Ok can someone please tell me why Pursuit is cheating?

You said you don’t know anything. It’s the same as saying you have no clue.
Which is it?
My advice is you to read on the matter before you display your ignorance online.

About persuit.

I do know about visor and that all 3rd party programs that monitor and facilitate gameplay are against the rules in this game.

Thus this discussion is useless. Stop using cheats.

This is the best explanation of blizzard reasoning. Gw

nope… the discussion is not useless… the only thing thats useless are your posts.

“i have no clue but iam still gonna write something” …

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I mean, and you keep displaying your ignorance on the matter. At this point I can legitimately call you dumb.

If Pursuit is cheating, so is Overbuff, so is streaming OW, so is in game tips that Blizzard provides, so is Kill cam in the game, you can even consider this forum as a form of cheating, when players ask advice on how to improve.
I’m not going to explain how Pursuit works, you can do your homework.

dude this discussion is about Pursuit, you’re only talking about Visor

OBS allows you to stream on twitch where you can have hundreds of people e.g. Ult-Tracking for you, this is actually by far “worse” than visor

1 Like

I got that same email too :S They told me it is a caution but it will eventually turn into a suspension or a ban.
Greetings,

We have identified that your account was logged into Overwatch while using unauthorized third-party applications, such as Visor or Pursuit. These programs provide benefits not normally achievable in the game, and detract from the integrity of the game environment.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. This is only a warning and we are not penalizing your Blizzard or Overwatch account at this time. Continued use of unauthorized third-party programs will result in action taken against your account, up to and including a permanent ban, in accordance with the End User License Agreement (Blizzard End User License Agreement - Legal – Blizzard Entertainment).

Regards,

Blizzard Support

Simply put? Because Blizzard said so, and it’s their game.

3 Likes

Yup thats apparently how it works, Excel is against ToS too

also gives you enemy ult percentage lol

1 Like

As I said twice in that post, I am not a Blizzard employee so I don’t know their policies. Perhaps OBS isn’t allowed and if it is, they will have reasons for it.
I imagine it’s something along the lines of OBS being not primarily designed for people to ult-track for you.

By my understanding, that’s a false statement. Excel doesn’t automatically gather statistics for you.

No these are completely different because they are literally intended by Blizzard. It’s not a third-party program telling you these things.

Actually Mouse and Keyboard drivers are exactly this, all 4 points

1 Like

It doesn’t mater what it is, Blizzard can and will drop the legal hammer down on any company that does something they don’t like with their $$$$$$$$$$$$ Overwatch baby.

This is some straight mama bear action. As in the answer is always no.
Like Blizzard could send a team of lawyers into any random comic com and straight shut down all likeness of the product in artist booths. They could close any/all web sites right now that use their art from in game. They could serve take down notices for almost anything with the game.

this is a legal move, it’s slamming a company looking to automate something with Overwatch without some sort of direct partnership.

I’m fairly certain Mouse and Keyboard drivers are expressly authorised by Blizzard.

Lmao. That’s cheating.

Here’s how you tell.

Does someone who uses the programme have an advantage over someone who does not?

Is the software from a third party company?

If both answers are yes, that’s cheat software.

Case closed.

visor gives you in game response and might help you during the game but Pursuit gives you stats after the game is finished just like overbuff. I like Pursuit as after the game is done around a minute or 2 it will tell you who killed you most, who you killed and what you need to improve

Excel is a software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, can be used in connection with the platform and facilitates other funcitonality. This is by definition against ToS

Blizzard may take legal action against Pursuit’s processing of image and sound material. However, a ban would not be justified, as Pursuit claims that they are formally affiliated with OWL and World Championship teams and have been approved by Blizzard.

You got a Source? I can’t find anything like that :slight_smile: