Open Queue mode is now live in Competitive Play

Real Overwatch has returned, thank all things that are holy.

First placement was 4 DPS, 2 support, 0 tank - we won.

5 Likes

He doesn’t need to provide data. The person making the claim needs to provide the data. This is pretty basic stuff

1 Like

Hooray! Been waiting a long time for this. Thanks!

1 Like

Well classic Blizzard forums, turning a post about now having both options into which one is better/more popular. Been around that one long enough to realize neither side ever actually proves their point.

The question isn’t so much which one is better as it is why haven’t we had both options available to us for a whole year? Why have we had to fight so hard to have comp classic added. I’ve been asking for this literally since the very day troll queue was announced. But it is finally here and you cannot imagine my satisfaction

2 Likes

I agree that “QP Classic” without comp rules then “Comp Classic” buried into the arcade mode left a sour taste in my mouth as well.

It’s just people arguing which one is better, or which one is more popular, or whatever never results in anything. I used to participate in those, but it’s pointless.

Nobody is going to change their view, at least now people have equal opportunity to play what they want. I’ll probably play both personally depending on my mood.

1 Like

Yes, yes, please yes!

Can we please put a goat icon on it? Just to be signature of actual “gameplay”

1 Like

Given that the vast majority of players dont even know what GOATS is, and further given that most of those who do know what it is lack the coordination/communication to play it…I dont think it’d be advisable to do so

2 Likes

Unable to play on xbox ? Any one else?

I went outside, and scream go goats in market and they sey FU in respond!
Same respond has my team when they ask me to play this crap!

interesting, since most of them probably dont even know what Overwatch is

It couldn’t be some random call I believe…so they knows!

BLizzard can you Put QPC in the QP tab - #23 by DrCalixxxNA-1195

Does this mean that future Competive modes such as CTF or lucio ball will have a time limited spot in Comp card or still be part of the arcade card?

There’s plenty of data out there that has been provided.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you so much for this… It’s the OW I adore.

3 Likes

I have no inside info, but my strong guess would be no. This is the original competitive mode being restored to the tab it used to be on and is identical to role queue competitive besides role lock. I would believe other Arcade modes (even when they reward CP) would remain where they are. :man_shrugging:

All the data on this matter that I am aware of is from an invalid source. Said data is invalid.

1 Like

Overwatch is fun again with this mode, all the reasons for getting rid of it in the first place were negligible.

It didnt save OWL… It did the opposite.

The META at the time was evolving, especially with all the damage creep that was going on, not to mention Shanghai beating SF in stage 3 with a triple dps comp. With some patience everything would of sorted itself out as far as the META and OWL was concerned.

In addition you deprived Shanghai Dragons from the advantage they had going into the following season and basically kicked Vancouver Titans in the nuts during the season finals by implementing 2-2-2 role lock.

It didnt ease toxicity or reduce its frequency, it just made it late game instead of at the hero selection screen.

People didnt stop complaining about the META, they just stopped complaining about GOATs.

After taking one huge step in the wrong direction, you finally managed to take a small one in the right direction. But, im really glad to see there is hope for this game after all.

Keep it up!

1 Like