Nobody cares about the Overwatch League!

There are a lot of people that likes and love the League.
That also includes me.

Same thing with The International or Summit. I play to see the pros rekt each other in a competitive setups, and also for the LULs.

It may not be “dying” but it is for sure stagnating, playerbase is going down and the amount of rage on the forums is going up. Your never going to please everyone but when you balance with a sledgehammer your guaranteed to piss a lot of people off.

1 Like

well. here’s a constructive thread :roll_eyes:

Only thing OWL is useful for is to analize the heros strenght in a perfect scenario

You know, No lag, an actual team, etc

It’s incredible how you can put clear and definitive evidence that something is one way, and some will still try to argue against it somehow…

I care! But surely is boring too see Goats vs Goats every game (I already drop contenders). I hope next year we can have more than 1 mandatory composition, and no more mirror games.

I’m confused if you are disagreeing or agreeing with me.

But this is from the article:

“So far, the bulk of revenue that Activision has generated from the league is from selling team ownership to entrepreneurs in major cities around the world.”

You need to keep reading. The OWL has been a big success, and it is reflected mostly in the amount of new teams joining for next season which were even more expensive to pay than in season one. People want to invest hundreds of millions of dollars on the OWL because it is successful, it’s just common sense.

They invested. And that’s genuinely fantastic.

But that could turn really bad really fast if we can’t figure a way to make it so that these investors, can receive a return on their investment.

They already are, I repeat, keep on reading. The OWL is making tons of money, that is literally the reason they want to invest on it, because they know its making them money, and the people who investes in season one stayed because its making them money, I don’t know why is it so hard to accept or understand.

1 Like

An average game got 80k-120k viewers
stage finals regularly hit 200k
grand finals had 300k on Twitch, and various articles say it averaged 860k total with an viewership of 10.8 million globally (not sure how inaccurate chinese numbers affected those, but you still see a pretty big number).
Clearly not no one.

I do agree that Overwatch is dying but you should just give us a constructive criticism.

You should say is what would you change in the game to save it

1 Like
  1. The game is not dieing
  2. Many care about OWL

Get your facts together

2 Likes

what they expect is their own problem.

they made the decision and put in all the money, investors all over the world lose money every day because of stupid decisions.

But at least 0.1% of it is asking to let McCree roll mid air or giving Sombra’s hack more visual clarity on enemy models. Is that really so game breaking?

Can OWL have it’s own patch and let us enjoy are game.

I expect OWL viewership to go up tbh. The camera work, for lack of a better word, will be run by the OWWC team that did far better than any of the viewing in OWL S1. More teams need bigger fanbases. And they’ve actually catered the schedule to help EU fans watch the EU teams without staying up til ungodly hours.

1 Like

Sometimes I love the OWL when the matches doesn’t sucks for the EU viewers, near midnight or more when it’s start plus chatting and break time. But I will watch it with OWWC for sure.

I do. So you’re wrong. Don’t speak for the community thanks.

Also because a lot of the community sees the league as one of the main reasons we are in a content drought. It will be hated this time a lot more for sure. I suspect that we will see a great decline in viewership and support.

3 Likes