Ok can someone please tell me why Pursuit is cheating?

Pursuit is not a cheat - it is a hack by Blizzard’s definition:

“hacks; i.e. accessing or modifying the software of the Platform in any manner not expressly authorized by Blizzard; and/or any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform and/or any component or feature thereof which changes and/or facilitates the gameplay or other functionality;

Perfect fit.

It doesn’t fit at all, there is no manipulation or access of the game. It uses WIndows functionality to record the fullscreen window. And extracts Data from the pictures made.

1 Like

Try to understand this part and wrapping your mind around it again:

“any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that can be used in connection with the Platform

Like my Hardware drivers? What about OBS, is OBS authorized or will streamers receive some warnings/bans too?

It sucks but they pick and choose what they accept and they don’t want it. Not much we can do about it other than make some sort of appeal or petition for it and hope they can permit it.

They probably don’t like pursuit and other tools which are saving statistics because it creates hard evidence, that the matchmaking system is not fair/rigged.
Thanks for this thread i will try to contact blizzard and ask directly.
Or could somebody show me the email first? haven’t received one.

1 Like

Going back and reading that again it sounds like they are only against stuff that affects you in-game, makes me think some employee just lumped pursuit and visor together without enough research.

1 Like

I mean, they may have done just that. As I’ve said before, I’m merely trying to help people make sense of their logic.
Personally, I think it’s better to not assume they’re just being incompetent.

1 Like

overbuff is cheating too guys… youve heard it. lol.

2 Likes

From the reddit thread:

Team Canada

“How can we ban xQc this month?”

2 Likes

Pursuit is a

1. software
  2. not expressly authorized by Blizzard
  3. that is used in connection with the platform
  4. and it facilitates other functionality,

so it fits Blizzard’s definition of a hack.

Does the same apply to your hardware driver? I don’t think so. Now finally drop the playing dumb act right now, will ya?

1 Like

As i said before, it uses common Windows functions to identify the window-handle and record the screen. It interacts more with my graphiccard than with Overwatch.

facilitating other functionality? What does that even mean, so if i create statistics in my excel-sheet, thats cheating too? I am not playing dumb i just know something about computers. At the moment this is a grey area and i have arguments why it should be allowed.
What you are doing? Just defending something that you don’t really understand.

Not really. Most of the starts there can be viewed in game, and the rest of the stats don’t increase your performance vs other players.

1 Like

It is legitimate, I got the warning email as well.

Uninstalled for now, but you can still just run them on vods.

1 Like

Is there anyone here who lives within the EU who has received this email?

no i didnt get it…

maybe they need to do the translations … and then they sent them out

Basically autopilot.

I don’t know anything about persuit nor do I care, but with visor tracking enemy ults per se is facilitating.

It is automatically tracking ults so you don’t have to.

too bad because thats what ppl are talking about,… thanks for pointing out that you have no clue.

No but you are also not using an automatic 3rd party application to scrub data from a Blizzard product for easy packaging to the consumer.
Blizzard isn’t going to allow a non-partner 3rd party application to do that with Overwatch, period. Now they might partner up, give direct access, sell access, make their own Pursuit like application etc etc etc.

but open the door for other companies for “Hey gleam Overwatch data and package it for consumer consumption in near real time”, yeah no. Let not act like we don’t all understand the issue at play here.

Certain areas of data, image etc can fall under fair use but it’s still rather narrow. It’s why say Jayne can have a streaming commentary show during an OWL match, but can’t show the match on twitch himself.
Blizzard controls all things Overwatch, everything. In this case I’m guessing this is all a legal flex on Pursuit as a company. As in watch how fast they back down from Activision’s lawyers and/or step in line with whatever Blizzard wants changed about Pursuit.

5 Likes

Not caring is not the same as no clue.

It is cheating. Blizzard has taken a stance against it. Get good.

Stop using the clearly defined 3rd party software to gain an advantage.