Nobody cares about the Overwatch League!

I can say one example of what could happen to OW if they push OWL too hard:

LoL is the dominant MOBA game with competetive spirit and Esport.

HOTS is a MOBA with casual spirit and with an Esport whats view rate was very low. HOTS cancelled the Esports and diverted its developers to other games.

If OWL has very low view rate as well and the only motivation is to watch for tokens instead of the matches themselves then there is what could happen.

Not all of it is unjustified. Ignoring people, salty or not is the way to kill your game. Not immediately, but it’s steadily working it’s way there

2 Likes

I guess those longer queue times are just a figment of my imagination then.

1 Like

Overwatch league is an example of how not to run your esports scene. Why should we be grateful for something that’s proven itself to repeatedly negatively impact the actual game?

4 Likes

I dunno, i’m looking forward to seeing if the pros abuse or ignore Ashe and Hammond completely, other than that yeah i guess i don’t really care.

Yeah, surely seeing Overwatch played by professionals, bringing in all this attention and new players would give them more ideas to fix/improve the game? I don’t know if I’m being naive but I can’t see how OWL is bad for the game.

True, the game could be better balanced but it is not broken. It is still a very fun game. The game doesn’t have to be perfect to be fun to play. I personally don’t find OWL very addicting to watch but there are certainly no shortage of fans. I don’t feel that the game is dying at all.

1 Like

People cryed about to much cc in game= nerf to doomfist and brig, heroes who was using cc a lot, one was created base on cc.
They lisnen.

1 Like

And Brig was given to us because folks complained about mobility ruining the game, and needed a counter. I agree, the devs are listening. Whether that’s been good or bad idea for them to do, given where it’s led the game, that I’m not so certain of.

1 Like

Welp, its hard to chose for them what change to make base on players, because there are many of differend opinions. So of course some changes gona make some people angry no matter what they are.
The only problem i see when someone complain about to much cc and play doomfist himself, saw one person like that and still cant get that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the league. What I absolutely despise is that quite often they are not playing the same game I am (quite literally on different patch). It feels too clean.

Don’t tell me you don‘t like watching the same heroes beating the crap out of each other and stalling the point forever. It’s sooo entertaining…

Why does the OWL get views then?

Brigitte was added because the community wanted a support that is less vulnerable, and something against dive.
Ashe was added because the community wanted a skill-based dps.

They try you know. They might fail, and they might not be as fast as you’d like, but I think it’s unfair to accuse them all of not listening.

1 Like

I care about the league (but I’m also a nobody so that might explain the title)

Idk if people know’s this but last year in 2017. Blizzard had a meeting that they had a plan to save money for the upcoming next year.

In that regards they are trying to save money, that’s why they haven’t been pushing out so much content for Overwatch like we wanted to. Then I mean like New heroes, new game mode varieties during events, maps etc etc.

I can imagine next year might be the great year we all have been waiting for, people need to be patient. All good things will come to the person who is patient.

Now saying that nobody cares about OWL. You are wrong.

1. Myself I love the OWL, it’s a great way to improve on the game, to get better, find new meta(s), find interesting plays that the Pro’s does that we ladder players don’t do!.

2. I feel personally that the OWL is target a lot for the competitive players but is also good for the casual player who loves to watch top players compete against each other.

3. The League is a big investement that blizz did to make more money and bring in more players to the Overwatch. (At least what I feel like) And a way to let us as the players to see the best of the best play with each other.

The game ain’t broken I can tell you that much, yes the game have bugs and glitches are that are outrages annoying, that can be game breaking for many people. Like the bug we had on blizz world that got fixed now I belive.

A lot of the comments on the forums are straight up crying over changes that are not “good” seem’d as good to people.
A lot of people who are crying over the changes are crying because their main that they only can play got nerfed so hard to the ground you know.

Most of the changes and the balances that came through was from people crying about a hero being too overpowered and when they got their will they will make someone else sad but making them self happy.

-Yosho

They must be as I haven’t had longer than a couple minutes to cue for a game in months.

Usually it dips the worst during the summer or holiday months, when people have better things to do.

Exactly, people cried about dive being super dominant, they got their wish… But because of that Wish an another meta that most people hate raised from the ashes.

Saying “Nobody” makes it seem you are talking for everyone, I happen to enjoy it, just because YOU don’t like it doesn’t mean NOBODY likes it or cares about it…use your brain, also if you aren’t enjoying the game then quit and stop coming to their forums…BadGamer fits.

How are they supposed to respond or take on feedback if it’s structured like this.

You’ve made a post to rant that you are unhappy with the state of the game but give no actual indicator as to what you think or believe is wrong with the game.

For all we know you could be talking about a bug that you keep having, maybe you are experiencing undesirable framerates? maybe you are unhappy with the meta? maybe you think there is an issue in the matchmaking? maybe you are complaining about the recent nerfs to Doomfist or Brig? maybe something else?

How does anyone expect to see positive adjustments to the game if they just come on and rant without even mentioning what they believe is the problem??

The devs have always been listening to the forums, sometimes they have to make tough calls about what actually gets put in or changed.

Sure sometimes they miss feedback but think about it, it’s threads like this that are directly responsible.

They only have so many hours in a day, how are the devs supposed to get the feedback from the community when they come to the forums to read rants by players who don’t even mention any issues??