Open Queue mode is now live in Competitive Play

Given that the vast majority of players dont even know what GOATS is, and further given that most of those who do know what it is lack the coordination/communication to play it…I dont think it’d be advisable to do so

2 Likes

Unable to play on xbox ? Any one else?

I went outside, and scream go goats in market and they sey FU in respond!
Same respond has my team when they ask me to play this crap!

interesting, since most of them probably dont even know what Overwatch is

It couldn’t be some random call I believe…so they knows!

BLizzard can you Put QPC in the QP tab - #23 by DrCalixxxNA-1195

Does this mean that future Competive modes such as CTF or lucio ball will have a time limited spot in Comp card or still be part of the arcade card?

There’s plenty of data out there that has been provided.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you so much for this… It’s the OW I adore.

3 Likes

I have no inside info, but my strong guess would be no. This is the original competitive mode being restored to the tab it used to be on and is identical to role queue competitive besides role lock. I would believe other Arcade modes (even when they reward CP) would remain where they are. :man_shrugging:

All the data on this matter that I am aware of is from an invalid source. Said data is invalid.

1 Like

Overwatch is fun again with this mode, all the reasons for getting rid of it in the first place were negligible.

It didnt save OWL… It did the opposite.

The META at the time was evolving, especially with all the damage creep that was going on, not to mention Shanghai beating SF in stage 3 with a triple dps comp. With some patience everything would of sorted itself out as far as the META and OWL was concerned.

In addition you deprived Shanghai Dragons from the advantage they had going into the following season and basically kicked Vancouver Titans in the nuts during the season finals by implementing 2-2-2 role lock.

It didnt ease toxicity or reduce its frequency, it just made it late game instead of at the hero selection screen.

People didnt stop complaining about the META, they just stopped complaining about GOATs.

After taking one huge step in the wrong direction, you finally managed to take a small one in the right direction. But, im really glad to see there is hope for this game after all.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks for zero reset. Sweat my shirt onto the floor to win every placement. Ah yep still fighting smurfs at 700sr. At least the queues are fast this time.

finally

10 characters

People only played that cause they got tilted from 10+ min DPS queues.

What’s the point? No one uses that anyway.

And I again have to ask: I you can make a whole new sub-menu for a mode, why isn’t there an unranked mode? The kind Heroes of the Storm has - play by comp rules, but with no ranks. That’d be way better “training” than QP because you’d actually play best of 3 instead of one round on attack.

Add this mode and old QP as the default QP. Or even better, add a sub-menu for QP with one version with no role queue and ther other with no limits (actual classic QP).

2 Likes

Quadruple shield! Here. We. COME.

1 Like

Big deal. This is a band-aid on the fundamental problem that few people want to play support and even less want to play tank. Michael Heiberg, principal game designer on Overwatch, what are you doing to fix the real problem?

1 Like

Why add this garbage game mode back into the game. its bad enough you ruin this game already now i need to play an additional 5 matches every few months? i get frustrated just doing the 15 placements matches just to never log back till the next season and now you want us to do 5 more? 3 different SRs??? open que which sucked the life out of comp all the years it was the standard and you want to bring it back? its not even fun because its not even original REAL goats… I have so little respect for this blizzard you guys do nothing to improve your games you dont care, the lack of effort. not the company i once loved , you guys only care about money and E sports, you could care less about the integrity and quality of your games. 20-30 years later and you want to make a new diablo just to cash in on all the fans you disappointed. you know us idiots will support you also till you finally drive the cold blade into our backs for the last time and give it a good twist.

this will probably be my first season i wont do placements. none of my friends play this game anymore and 5 more extra games solo que… i dont even wanna be bothered, the games is not even fun anymore you added and ruined all these heros.

sticks up middle finger