Nobody cares about the Overwatch League!

Idk if people know’s this but last year in 2017. Blizzard had a meeting that they had a plan to save money for the upcoming next year.

In that regards they are trying to save money, that’s why they haven’t been pushing out so much content for Overwatch like we wanted to. Then I mean like New heroes, new game mode varieties during events, maps etc etc.

I can imagine next year might be the great year we all have been waiting for, people need to be patient. All good things will come to the person who is patient.

Now saying that nobody cares about OWL. You are wrong.

1. Myself I love the OWL, it’s a great way to improve on the game, to get better, find new meta(s), find interesting plays that the Pro’s does that we ladder players don’t do!.

2. I feel personally that the OWL is target a lot for the competitive players but is also good for the casual player who loves to watch top players compete against each other.

3. The League is a big investement that blizz did to make more money and bring in more players to the Overwatch. (At least what I feel like) And a way to let us as the players to see the best of the best play with each other.

The game ain’t broken I can tell you that much, yes the game have bugs and glitches are that are outrages annoying, that can be game breaking for many people. Like the bug we had on blizz world that got fixed now I belive.

A lot of the comments on the forums are straight up crying over changes that are not “good” seem’d as good to people.
A lot of people who are crying over the changes are crying because their main that they only can play got nerfed so hard to the ground you know.

Most of the changes and the balances that came through was from people crying about a hero being too overpowered and when they got their will they will make someone else sad but making them self happy.

-Yosho

They must be as I haven’t had longer than a couple minutes to cue for a game in months.

Usually it dips the worst during the summer or holiday months, when people have better things to do.

Exactly, people cried about dive being super dominant, they got their wish… But because of that Wish an another meta that most people hate raised from the ashes.

Saying “Nobody” makes it seem you are talking for everyone, I happen to enjoy it, just because YOU don’t like it doesn’t mean NOBODY likes it or cares about it…use your brain, also if you aren’t enjoying the game then quit and stop coming to their forums…BadGamer fits.

How are they supposed to respond or take on feedback if it’s structured like this.

You’ve made a post to rant that you are unhappy with the state of the game but give no actual indicator as to what you think or believe is wrong with the game.

For all we know you could be talking about a bug that you keep having, maybe you are experiencing undesirable framerates? maybe you are unhappy with the meta? maybe you think there is an issue in the matchmaking? maybe you are complaining about the recent nerfs to Doomfist or Brig? maybe something else?

How does anyone expect to see positive adjustments to the game if they just come on and rant without even mentioning what they believe is the problem??

The devs have always been listening to the forums, sometimes they have to make tough calls about what actually gets put in or changed.

Sure sometimes they miss feedback but think about it, it’s threads like this that are directly responsible.

They only have so many hours in a day, how are the devs supposed to get the feedback from the community when they come to the forums to read rants by players who don’t even mention any issues??

lol why you posting your opinion like it’s fact, OP?

Per Jeff Kaplan^

1 Like

The game is fine and many people are interested in OWL.

It seems like all you do is make wildly inaccurate posts to try and stir people up.

Agree. It is not like we don’t want an esport. It is just that all the focus is on the esport when the game is in terrible state for everyone who is playing.

I agree. First and foremost I pay for games to play, not to watch someone else playing them and it sucks that we are getting less and less content every year because the dev team seems to be more focused on the OWL. The game will be 3 years old soon and story wise we haven’t gotten more than 2 episodes. The events also feel recycled and repetitive… I fully believe that Blizzard can do better than that and it’s definitely not a problem of resources since they made so much money selling this game and even more from lootboxes in past years.

I play casually and for fun. I don’t care a damn about the OWL or any eSports. I’d like to see actual content, real content, put into the game. What glitz and glamour they add to the OWL doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

So, the wife and I stopped spending money on Overwatch. Not a dime for lootboxes or merch or any of it. Why bother, when the game really only gets 3 heroes, 3 maps, and some skins and other cosmetics anymore?

And considering Overwatch remained absolutely flat last quarter as per their financial report, I’d wager we aren’t the only two no longer spending on it.

1 Like

Thats why owl has 1.2 million followers, and gets 100,000+ viewers every time they stream
but go off i guess

1 Like

I care about the League. It’s a fun watch, and I can learn from it too.

(Silence then Voice from the back) - “I care about OWL!”…

They already made their money back selling team franchises to idiots. There is no way the viewership justifies the prices but Actibliz have succeeded. At this point the business side doesn’t care about the game and the balance team is happy chugging along working from their data charts rather than playing and watching their own game.

I care? I guess I’m in the minority/

Speak for yourself, I care about OWL.

If being a million/billionaire means being an idiot, where do I sign up?

Yeah, I can’t see how high level league play is even fun. It seems like it’s just Genji, Hanzo, and Dva mains competing on who can choose their main hero first.

I cared about OWL for like 1 hour of the first stream. After that, it was boring as hell. I don’t know what is so fun about watching Mirror Matches over and over again.

Oh I’m SO grateful the developers put the time, effort, care and attention towards looking at someone playing the game, instead of making the game playable and fun for all.

What base does the OWL have anyway of viewers when a lot of people just turn the back on the game because they have no interest in playing it anyway due to the state of it? Lets just face it, the developers have put way too much care towards E-Sports and forgotten about the casual playerbase, and that will come back to haunt them.

1 Like