Ok can someone please tell me why Pursuit is cheating?

I can’t find any list so apparently since there doesn’t seem to be any expressly authorised softwares, third party drivers aren’t either

To be clear i’m talking about razer, logitech drivers etc. that allow you to rebind keys etc.

once again you cannot articulate what disadvantage you have as a player when you play vs enemies who get a post match scoreboard when you are already in a new game.

okaaaaay.

1 Like

There’s no right or wrong here, just different opinions. For some it is cheating for others it isn’t, but Blizzard is on the opinion of it being cheating so what they say goes either way.

You could copy a google doc/excel file with the formulae already filled in

Again, nobody mentioned third-party drivers. You’re only bringing that up now.

Well, at some point it probably would be considered cheating I imagine. I’m not Blizzard so I don’t know.

Blizzard probably are preparing a similar system in game, that’s why they are trying to destroy competition.

The language in the TOS basically says they can ban you for any software “connected” to their platform, so they 100% could ban you for your mouse drivers if they wanted to. It’d be really dumb but they could.

It’s not their game as much as it is their players’ game. Without a playerbase they are nothing. And they know it very well.

So, no, they can’t do whatever they want. Not if they intend to keep said playerbase satisfied - hence paying.

So, for once it would be nice to see people defend their own position on the matter and their own beliefs instead of going with the “blizz said so so it must be true” flow.

1 Like

That might be true, if they see it is popular enough and people keep asking for it they will probably include it, wouldn’t be the first time.

Only if they are not expressly authorised by Blizzard. If they’re not, then tough luck. It’s their game, their rules.

I came to that possibility as well, it does seem ironic the timing of this is:

• Close to a developer update, possibly today
  • Close to the upcoming social feature that nobody knows what it could be yet (I hope it’s not a guild/clan system though, will be fairly useless for those who don’t speak on mics)

i got it. I tried visor for like 10 minutes and hated it, it lowered my fps and i found it just distracting so i uninstalled it after 1 game.
i still got the email though, but i guess i have nothing to worry about as I don’t have visor anymore

1 Like

Because it is a programm that only reason is to help you get better … and because blizzard say it.

OBS user dont have to fear anything because is made to stream.

The whole thread is about Third-party applications mate

And that is the issue i’m personally having, i won’t miss visor, i’ve only ever tried it once and noticed there’s barely any use for me personally, eventhough the stats are pretty nifty. I do want people to use it though if it helps them learn to play the game properly which it most definetly does.

Where do we draw the line? If you’re streaming on twitch your chat can ult-track for you and coach you, it’s exactly the same, probably even better because it’s actual players and not a pretty simplistic piece of software

I sure hope so

Yup… tbh it’s a “we can ban you for anything we want because reasons”

Technically however OBS can still give you an advantage. You can record your game and send it to a coach or upload it to Visor for post-match analysis, since Pursuit is banned. You can also have viewers watching live (perhaps even a coach) offering tips and such.

In that case have fun learning the hard way.

Technically but it isnt made for it thats a huge difference

The reason why what Pursuit is doing is not illegal or cheating, is because other games already have that feature implemented in them.
Dota2 for example has stats after every game that tells you what your average performance is and whether you improved from it or did worse.
This is why I think they are preparing their own version of Pursuit.
Except when they release it, all people with pitchforks saying Pursuit is cheating will cheer and stroke Blizzards ego.

2 Likes

So much this…

But those stats are part of those games. They were intended by the developers. The stats etc. provided by Visor and Pursuit were not intended by the developers and it gives certain people an advantage.

If Blizzard releases their own version of Pursuit in-game, then it will not be cheating as everybody will have access to it without the need of a third-party program. Why is that so hard to understand?