around like trash ?

Also for SuperCharger make it so that whomever is tethered, will be immune to any form of knockback CC.

I figure, Hog can Hook it, Rein can charge it, and McCree can Flashbang it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if other stuns work on it.

But regardless, the Halt technique works on B.O.B., and I really like that implementation.

Also this might be a soft way to reduce Dva’s 98% tournament pickrate, without directly nerfing the hero.

3 Likes

The thing is, hook and charge is a direct physical CC, they can knocked bastion in sentry or bubbled Zarya.
Yet both of those comepletley immune to any non physical “boops” like ones from lucio or Pharah, halt falls into the same category and does not affect them.
So it’s logical it won’t move meka ether, otherwise they have to change it so it can be moved by all CC and that basicly how to make that hell of a nuke useless against CC heroes.

That feels like a technicality.

Also if you really need to follow that technicality, the Halt “physically” connects a beam to the Meka, and it pulls. It does not push/boop/knockback.

It’s more comparable to Graviton Surge.

1 Like

Those… actually make a lot of sense why can’t she halt d.va bomb if roadhog can hook it, rien can charge it, and crap mcree can literally stun it, there is no reason for it to be unable to do that.

Still, it ain’t a material thing and thus still falls in line with other boops.

Hook doesn’t effect a bubbled Zarya, it interacts with it like hitting a wall or a Rein barrier.

1 Like

Yeah sorry, RP does.
A lil missinformation but same idea.

Is Graviton Surge a knockback?

well not exactly, but can it also affect meka ?
Why it’s affects sentry Bastion though is beyond me, by all logic it shouldn’t.

100% agree, If hog can hook a DVA bomb halt should also stop one.

The other reason I like it, is that the giving Orisa some interchangability with Rein.

It makes it so that Hero-Bans for the top 1% of ranked and Pro leagues would be a viable option.

Also “Bunker” comps are theoretically the counter to “Lots of Tanks” comps like GOATs.

2 Likes

I’d like to see them remove increase Orisa’s movement speed during Fortify to allow her to disengage a little as well, and I’d chage her ult from a damage increase to a damage reduction and CC resistance for her team. Bango has always felt a bit out of place on her kit.