Not Receiving OWL Tokens

Having the same problem as you. Connecter to PS4, site told me I’m logged in, disabled adblock, site not muted. Nothing…

Today, I even erased everything from my browser including cookies, so if that doesn’t work then what’s the point of myself even watching?

1 Like

Ever since they started to bring back getting tokens from watching games, I started to watch the whole stream and when I play Overwatch, my number of tokens remains the same.

I’m not sure what’s wrong since I’m logged in and the site said that I’m able to get tokens, but the 90 tokens I should have received didn’t came and I’m real pissed off about it.

Here’s my info:

Hardware: PS4
Platform: Windows 10 (HP Envy)
Web Browser: Google Chrome (I had adblock off)

First time, I watched it normal, but no luck. Then on the 2nd day, I turned off adblock this time and I double check that my connections are on for Playstation Network and that I’m logged in this time, but I’m still having issues.

Today, I erased my entire history from pages and cookies(Which I have to login from sites again…) in order to delete any cookies that might be blocking me from getting points and I’m watching it now. Also, I’m not muted since I clicked on the tab and it said the option to “Mute Site” meaning I’m unmuted.

I’m not sure what’s wrong, but for myself this is my last time watching. If I still don’t get any points, I’m 100% done for season 3. I swear, their biggest mistake was dropping Twitch for Youtube, that’s for sure.

1 Like

So after 2 days trying to fix this issue, i can say that solution is using “live” page instead of main page of the site. or android phone or emulator. getting tokens from both - live page and app on android emulator. watching on main page is not working for me

1 Like

I received tokens the first day, then that night I did not receive any tokens when watching more. Yesterday I received more tokens while watching during the day. Today, no tokens. My wife is using her computer and watching the same matches, same pages, same times - and has received tokens for all times watched. She has 30 additional tokens over me, for having the same pages up during all the same times.

I’m logged in correctly, watching the live stream. And I did receive some tokens, just not all. It’s not clear to me, who do we contact to get our tokens when this happens? Why is there no counter on your screen telling you how much time you’ve watched and how many tokens are earned so far? Seems like simple tracking that’s just not implemented.

2 Likes

I have done just about everything that is recommended in the overwatch league tokens trouble shooting guide, I’m on an account registered with a participating country I have no ad blocker I’m watching it in overwatch league website my notifications for the website are turned on and I’ve been watching for hours and I still haven’t got any tokens. Some one help pls.

1 Like

To confirm, are you referring to my guide that is pinned in the general discussion forums?

If so, can you please let me know your specific details? Browser, device, details of the steps you have completed.

Thank you for replying, the only step given in the guide that i have not done that applies to me is 6. clearing cookies or cache files, other than that i am using chrome and i am on my computer.

Okay please try doing that. Also you might check the chrome’s permissions to make sure the browser adblocker is set to allow for OverwatchLeague.com (this I am still testing to see if it is truly effective).

1. Click the “:lock: Secure” icon next to the URL and then click Site Settings
  2. Switch the Ads option from Block to Allow.

I cleared my cache and cookies and it had no immediate effect, and my add status is in allowed not blocked. I am confused on one thing though in that in one of the response that you made on the general forum for people with similar issues you mention a “permissions profile” in my blizzard account settings but i cant find anything called that and it seems important and may be what i have got wrong so if you could direct me to finding that it would be great.

No problem, I was under the impression you already did this.

1. Go to https://account.blizzard.com/connections#authorized-applications and look for the listing “Overwatch League Page” in your authorized applications list.
  2. If it is there, click Revoke Access to remove it.
  3. Return to OverwatchLeague.com and do a hard refresh of the page (Press Ctrl+F5).
  4. When reloaded, sign back in and when you are prompted for permissions to the site, select to enable all three permissions for the site.

When completed try watching another hour on OverwatchLeague.com (there is one more match this morning and more matches later in the afternoon).

ok well i did this and watched another hour and still nothing is there anything left for me to try?

Has anyone reported that watching from the "Live Now’ banner and not the website’s main page is the one that allows the tokens to be built up?
Watching the APAC final on this page with the bigger viewer just added 5 tokens to my PS4, I don’t know whether this is a coincedence from watching my first matches days ago or maybe all the little permission changes has helped but it’s so hard to tell.

I have been tracking this report, though I have been watching from the Home Page and been getting tokens just fine.

Maybe it’s just the delay then as it’s been nearly two days, swapping to the other viewer just made me think that might be the fix though I have done a couple of other steps you recommended. It makes sense that the main page would work without a hitch as well but it’s hard to tell right now.

Thank You for trying to keep up with everyones’ concerns and offering support :slight_smile: , I hope that delays are the issue and everyone gets something soon enough.

was earning them now all of a sudden im not

I’d try the “Live Now” viewer for Florida v Philly which is on the site now, I started getting tokens watching this one compared to the main site even though people are disputing this.
I even cleared site cookies before refreshing just to be sure but the incocsistencies with what does and doesn’t work for different people isn’t helping to find any definitive solutions so far.

1 Like

I’m not sure what triggers it. Friday, it wasn’t giving tokens. Saturday, it was giving tokens. Today, it’s not. So I’m not sure what I did that triggered them yesterday, as I’m positive I’m doing the same things today.

I’m gonna watch the rest of this evening on the Live viewer and check any progress later, the inconsistency of what works and what doesn’t is making it all the more frustrating when you’re not sure if there are tiny technical things stopping progress even know it worked previously.

I’ve received only 5 tokens, but that’s beacuse I’ve watching the stream for one hour in the mobile phone, that’s the only device where I receive the tokens. But I would really like to see the OWL in the PC, and I hope I receive all the tokens that were not given to me while I was watching the OWL in the PC. I’ve tried in Google Chrome and Firefox and no tokens were given to me

I haven’t received any tokens today. Yesterday was fine.