Not Receiving OWL Tokens

There we go! It worked! Apparently you have to completely disable the inherent adblocker that every single browser has on by default. I thought it was fine, but I resorted to turning off all security measures for the overwatchleague site, then the tokens started to show up.

I know it must be frustrating for you to deal with all of these problems with little appreciation, but let me take this moment to send you a ‘Thank You’ for helping me out. I hope this knowledge helps in your efforts to assist others.

Curious what browser are you using that you got this to work on?

and what setting you disabled?

My situation wasn’t working for either Chrome or Firefox, so I jumped to the browser Avast. That browser initially didn’t work either but they had a simple way to disable the adblocker, so that’s what I did. That’s when it worked.
I looked on Chrome and Firefox again and noticed that their adblockers were on by default as well, so I can only assume that was the issue, but I did not test those browsers.

Wait. Firefox does not have own adblocker

Try pressing the little shield icon next to the address bar. It’s show you the ‘protection’ options so I can only assume disabling it will fix it, but I have not tested that specifically.

it was disabled yesterday

What’s being on PC got to do with anything?

Steps of troubleshooting for me including identifying what devices, operating systems and web browsers/apps you are using.

The app worked in awarding me points but used a LOT of data. I will try to connect to my network now and see if it will do the same in an hour.

I do not understand why it will not give me the tokens through chrome. I gave every permission possible to the website. I’m pretty sure they can even legally name my firstborn. But it will not give me tokens.

Good, yeah you should only try for an hour just for testing purposes. Data will get consumed up otherwise.

Now to clarify do you mean the BattleNet account log-in permissions, because there are only three (and all three should be allowed). Also there are browser permissions for specifically OverwatchLeague.com (click the " :lock:" icon next to the URL in the navigation bar to find the settings button for the site. and there I recommend having any Ad blocker setting set to “Allow”.

Disabling uBlock doesnt help. now trying mobile app

So using mobile app through android emulator on the same PC is granting tokens. But it is not the solution of the problem

Hey guys as you can see, many of the major topics about not getting OWL tokens have been consolidated into this thread. This was important as it helps me track issues and keeps everyone’s ideas and steps of troubleshooting on one page.

Understand everything discussed about the issues has been really helpful to me to identify known issues and I will pass this feedback to Blizzard customer support. Thank you everyone for your patience and efforts to help me to help all of you to troubleshoot!

Hello so ive been told if i watch a watch from 9 in the morning i can collect league tokens but the only thing on the owl app is chipsa moments and on the website it doesnt say their live,just when a new match starts aka 2 hours and i woke up at 3 in the afternoon,uk time,please can i have help? Id like to watch the battle and get the league tokens

It looks like you logged in early, matches scheduled to start 10 AM Pacific Daylight Time. You can find match start times in your local time zone available directly on OverwatchLeague.com:

1 Like

Thank you,ive seen them before but only got 15 tokens cuz of how busy i was, will the free tokens come back? I cant buy any to get atleast 1 owl skin and i only have the old matches to watch, not the new ones on live

Yes, this promotion will remain valid throughout the remainder of the season. But you can only earn tokens from watching live broadcasts.

1 Like

hello ive watched the overwatch league live for a total of atleast 13 hrs and havnt earned a single token

2 Likes

I have watched 8 hours of overwatch league, the majority being 2 days ago, and have yet to receive my tokens. I set up my account according to the instructions and the exact same way as my friend who has already received 70 tokens. I even have the phrase “You are logged in to receive viewership rewards.” I did some research to find possible solutions and none of them worked. I would like my tokens so send help xD.

1 Like