Nobody cares about the Overwatch League!

lol why you posting your opinion like it’s fact, OP?

Per Jeff Kaplan^

1 Like

The game is fine and many people are interested in OWL.

It seems like all you do is make wildly inaccurate posts to try and stir people up.

Agree. It is not like we don’t want an esport. It is just that all the focus is on the esport when the game is in terrible state for everyone who is playing.

I agree. First and foremost I pay for games to play, not to watch someone else playing them and it sucks that we are getting less and less content every year because the dev team seems to be more focused on the OWL. The game will be 3 years old soon and story wise we haven’t gotten more than 2 episodes. The events also feel recycled and repetitive… I fully believe that Blizzard can do better than that and it’s definitely not a problem of resources since they made so much money selling this game and even more from lootboxes in past years.

I play casually and for fun. I don’t care a damn about the OWL or any eSports. I’d like to see actual content, real content, put into the game. What glitz and glamour they add to the OWL doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

So, the wife and I stopped spending money on Overwatch. Not a dime for lootboxes or merch or any of it. Why bother, when the game really only gets 3 heroes, 3 maps, and some skins and other cosmetics anymore?

And considering Overwatch remained absolutely flat last quarter as per their financial report, I’d wager we aren’t the only two no longer spending on it.

1 Like

Thats why owl has 1.2 million followers, and gets 100,000+ viewers every time they stream
but go off i guess

1 Like

I care about the League. It’s a fun watch, and I can learn from it too.

(Silence then Voice from the back) - “I care about OWL!”…

They already made their money back selling team franchises to idiots. There is no way the viewership justifies the prices but Actibliz have succeeded. At this point the business side doesn’t care about the game and the balance team is happy chugging along working from their data charts rather than playing and watching their own game.

I care? I guess I’m in the minority/

Speak for yourself, I care about OWL.

If being a million/billionaire means being an idiot, where do I sign up?

Yeah, I can’t see how high level league play is even fun. It seems like it’s just Genji, Hanzo, and Dva mains competing on who can choose their main hero first.

I cared about OWL for like 1 hour of the first stream. After that, it was boring as hell. I don’t know what is so fun about watching Mirror Matches over and over again.

Oh I’m SO grateful the developers put the time, effort, care and attention towards looking at someone playing the game, instead of making the game playable and fun for all.

What base does the OWL have anyway of viewers when a lot of people just turn the back on the game because they have no interest in playing it anyway due to the state of it? Lets just face it, the developers have put way too much care towards E-Sports and forgotten about the casual playerbase, and that will come back to haunt them.

1 Like

I care about the league :slight_smile:

Has any data been released which quantifies the amount of resources allocated away from the game and toward OWL? I don’t see why both can’t be done in parallel. Even better if they hired dedicated headcount to support OWL.

Looks like OP made this post out of frustration more than anything. If you really think OWL is slowing down bugfixes and such, then provide the relevant data.

I dunno, “playable and fun” is subjective, so I don’t see how this is practical.

I’m all for bugfixes so that the game is more “playable”. But that alone won’t bring “fun for all” when certain character designs are in the game. Plus for every winner there’s a loser.

What I’m talking about is the dismal state of QP and competitive, which have been a sore point for players for over 2 years now. There have been topics upon topics upon topics around those 2 modes, and they are a rather substantial part of Overwatch so one should think that Blizzard would put more effort into making sure those modes are good.

1 Like

I think the main thing they need to do is have more of an active standpoint and be more reactive in their changes

use the ptr to test possible changes very often instead of what they do (even crazy changes - just get the players involved)

there should be more listening to the community, but the community needs to provide actually helpful feedback

2 Likes

Yea, there is definitely some hidden gems around here that should definitely be considered, if not outright implemented.

I’m just saying, they shouldn’t go on a system of “community says it, so we should do it, no questions asked”.