Oh look at that? just like i said, top level players are predicting hanzo to become a throw pick

Its good he’s becoming a throw pick - penance for abuse of SA.

Yes. I do. These changes happened not that long before it, iirc.

So we have a Hanzo with better wall-climb, lunge, and storm arrow. It’s not the same Hanzo.

never said it was.

I said the reason he was a throw pick is coming back.

Is there an issue with hanzo becoming a throw pick?

He was made to look attractive from a gameplay perspective, not be balanced. Any hero with a bow in a game is fundamentally broken and shouldn’t be anything higher than dumpster-tier. He’ll be playable in custom modes and PVE which will look cool, but in comp he’ll be trash. No issue with that for me.

Oh wait, he still has one-shot potential, 2 incredibly useful abilities which outshine the majority of the game’s heroes and the most combo-able ult in the game.

Which i disagree with . There is only so much adapting can do. A certain level of inconsistency stays because it involved prediction and not raw aim.
We already have data of Hanzos accuracy pre rework. The best Hanzos like Seagul were at like 30% accuracy.

2 Likes

how about the motto of this game? viable at all levels?

found the biased support main.

3 Likes

Hanzo isn’t going to be a throw pick considering he still have storm arrows and lunge to compensate for his weaknesses.

If anything, he got off pretty darn lightly.

1 Like

You said we didn’t need data because we already know how he performs, to which I responded things aren’t the same as then.

And is probably going up. Considering Hanzo’s post rework capabilities, that sounds good.

The reason he was a throw pick back then wasn’t just because of his projectile speed and arc, but it was also because when he got dive, if he miss his scatter arrow, he’s good as dead. He was unable to create the distance to get away from divers.

leap yes, but wasn’t double jumping, ill adjust my attempts. now that its been pointed out I fell a bit stupid haha.

Thanks for the advice. :3

(i am such a bad gengu hahaha)

said by a player who has never played pre rework hanzo, and doesn’t understand that the fundamental change of his arrow speed makes all of his abilities inconistant.

2 Likes

They’re literally reverting a change in this patch with Mei’s slowing going back to 1 second from 1.5 you ignoramus

This just in! Pro players overreact to small slap on the wrist nerfs and predict the sky is falling!

What? He still has Storm and Lunge, great mobility and one shot potential from spamming chokes.

His arrows are practically hitscan out to mid/long range.

This reminds me way too much of Doom mains claiming he’d be a throw pick after the nerf to his shield gain and 0.4s longer charge on max RP.

1 Like

Hell yeah. But also it’s pretty true, Hanzo is always going to be luck/spam based in low ranks, and a direct upgrade to widow in high ones.

I’m just concerned and have mixed feelings about this nerf. Maybe storm will help hom with his inconsistency issue, but i wouldnt want Hanzo going from top dps to throw pick again. I know many people are sick of him, but thats not good balancing imo. We’ll see how it turns out.

Said by a player that don’t realize Hanzo then and Hanzo now is completely different. Pre-rework Hanzo didn’t have storm arrow and lunge, abilities that covers his weaknesses upclose.

Weaknesses that he HAD back then.

The arrow speed nerf is nothing at close-mid ranges when storm arrow still fires at maximum speed, headshots and has no dropoff damage.

5 Likes

It’s not the way I wouldn’t have gone either, but some players think it’s nothing others think it trashed him, which probably means the reality is somewhere in the middle and it’s gonna turn out to be a decent nerf.

1 Like

People are saying this, I assure one video does not truth make. The yellow journalism in play on these videos these days is out of hand… otoh, a low dose of Hanzo might do the game good.

Many others have said this is barely a nerf.

Have to wait to see how the data pans out.