Not Receiving OWL Tokens

For me, it only gives me OWL Tokens when I watch the stream in the mobile phone app, neither in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge

Add my name to the list of the tokenless. :frowning:

Tried both Chrome and Edge browsers (PC, not mobile). Tried everything in the troubleshooting thread. Also tried removing all permissions, logged back in, agreed to all permissions again… no effect.

Non sequitur: Even if it worked, the MVP mentioned that we can’t mute the page if using Chrome. I find that quite annoying. We all have occasions that we need to mute stuff, especially during 2+ hour streams and we need to use our computer audio for something else for a while. And, maybe it’s just me, but I like watching OWL without announcers.

Same here, i’ve watched almost all of the matches in the home page yesterday and not a single token. Today i tried this and i’ve received the first 5 tokens.

1 Like

Not received anything this evening, but was fine earlier for the APAC matches and last night.

Where are you seeing the “live” page? What title at the top or set of buttons do I have to hit to get there?

Hey, I think this might have done the trick. I got my first five tokens. Thanks!

1 Like

I can also say I got 5 tokens tonight by watching the “Live Now” viewer, very quickly too. It seems to be only logging view hours for some viewers using this video instead of the live page which has been disputed by other people saying the main page is doing fine :thinking:

Edit: And now 5 more in the BQB interview segment, I started watching the entire Florida/Philly match on the Live viewer so for me, this seems to be logging the hours and not the main page personally.

1 Like

I was receiving tokens through watching on the OW League app. I had not gotten any from the app today. I posted that I got 5 yesterday using data and had received an additional five using my WiFi. I tried again today, got 5 for my first hour but every hour after I received nothing, although nothing had changed at all after the first hour.

Again, I enjoy the content and would watch this even without the tokens but only being able to check once an hour and not receiving something is frustrating. I have done every fix that has been listed with none of the fixes working. Only the app worked and even still I only received credit for 3 hours

One weekend, 4 drops so far equating to 4 hours watched which is definately not right. I too don’t need the tokens but for those who would like to earn them for their favourite teams and enjoy the OWL content at the same time.
I’d hope they take the concerns from this weekend and find solutions to simplify the process as much as possible but I think taking the token system away to find a fix will upset a lot of people and trying to fix it on the fly while keeping it going will result in more complaints with how inconsistent it has been.

I commend them for trying in these difficult times and having something ready for this tournament but I hope it improves for a lot of people who had to make so many changes and trust so many people just to ensure they’re getting something at all.

Just so it’s clear what DDBangerz means: go to overwatchleague.com, sign in, and click here to be taken to a different page. Going there got me tokens, viewing it straight from overwatchleague.com/en-us got me nada. The correct url will be something like Florida Mayhem vs. San Francisco Shock - Match Detail | The Overwatch League.

owl-click-here

3 Likes

I was watching OWL on the Overwatch League website yesterday on my PC and got tokens. Today I was watching it on mobile and didn’t get any tokens. Kind of annoying, lost out on 15-20 tokens because of that.

Yes, and apparently it closes on the Pre-show, breaks, post-match interviews and I’m guessing the post-show as well.

As soon as the next bar is made available for SF and Mayhem, I’d click on it and make sure you’re still logged in, fingers crossed this is helping more people make some progress and maybe those who could change things can see what’s working and make it easier for people to understand how to do it right without having to do anything drastic to their security settings or profiles to ensure it’s actually working.

1 Like

Hey everyone, sorry for not posting a lot today, but I have matters outside of Overwatch to attend to. I have been tracking this thread carefully, and as you can see many other large threads have been consolidated into this one. The information has been helpful and hopefully will help Blizzard resolve some of these issues next weekend.

3 Likes

Hope everything is okay with you and I hope all of the info will be helpful as it seems to be working for some who are watching on PCs. Your willingness to provide as many fixes for these issues is greatly appreciated and has probably helped more than you realise, myself included.

I’m going to continue to follow my system as it seems to be yealding results quickly and hopefully it works for a lot more people too :slightly_smiling_face:

As of now, the finals “Live” bar will be ready in less than 3 minutes, getting ready to refresh, click the link as shown by Potatoad above and this should be a good game if it’s even as half as exciting as the APAC finals.

It’s live now with match in progress, I don’t think it goes live with the pre-match caster talk and there’s a slight delay, watch it from “Live Now” while you can, I don’t think it will log hours after this match is over, good luck on getting drops.

I’m getting tokens now that I’m on the PC instead. Guess I’ll be watching from there from now on.

Will more countries be added this season?
This is so unfair for us who cannot get any.
At least they could have done something else in our case.

ive been watching 6 hours friday, 6 hours saturday, 3 hours sunday I have gotten 20 tokens

Just a heads up i tried everything recommended and now all of a sudden i am receiving token by watching from the live section not just the main homepage of overwatch league website.