(OFFICAL) MCCREE's NAME IS CHANGING!

You are once again, don’t take responsibility. This is just addressing the issue without addressing the issue! McCree is not the problem. Your team, your COMPANY is the problem!

23 Likes

They release a new hero or standard map now, they have to rework it for 5v5
It doesn’t make sense

They need someone to throw to the lions. Also CM in blizzard could be the more usseles job there. Its only a punchball.

1 Like

I think they’re just trying to save their reputation with this. But I can understand why they’d want to change it if they truly got the inspiration for the name from that creep.

4 Likes

Still gonna call him McCree. This whole thing is extremely stupid

26 Likes

Imagine you are an artist that has been harassed or assaulted by somebody, then you get to spend years and years working on his fictional character. How would you like that? Sound like a great job, very pleasurable?

The people online freaking out about the name change are not personally affected by this decisions, yet they are flooding the forums with cry babying. If it doesn’t affect you, get over yourself. I’m glad they are changing something that would upset actual people.

4 Likes

Probably because you havent even thought any of it out lol.

3 Likes

If someone wonders about who the IRL Jesse McCree was. A lead dev for Diablo IV. Have been fired weeks ago

2 Likes

So woke. Gonna be so broke.

9 Likes

Yea ngl I never knew his name was based on an real person

2 Likes

This is just… very upsetting

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s all being saved for OW2, but here, enjoy this new death match map.

Moving on, I just see this as adding extra work for yourself: they already have a tight window to release, so changing an entire character in all new forms of media just seems overproductive to me.

4 Likes

It’s funny how they think we aren’t gonna continue to call him McCree.

21 Likes

Nothing makes it HIS character, they just have the same name

9 Likes

It was made for him. Geez. Google it.

Im just going to quote this down here so everyone knows

6 Likes

lmfaooo freaking same and if I had to guess majority of people will still call him mccree

3 Likes

I don’t mind the name change, but I just hope it’s a good name. Something that is creative and not boring, and has a good ring to it.

But I think people also need to separate the character from the actual person. Yes, it’s the same name, but that’s all it is. There’s tons of people in the world who share the same name. One could be a criminal, but the other is innocent. Just because the names are the same, doesn’t mean both of them are criminals.

If people separate McCree from the real life one, then the real life one has no meaning to the character. It only has purpose when you make it have purpose.

2 Likes

I joined the team a few months ago, and have been onboarding and learning since then.

Most CM’s don’t just jump into the community without some preparation :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Welcome!

We are happy to have you!!

16 Likes