(OFFICAL) MCCREE's NAME IS CHANGING!

Nothing makes it HIS character, they just have the same name

9 Likes

It was made for him. Geez. Google it.

Im just going to quote this down here so everyone knows

6 Likes

lmfaooo freaking same and if I had to guess majority of people will still call him mccree

3 Likes

I don’t mind the name change, but I just hope it’s a good name. Something that is creative and not boring, and has a good ring to it.

But I think people also need to separate the character from the actual person. Yes, it’s the same name, but that’s all it is. There’s tons of people in the world who share the same name. One could be a criminal, but the other is innocent. Just because the names are the same, doesn’t mean both of them are criminals.

If people separate McCree from the real life one, then the real life one has no meaning to the character. It only has purpose when you make it have purpose.

2 Likes

I joined the team a few months ago, and have been onboarding and learning since then.

Most CM’s don’t just jump into the community without some preparation :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Welcome!

We are happy to have you!!

16 Likes

I would say that the vast majority don’t or even pay attention to Blizzard behind the scenes.

Blizzard in a nutshell:

1 Like

ok, but do you realize that you are going to kill 5 years of a real hero? 5 years of in name, why change all this ?! changing it will forever highlight this scandal and it is not fair.

I hope you seriously consider the name Joel or a Jessie McCrea as a pronunciation aid, man.

9 Likes

I hate you for this. Truly despicable and nothing more than a PR stunt.

DON’T CHANGE HIS NAME.

13 Likes

Hey no need for that

Why are you hating on him?

He was not the one who said it needs to be changed

2 Likes

Technically, it wasn’t made for him, as that would imply it was a gift. A better phrase would be, “It was inspired by his name,” as they took the coolest sounding name and ran with it.

5 Likes

So, new names?

Messy J’Cree?
Cowboy McCowboy?
Wild Bill Cosby?

2 Likes

I hope you won’t get too discouraged by people misdirecting their frustrations at you. Many of us are happy to have you here!

4 Likes

bro tell them to just change his first name lol. literally will solve everything

2 Likes

I know this is a big change, but can we all try to be civil and not attack each other or the devs for this decision?

5 Likes

Obviously meant Blizzard here.

Oh, well for me it was always a pretty personal stance I took on this because we’re essentially dealing with feelings and I’ve gotten into arguments over it on the forum over the technicalities of if he was “named after” that dev or not. That’s a point that could foster an argument, but feelings are another matter entirely.

I’ve always stuck to the position that I want the name changed but I was okay with and understood that other people wanted it to stay as it is. I never said that my opinion or my feelings are right and should somehow trump other peoples opinions or feelings. That would be wrong.

At the end of the day, it was the teams (yours) decision to make. Still, I want to express my thanks that you’re changing it. :+1:

5 Likes

sorry but i cant help but laugh that theres actual uproar over this…

its just his name…and it now happens to be tied to a bad incident (even if YOU dont care - i personally dont care)…we’ll live…it changes nothing about the game…

they want to change it because of a stigma some people now have…w/e…who honestly cares…

4 Likes