Not Receiving OWL Tokens

It’s honsetly nothing new, same problems with the Twitch system. No idea if your earning drops, could turn up in hours or days or not at all.

Seriously they need some kind of progress bar just so you know your actually earnin stuff or not. This whole “hope for the best and find out hours later you earned nothing” is a joke. Especially all the little tweaks to the system you have no idea if work or not till again you try for hours to see if it works.

Personally mine worked day one, so far on day two I have earned nothing yet. As nothing has changed on my end it’s fairly obvious the system is either backed up or broken.

5 Likes

I just dissconnected and reconnected with my PSN, and to be honest, had a heart attack trying to remember details after 4 years or so, hopefully it works eventually and if this was my problem I hope more people like me know about how to hopefully fix it.

The Twitch system for me could be a bit delayed but it usually came through after a couple of days. But without the bell icon alerting you of drops like Twitch it’s hard to know if progress is being made. I’ve cleared cookies, allowed ads and just reset my PS4 connection with my BattleTag and I doubt I’ll know tonight.
Maybe I’m impatient but yes I agree that sitting thinking about whether everything is working or not is not a good feeling. This ‘new’ system is definitely not as simple as promised so far which is leaving a lot of people worried and angry.

2 Likes

I am just annoyed that after almost a year of no drops at all after leaving twitch this was the best they could come up with. You can’t even watch it on YT itself… it has to be on their website or the app… Which far as I know doesn’t even give you access to the chat.

Very bare bones system, if I actually cared bout OWL I would be disappointed.

I’ve watched every game in Chrome with my account linked and haven’t had one token. I’ve made the suggested tweaks to settings (almost none of which should have any technical impact tbh) and still nothing tonight either. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Again, we don’t know if there is any progress being made for some people, some are getting them quick, some like us haven’t got 1 for over 24 hours. As delayed as the Twitch system could be it usually always went through and this contract change to YT has screwed up the system and left many viewers hoping to be rewarded as promised confused and enfuriated with the lack of offical communication on issues.

1 Like

I also tried out pretty much everything suggested to get drops working, even the “unallow the Overwatch League Page from your account, then log back into the OWL site” trick that was supposedly working for others, and nothing’s changed. I watched for 5-6 hours apiece yesterday and today, yet I’ve received nothing. I feel robbed.

The time aspect between hours logged and confirmed drops is what irks me the most, why is it so inconsistent between viewers and why are there so many little technical issues that could be blocking progress compared to the older system which as far as I remember didn’t require so many potential changes to fix.
I sincerely hope that there are people looking and logging these concerns and maybe we’ll get a smoother process in future, uncertainty isn’t what we want from Blizzard right now in many aspects especially how they tried to hype this promotion as simply as they did.

I really hope that this ‘up to 48 hours’ delay is the culprit as hopefully we could be rewarded for our patience eventually, hearing all of these suggestions and hearing the stories of it not working doesn’t fill us with hope at all and I feel for all those that really wanted those tokens and enjoy the OWL at the same time, even up to staying up to all hours in some regions to watch, enjoy and earn for their loyalty.

2 Likes

agreed, it’s crazy to me that this system has THIS many little technical problems and intricacies to it. I can’t believe myself and this many other people are having to try and jump through countless hoops just for nothing to work. All we want is the tokens we’ve rightfully earned, it shouldn’t be this hard.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten drops either.

1 Like

Agreed, the things I’ve changed alone in the last 24-36 hours is not something that would’ve come to mind without mods and other forum users recommending such workarounds and we still don’t know if it’s actually changing anything for the better, we don’t get notified on YT or Blizz site like we did for Twitch so the best thing I can do is check my PS4 to see if the number has gone up.

After watching near every moment this weekend and hearing all of the stories and concerns so far, it isn’t filling me with hope and I wish that these issues will be addressed so everyone who’s sticking it out and trying to earn and enjoy will eventually get what they were promised.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. This is even after I simultaneously run the matches stream off of my computer and my OWL App on my phone. Nothing is working and I’m pretty sure, from my past experiences when I had problems with Twitch’s services, that neither blizzard nor youtube will accept responsibility for players not receiving any of their due tokens.

5 tokens when I am due close to 60. Something stinks about all of this.

2 Likes

cleared my cache, tried removing permissions and accepting them once again, turned off adblocker completely. nothing seems to work

i probably have ~8 hours of viewtime at this point but still got 0 tokens.
for twitch i just had to link my account and then it just always worked, with better quality streams too. the switch to youtube seems like such a big downgrade

1 Like

The highlight clips they put together to go over between matches is sometimes low quality, but the matches stream at quality that is better than twitch.

At this point I have tried Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera. I’ve disabled plug-ins/add-ons (like adblockers), including ones built-in to browsers like Chrome. I’ve removed and then re-enabled permissions from my account.

Nothing.

What’s weird is that I had no problems getting tokens from Overwatchleague.com before. I didn’t watch OWL on Twitch.

1 Like

I’ve been watching the past hour from the “Live Now” banner viewer and just received my first 5 tokens, might be coincedence after two days that I get them now, but watching from this one and not the main page is worth a try.

1 Like

what do you mean “live now” banner viewer? where can i find this?
im watching directly at front page and receiving nothing.

On the OWL website it’s right under all the tabs at the top. ‘Live now’ in red with a little red circle beside it. You can click on that.

the thing that says “Los Angeles Valiant LIVE IN 04:50:09 San Francisco Shock”?
thanks, guess i will give it a try in 5 hours and see if it gives any tokens

Sorry I didn’t see your question sooner, I can’t guarantee this is the fix as people are getting them from the main page too but it’s worth a try, I’m getting tokens now after clearing cookies, resetting my PS4 connection to Blizzard, allowing ads on the website so I don’t know for sure whether it’s made a difference or whether the delay is finally catching up.

Try out the other viewer tonight and I hope it makes a difference for you.