Oh look at that? just like i said, top level players are predicting hanzo to become a throw pick

Hanzo was simply too good, he had no real disadvantages. I’m sceptical that the nerf (or revert) to arrow speed will help overall, but we’ll see. I was hoping for something around Storm Arrow to be adjusted instead.

However, this shows that there can be biased opinions in GM about certain heroes. This is a fair reason as to why we shouldn’t just mainly balance on the opinions (and statistics, if they are considered :laughing:?) of such a small number of players.

1 Like

Have you tried it yet?

Streamers/youtubers/top500 always say this when it comes to dps hoping that blizz will revert nerfs…

They’d need to redesign him if he couldn’t one shot with headshot. As much as those pain me they’re a critical part of the kit. If they nerfed it less (just doesn’t one shot 250 HP) it wouldn’t impact his place in the meta much even with the current dps line up.

Also high risk high reward isn’t necessarily bad balance.

Probably some truth to this actually, much as I hate to say it. Almost every streamer I think of outside of Violet is a DPS main…

The ironic thing is they aren’t saying that. So many of them are saying it’s barely a nerf lol

Good chance he’ll get another then. I tried it, its definitely slower speed.

1 Like

It’s always amazing that after a downward tweak a still perfectly viable character becomes a throw-pick. So much hyperbole, it’s a wonder anyone can take it seriously here.

The Coaches are probably right - for skilled players it won’t make much difference… skilled being like Diamond up… or even Masters. The rest will definitely feel it, but I think its funny when Silvers and Golds are like “dey say Coaches say it don’t matterz”… I bet. Should do a lot to stem the tide of minimally good Hanzo mains.

He was bad pre-rework mostly because of scatter and sonar arrow being the way they were.

Now scatter is gone and you’ve got a more reliable storm arrow to replace it. Sonar arrow can reveal more and is on a lower cooldown (it used to be 20 seconds) Also Lunge does add to his mobility and evasion.

There will Hanzo players jumping ship over this change sure, but the ones that played him pre-rework will adjust right back.

Any decrease in the Hanzo Horde is a good thing in my book…

1 Like

Arrge comes off as a dunce to me, he genuinely doesn’t seem to understand that a projectile character shouldn’t effectively be a hitscan character because of their projectile speed, and he spends most of the video contradicting himself about whether the nerf does or doesn’t matter.

Hanzo is just a closer range character now, if he loses in the midrange to a pocketed Ashe or a Soldier 76 then that is a major breakthrough for gamebalance. He still seems like a flat out better McCree to me, but legit struggles vs Pharah now. As it should be.

2 Likes

It’ll thin out the numbers sure but I question if it’d knock him off that top dps pedestal his sat on for months.

Doomfist is getting his uppercut gutted and Mei is getting her freeze mildly toned down. So they might be on the out as well.

It’ll be an interesting next few months.

1 Like

Yeah. Having to relearn something should never be a reason to not make a change, imo. Sure it can take a long time, but if something is good for the long term health of the game, then it’s a worthwhile change.

Put simply, Hanzo has not changed enough. The arc of the arrow is barely changed, and the speed is barely different. The players with any skill will be unaffected.

Like I said would happen, this t500 player agrees with what I’m saying here, because it’s logically valid. 10:16

Agreed.

Hanzo is a BS hero with an overloaded kit. The less of him the better.

And also data which is never shared with the playerbase ever. Just kept to their secret developer books.

Did you really just say this after they literally reverted Hanzo’s arrow speed to pre-rework this patch…?

They’ve also done multiple partial reverts too.

I really think that Hanzo players need to stop being dramatic about this.

It’s just a 12% projectile speed nerf.

If you adjust your sensitivity by 12% it will be barely noticeable unless you are fighting Widow/Pharah on very long range.

so you cant play your projectile hero with hitscan levels of speed on his weapon? uhhh just play mccree?