Not Receiving OWL Tokens

You have direct contact with Blizzard for being an MVP?

I think the coins only arrive in accounts after 24-48 hours. At least thats what i saw on reddit

I immediately got 10 tokens from my first two hours of viewing on Friday. Then the tokens stopped coming, Later I switched to the phone app and got ten more tokens after two hours.

I’ve watched well over two hours today on the phone app and have yet to see any tokens for it. And now I can’t even log on to OW on my console to see if they have appeared.

Me and a friends are running a test. im using the app and shes using the site and we r gonna see if the site is broken or the app is the only thing thats works. Did you get tokens from the site and app tho @pandareno

It’s been over 24 hours and I’ve still gotten nothing. Can confirm that I was logged in, my accounts are linked, and I’ve been watching for nearly 5 hours. Sites broke

Same here watched all day yesterday and today and still nothing.

2 Likes

@Crozi

I was able to log in to OW finally just now and received the tokens that I’ve earned so far today. I give up on trying to get it to work with PC so I’m just going to stick to the phone app.

My problem is the app is not showing the live feed. It just disappears randomly. Last night it never showed up, so I tried the site and that did not count. I got tokens today, but after taking a call, it is pretending there is no live game.

Thanks for the update. I already did both of these steps (cache/cookie cleaning was actually done yesterday) and it did not work for me. Using phone app now as the last recourse.

This is not true, I was receiving tokens within less than hour of eligible watch time.

This is good troubleshooting, but I have tracked user posts this weekend and confirmed that the App and the website are working for most users.\

I reviewed both of your posting history to see what steps each of you have taken, for you I recommend taking time to revoke Overwatch League permissions on your Blizzard Account and try signing back into OverwatchLeague.com

https://account.blizzard.com/connections#authorized-applications

Try refresing the app (touch top, drag down), if not close it and restart it entirely.

Hopefully this works, but after reviewing your steps of action taken, I am out of suggestions for you.

Mobile app works. Hope this piece of info helps Blizz figure out what’s wrong with the tracker. They better be paying you enough for all the threads you are handling about this!

This is helpful information, now is your mobile app on the same internet connection as your suspected device?

I get one free hug per year at BlizzCon.

4 Likes

Yes, phone is on the same WiFi network as my PC.

Excellent, sorry for the delayed response (my notifications have been going through the roof), based on some reports from other users I may have a new step to propose for you to check. Web browsers themselves have a type of adblocker typically intended to stop extremely intrusive ads. Now unlike an ad blocker plug-in (which I recommend disabling entirely), you might try checking your perferred web browser to see if there are individual permission settings for specifically OverwatchLeague.com and permit that domain to allow all types of ads (which the site has little to no ads and none that pop up).

On Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (new version) click on the " :lock: Secure" button next to the URL navigation bar where https://www.overwatchleague.com displays. When the drop down appears click on the “:gear: Site Settings” (Chrome) / ":gear: Site Permissions button in that drop down. When a large list of permissions appears, change ads from “Block” to “Allow”. Other web browsers may have different steps to follow.

3 Likes

I too have received no drops after watching from the very first qualification game between Toronto and Vancouver. I’ve messed with a lot of options that you highlighted in numerous forum threads recently and just changed the ‘Allow Ads’ option you’ve recommended. Maybe I’m impatient and there is a 48 hour window but the drop rate has been very wide in variation for many viewers so I hope these changes work out in the last hour of tonights games.
Either way, the complexity of these issues and the workarounds haven’t been well explained except by your good self and other forum users with some insight on how to try and fix it. It’s a shame that this return of incentives hasn’t been as smooth as promised and hopefully new or updated systems will help give loyal viewers what they were promised.

1 Like

I can only assume more people watched it today than yesterday an the system is over loaded? I watched yesterday and started getting my tokens within 2-3 hours of watching. Now it’s like 6 hours later and have nothing yet.

I still didnt receive tokens from yesterday. Gave up on watching today.

It’s very possible there is a delay but with some people getting tokens in hours and some getting none at all, the inconsistency is making us all question what’s been happening. All of the little details that have been recommended by mods to try and work around things doesn’t help put a lot of skeptical minds at ease about this new system.

1 Like

I finally got it to work! I am a console player so this may not work for PC players. If none of the troubleshooting thats been listed helps go into you account and disconnect you console from your Blizzard tag. Then reconnect and refresh everything. After an hour I started finally getting tokens.

1 Like