Only two legendary skins?

I mean, at least 2016’s Summer Games gave us

1.) A brand new mode similar to Rocket League

2.) More than just TWO new legendaries

3.) Several epic skins that weren’t locked behind weekly challenges forever

4.) Set the stage for future events, which sadly turned out to also set the stage for copy and paste events.

4 Likes

Well they were locked behind paywalls which is worse than weekly challenges

Sym, sig, junk, doom with no legendaries… bruh.

2 Likes

Tbf, those skins were available next year at a alower price, weekly skins are gone forever.

They aren’t anymore though. Weekly challenge skins never come back, and never will presumably. You can still get the 2016 Summer Games epics (when the event actually happens).

They’re not even trying anymore. Doesn’t help the two skins we got were meh at best. So, are we at the point where “Overwatch is a dead game” isn’t just a meme anymore, but more of a fact? Sure seems like it.

7 Likes

I only play Overwatch to collect the weekly cosmetics during events these days. But something about seeing just 2 legendaries has completely killed my motivation to play. Maybe it’s a deep realization that Blizzard really has essentially abandoned this game development wise.

I think I will skip Lunar New Year and start playing again when the Archive event arrives.

2 Likes

they wait until after the event began, instead of telling us when they were promoting the skins.

8 Likes

we used to make jokes about blizzard, now you open the game and the joke is already there you don’t even have to make it up

9 Likes

This year’s skins were a deeply personal, labor of love for the art team. We’re so happy with how they turned out, and plan on sharing more details about their development later this week in a deep dive blog by Jodie.

While we know that we’re offering fewer Legendary skins with this year’s event, the Skins team is hard at work on new content, with more Legendary skins planned for retail than any year prior. We’ll be sharing more information on this throughout the year.

38 Likes

I hope sigma gets something cause he needed a lunar new year skin more then mercy and tracer fr.

2 Likes

That makes zero sense though lol.

Even if say they add two or three more skins to another event that just evens out with the content cut from this event.

But yup. Wouldn’t doubt the “we cut skins here for more skins later!!” ends up being payed skins :roll_eyes:

Again wouldnt that just be leveling out what was cut? No offense but Ill believe it when we see it. All we currently know is youre making “promises” after cutting the very few content we ever get anymore.

50 Likes

That long?
I was extremely hyped for tonight, i thought something big is going to be announced with the launch of this event but, but, but…
It was a big mace to the face :frowning: :cry:

13 Likes

I’m not even mad, I’m just disappointed every time I log into the game at this point.

17 Likes

Hope it’s going to give legendary skins this time to heroes that don’t already have one for the event this time too…

2 Likes

I’m not trying to fault you, but please, I beg, we need the team to tell us what’s happening and if this is what we should expect, because at this point teasing this event and hyping it up did more harm than good for everyone.

If you’re gonna give us less and less, please lower our expectations, but justify it with talking about the future.

30 Likes

Very sorry if I sound bitter, but I just wish we got a roadmap and concrete explanations for things instead of just hoping and guessing things will get better at some unknown point in the future.

19 Likes

Why can’t I believe that :skull:

8 Likes

Cause they keep saying oh we got something in the future! Then we never get it.

34 Likes

Watch them put most of these “planned” skins behind OWL… Blizz will do anything to prop up this corpse of an e-sport.

5 Likes