Ok can someone please tell me why Pursuit is cheating?

XD
(18 characters required)

Wow, what a good response. You really showed me, haha.

I basically predicted people like you will stroke Blizz ego :smiley:

1 Like

Nobody’s stroking Blizzard’s ego. Stop with the ad hominem.
I never even took a stance on this topic. I’ve said it many times, but I’m literally just trying to help people make sense of Blizzard’s logic.

Besides, my comment wasn’t even intended to defend Blizzard or stroke their ego, it was just a logical response to what was an illogical conclusion made by you.

Honestly I really hope they do this. The frame-drops when recording is painful, and an in-game system would be much more efficient and have much more potential with access the the internal state of the game and server-side info. It’s a seriously painful workaround to have to record the entire game then apply machine learning and computer vision just to get data lizard studios already has.

e k s d e e

or at least some other company will be given the ok.
Pro level teams already have https://www.winstonslab.com that sells stat info at a month rate between $50 to $450.

Winston’s Lab already tracks all the big events now and in the past with just crazy break down in the stats, hero play and so on. Like here is the last worldcup game between USA and Canada.

it’s interesting if one is a stat junky and clearly some players would love to have that sort of stat access to their own random games when playing normal match making games. I still think /tinfoil hat style/ that there is a deliberate blocking of raw stat access from the average player and his/her games to stop us all from seeing match making issues or hero balance issues.

as the game has been out for a while and clearly people love stats but the in game stat page for Overwatch is terrible and the average 3rd party sites don’t have full access to info.

1 Like

Spoken like a true cheater.

It’s third-party software which is clearly prohibited in the terms of service. What is so difficult to understand about that?

No, it’s not. Overbuff uses publicly available stats that anyone can access. Pursuit interprets those stats in a way that creates a disadvantage to players who don’t have it.

Two very different things.

I dont really think you know how does it work.

It makes all those stats (that should be handed by the own game, btw…) several minutes AFTER the game has ended. So you are getting 0 advantages in game.

For that reason, anyone who hires a coach should be banned too.

So then, the next game, a player would have the advantage because they have a program detailing which areas they should improve in.

I imagine if Blizzard had a reliable way of policing it, coaching probably would be banned too.

It’s not, but it uses the same tech as Visor.gg to get the information, so it’s caught in there too.

Omg… You’ve got to be kidding me.

Anyone would say that’s the worst idea ever for a game that is supposed to be “the next big thing” in esports…

How are the players in tier2-3 teams supposed to grow up to contenders/owl level?

1 Like

What? How does this relate?

Yeah, actually it is.
Hence why in Competitive games coaches aren’t allowed to talk to players mid round. Because they have access to information or knowledge that they players don’t.

So, your terrible argument and sarcastic jab is worthless.

And would the chat telling the streamer how much they died and who they died to after the game is over be cheating?

No. Obviously not. And if that’s all pursuit did, it wouldn’t be either.

EDIT: At the end of the day, I don’t really care what you think or do. Want to use Pursuit? Use Pursuit. Enjoy the ban.

Pursuit does nothing in game. Nothing at all. So again why is Pursuit any different? What does Pursuit do that could not be done by hand or by chat AFTER the match is finished?

Pursuit probably got banned because people lumped it in with Visor which actually affects in game

lol really? lets ban streamers then… you can talk to them via chat. 3sec delay is not that big of a deal…

Wrong; your mouse and keyboard drivers are software agnostic, meaning they don’t care about which programs you are using them for at all. Drivers are normally not specifically programmed to interact with certain aspect of only one program at all. Aside that, they are a necessity to run your computer, Pursuit surely is not.

Pursuit on the other hand is specifically tailed to run in conjunction with one program - Overwatch - only.

So spot the error in your bland trolling attempt.

blizzard can ban mouse and keyboard ppl from xbox if they want to.

xbox said it themselves… they give developers this freedom.

blizz just doesnt want to ban mouse and keyboard players.

Maybe they’re doing it to protect eSports Coaches careers like banning Uber protects taxi drivers =D I kid…

Seriously though, as discussed in another thread, it’s more than likely a case that it’s far easier and more practical to ban all 3rd party apps than just the harmful ones. They may not be saying Pursuit is harmful, just that it’s impractical to pick and choose whats ok.

Still, this REALLY underlines the need for Bliz to provide an official stats source…

1 Like