Not Receiving OWL Tokens

Are you serious? A different internet connection? Come on…that can’t possibly be where we’re at when the world is essentially stuck at home on 1 connection.

2 Likes

I know that is difficult, note I would consider a different internet connection such as a celluar connection. Right now my goal for each individual user is to try and locate and isolate their specific issue, if I can isolate to a specific device, then I might be able to provide more detailed steps or identify common issues with a specific device and setup. This is the nature of troubleshooting.

Russia. its listed in supported countries. and my friend recieving tokens

I will attempt this on cellular data through the app and report back in an hour.

Note: I began viewing at 6:37 PM central time.

1 Like

What difference does that even make? I’m running an ad blocker and I’m getting them.

2 Likes

The issue is not with the users at this point. It’s clearly with the system. I’m setup correctly from top to bottom in order to receive tokens and have received none. I should not have to switch devices or internet connections when I’ve followed all of the instructions provided by Blizzard in order to receive tokens for watching. When you’ve followed instructions to the letter and are still not receiving tokens then the issue is on the other side of the table which is the system.

1 Like

This is a great example of how you know it’s a system thing. There are plenty of people receiving tokens while following none of the “solutions” provided while others have followed those instructions and are still not receiving tokens. We followed the instructions provided by Blizzard in advance of this weekend’s matches and are simply getting hosed because the system is not picking up that we’re watching on a connected account.

3 Likes

Okay I reviewed your posting history and see that in your first post you said, “Tried deleting permissions” just to absolutely make sure when you did, did you re-sign back onto OverwatchLeague.com and re-enable all three permissions?

Yep, of course to make sure we are not spinning wheels, make sure you are fully signed onto the mobile app of course.

The video plays from YouTube despite being enabled from OverwatchLeague.com, also I am suspecting the token drop service may function on an entirely different domain. So far I have had success from users who reported they did entirely disable or uninstall the AdBlocker and then started to earn tokens.

The majority of players are earning tokens. Trust me these forums would be going even more crazy now if none of us were. Now there are problems with how they have it set up and I am reporting that feedback to Blizzard, but as a forum MVP my goal is to try and recommend these workaround solutions and if they work, I can report issues to Blizzard for them to possibly fix. Any permanent solution to make earning tokens more compatible for all users will no doubt take time (days, weeks) on Blizzard’s part to correct.

Yes. Delete permissons. Delete cookies and data from bnet and league site. re-sign back to battlenet and to league site. reenable permissions. all of that done 3hrs ago. and nothing! and its awful, because after any change you must waiting 1 hour.

To confirm, I had signed in before viewing in the app, yes

Okay, and I do thank you for posting your list of steps taken.

Were you able to locate the mobile app to try? Here are the links:

iOS

Android

Good I look forward to hearing if it works or not.

But I’m running ublock, ghostery, noscript and only allow scripts from that page specifically(youtube already allowed previously) and I’m running firefox. I still get tokens. All I did was just log in and grant permission from the thingy.

1 Like

Ublock seems to be a more tolerable AdBlock, there are others I am less sure about. If you, personally, are earning tokens, that is great, however when it comes to troubleshooting, anything a user can do to that set up the device to work as simple as possible helps with the troubleshooting process.

Im already installed android emulator and app to it. but now im trying another things, like watching with disabled antivirus software. next step i`ll try to completly disable addblock from all sites.
So now i cant use mobile app because then i dont understand what was the solution

Yes please, this is an important step.

While I appreciate your efforts in the short term, none of them are working for me specifically and, based on other posts, other users either. Just because a majority (51%+) of players are earning tokens doesn’t mean that there isn’t a widespread system issue. The issue simply isn’t affecting more than 49% (using the simple definition of majority here). In my personal experience, the more people reporting the same issue while following provided instructions across different devices equals a system issue. The pressure needs to be placed on Blizzard to correct the issue.

1 Like

Don’t worry, Blizzard gets a lot of feedback from me throughout the season each season. That being said, this is my third year helping users sort out earning drops from streams. Yeah, I think this year is a little more rough (one of my original steps was stay on Twitch as that has in-page notifications). I am hopeful that Blizzard will fix any persistant issues in the weeks to come, but until then I can only provide workarounds to as many as possible in the meantime.

So. Disabling antivirus didnt help. now i will try disable ublock from all sites