Ok can someone please tell me why Pursuit is cheating?

okay… so streaming games and your friends tracking ults in chat and give you info is cheating then… thank you for your conclusion and enlightenment.

2 Likes

No.
It’s not cheating.
Case closed.

I guess they don’t want anything that monitors the game in real time except for recording software and its fair enough cause it will create loopholes that can be used in the future.

1 Like

It gives you an unfair advantage therefore it’s cheating.

can you tell me please what unfair treatment you experience when you play vs a guy who uses pursuit.

1 Like

If Pursuit is cheating and a bannable action as it only gives you your stats and tips on what you did wrong AFTER the game is done, then the next step is to ban all players that play over 3 hours a day as it is not fair for those who play once a week as it is unfair to them loool

The quote is: “is used in connection with the platform” not “can be” to clarify.
And unless excel is literally strapped and connected to the very programming of the game it is not “connected”. Your fingers typing are not a “connection”
You know this is true. Stop acting dumb.

You said it first, not me. Provide your source for the list of programs that are not expressly authorised by Blizzard that also does not include Mouse and Keyboard drivers. :slight_smile:
Especially considering the game requires Mouse and Keyboard drivers to function.

Ah, right. Also ban anybody alive because they according to your logic have an advantage over dead people…

they thought about this already, thats why they implemented moira and brigitte.

Visor is not used in connection with the platform, but can be, you can also run it on VLC playing a video of your games and it works exactly the same.
Visor is also not strapped and connected to the very programming of the game.
You know it’s true. Stop acting dumb.

Also there is no list of programs that are not expressly authorised, if anything, there is a list of programs that ARE expressly authorised, you said Drivers are so, so prove your point.

The game does not require Third-Party Mouse and Keyboard drivers, the default microsoft HID Drivers work perfectly fine

2 Likes

Technically it can, you can enter the stats given to you by blizzard and automatically get stuff like dmg/minute, deaths/minute, avg dmg/life, and plenty more useful data

1 Like

You can scream it’s not cheating all you want, but Blizzard has the last word on everything about their game and they decided it is cheating.

My comment was totally sarcastic just to say that Pursuit doesn’t really effect the gameplay or anything. It only gives you tips on what you should have done.

Nobody is screaming its not cheating, blizzard defined it as such, we’re talking about their decision, and also if we can run say OBS and stream the game or if we’re gonna get banned for that too :slight_smile:

Looking at the wording of the TOS though anything “connected to the platform” can be a hack, which is really vague, so they basically reserve the right to call literally anything a hack.

Ask Jeff Kaplan. He’ll tell you all about it.

That’s not completely true. If they are constantly doing the wrong decisions it’s a good opportunity for other development studios to show up with a better game. I’m already waiting.

okay… so you have no arguments for your opinion.

nothing to see here i guess.

2 Likes

It’s their game they can do whatever they want.
But it’s our duty to tell them when they are wrong.

Mmk, thats a touche moment there. Well played.
I mean, you’re not right but I can’t be bothered trying to explain why you’re wrong, so yeah. Have a victory, yippee.

If there’s a list of programs that are expressly authorised, prove that Mouse and Keyboard drivers are not on that list. You said it first, so you prove your point.

I never said third-party Mouse and Keyboard drivers, but then again I know nothing about software/hardware and would’ve assumed that whatever these default Microsoft HID Drivers would classify as the so-called “Mouse and Keyboard” drivers that I referred to.

Technically, it’s not the same thing because you still have to configure it to do that. You can do the same thing with just a calculator.

Then in that case read the first post after OP.

Or you know… use Pursuit and see how long it takes for you to get in trouble.

Either way works.