Ok can someone please tell me why Pursuit is cheating?

i got an email this morning telling me that i was using a third party program, but pursuit is basically just overbuff right? why does this count as cheating?

4 Likes

It provides you with statistics that other players would not have access to, technically giving you an advantage,

10 Likes

i guess. i wonder if they’ll try and take down sites like overbuff and masteroverwatch now, because they provide pretty much the same stats

12 Likes

I suppose the difference is people don’t have to download a third-party program to view those stats, though. I don’t know, I’m not part of Blizzard.

If it’s the same as overbuff, you won’t miss it then since you still have overbuff :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Pursuit is not cheating that’s absurd. You basically upload your gameplay and bots analyze it and tell you what you should improve.
Is paying for coaching also considered cheating? Is watching videos on youtube also a way of cheating now?
Cheating is when you use software to break the game in a way it helps you get kills etc. Wallhacks, aimbot, stuff like that.
With pursuit you don’t really have any advantage ingame.

17 Likes

no i won’t i was just wondering why it’s considered cheating that’s all

I feel like Blizzard would consider this cheating, but they don’t have a way to police it effectively without seeming inconsistent so they don’t make it a rule.

All hacks are cheating. Not all forms of cheating are hacks.

4 Likes

“Basically just overbuff” has to be an incredible oversight…

Then they should ban half their OWL roster.

Read my post again and find out why, if what I say is true, they mightn’t have done that.
Specifically this part:

Does it though? I’m under the impression that all it does is watch your videos for you, and since it’s free compared to coaching if anything it levels the playing field a bit.

it’s cheating because it provides you actual useful stats in a clear understandable format and therefore makes players improve and thus makes the entire game better. blizzard can’t have such things like that.

12 Likes

Is this a joke or did you really get an e-mail?

It does, because people who haven’t downloaded the program would not have these statistics.

yeah they would, they’d just have to get it through other means, like watching the VOD themselves or hiring someone to watch it for them

1 Like

With this logic you could also be punished for making videos of the game and watching them again.

Watching the VoD themselves would be fine, considering a third-party program that they downloaded isn’t doing it for them.
Hiring somebody else, not so sure about. As I said before:

Is it a third-party software or application?

Your entire point becomes moot once you realise things like hearthstone deck tracker exist and are actually explicitly allowed by Blizz under the “if it does something the player can do themselves with pen and paper, it’s allowed” argument.

If anything, the ban of pursuit is wildly inconsistent with their policy on the matter in their other games.

4 Likes