Nobody cares about the Overwatch League!

Nobody cares about the league unless you fix your broken game!!! Everything Overwatch is dying! Maybe if they listened to the community as regards their game and made changes people would maybe like the league. You need interest in the game to have interest in the league.

When the game is broken nobody wants to hear about the league or new skins for league etc. Fix your game!! RIP Overwatch.

71 Likes

Overwatch is NOT even close to dying first of all. Secondly, the ow team have spent a lot of time time and effort to make the owl and itā€™s really a place to get hyped, interact with the community, and enjoy the game even more. Letā€™s be grateful for what we have and not spread negativity thanks

31 Likes

People do care about OWL, but yeah the game will have a slow death if they donā€™t do something after this dissappointing Year.

54 Likes

Well, Iā€™m genuinely concerned. Very concerned.

But I think they can give it about 2 weeks of Stage 1, see if these magical anti-GOATs comps arenā€™t just cheese.

But then yeah, the options get really limited at that point. Only thing I can come up with is limiting the maximum Healers per team to 2, as a Tournament rule. Enforced by slightly altering the Hero Select screen.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/06/10/esports-is-already-nearing-1-billion-in-revenue-fo.aspx
2 Likes

Plenty of people like the League. Just because you donā€™t doesnā€™t mean no one does.

Bad idea when 99% of the feedback is salt fueled bias.

27 Likes

Wow, I was guessing it was only a quarter billion.

But almost all that money is from team franchise ownership. And these investors expect a return on investment.

I love the OWL and watched it all the time last season. I plan to watch it a lot this season, too!

12 Likes

The game wasnā€™t ready for owl.

They needed to take more time to balance the game and give more content out.

Instead they rushed it, the game is lacking on almost every front now.

The lack of content or anything substantial is
Astounding.

Owl can be fun at times, but everytime i see it, I just think of resources that should have been put into the game.

33 Likes

I think thereā€™s a certain amount of learning by doing.

And being able to stream OWL on that OWWC viewer, will allow for tons of different Casters to cover the same game in Twitch/YouTube.

As for balance, I figure, just limit Healers to 2max per team. (At least for OWL). Do some minor buffs to Doom. And maybe tone down the cheese of McRightClick.

2 Likes

well youā€™re like, wrong, man

5 Likes

They should be cranking out more maps at the very least. And we definitely should have seen a new gameplay mode for Comp/QP, itā€™s been over two years since a new game mode was introduced.

They said they were focusing their effort and time on balancing and fine tuning the game, but their balancing and tuning rate has been the same, it hasnā€™t come any faster.

6 Likes

I can agree with that sentiment.

I like balance changes more than most people. But I love me some maps.

2 Likes

Some people do care about the OWL. However, it does contribute to the weird split playerbase style (i.e. casuals and competitive). Plus the game is still pretty rough; low content drops, slow balance tweaks (plus lack of any sort of proper beta-version feedback for patches and some weird decisions), repetitive seasonal events for year 3, no decent year-long PvE modeā€¦

2 Likes

I actually do, it has a lot of valuable data that shows the state of the current hero balance.

And this fool loves himself some juicy data.

2 Likes

I love OWL, itā€™s fun to talk about meta and see the level of strategy that happens in high level play.

Please donā€™t speak for other people, we all prefer different things.

5 Likes

I care pepehands! :frowning:

3 Likes

A small portion of people do enjoy OWL. Itā€™s a very very small part of the over all OW player base but it still brings in more money than what the non-OWL fans bring in.

OWL is the financial future of the game. Actiblizzion has already dug their hole, if it dies the game goes with it.

Luckily OWL is actually very entertaining, you havenā€™t lived if you havenā€™t screamed at the top of your lungs with a ton of drunk people in a sports bar when a halt hook drags someone over an Orisa shield into the Ilios well.

2 Likes

ā€œNobody cares about the overwatch leagueā€

Screams the one person to an entire crowd of ppl watching the games

2 Likes