No SR gain after win

I won a game in Overwatch competitive after it said “Victory”. I left just after play of the game. My SR before the game was 2996 and the same after the game. Is this a glitch or do you not earn SR if they think you did not deserve it? I really want this SR because I am currently platinum SR and got so close to achieving diamond again. Gamertag - xxPROGENJI69xx9

5 Likes

I have the same exact issue. I don’t think it is because you don’t deserve it because not telling the player that you can’t gain SR just seems absurd. I’ve missed out on probably 100 SR because of this.

This happened to me twice in a day, it was after a match were one of my teammates left, then I won the next match and didn’t have the SR points, so -50SR because of the leavers and -50SR cos of this bug.

This just happend to my 4 people premade group. None of us gained any SR from a win. WTF!

1 Like

This is happening with a lot of people. I had the same thought. Did a play bad that not even win 1 SR?.
But is some kind of bug. The GMs said that the SRs wont be counted, feelsbadson.

I guess it’s never play ranked on patch day!

2 Likes

agreed. losing so much SR but not gaining any on victories. not playing any more comp today…

3 Likes

Also no SR gained only lose SR

2 Likes

Same thing happened here!. Three wins this morning after the patch update, gained 9 SR in total. Got one loss and lost 22 SR, thanks Overwatch!. Won’t be playing Comp until they take care of this, because I seriously doubt I’ll be getting back the lost SR!.

1 Like

No, you won’t be gaining any lost SR. I opened a bug the last time this happened to me with the prior patch. This was their response.

"I understand that you won a match in Overwatch and did not gain any Skill Ranking. I know that you have been working hard to increase your SR and wanted to make sure that this was working properly.

When it comes to seeing your skill rank, we are unable to view what your point totals were before and after an Overwatch match. Nor can we verify if any points have been lost or if points were not correctly granted. As such, we do not have the ability to adjust or provide points back. While this wont change your current SR, we ask that you submit a bug report to report this to our developers."

Sorry, this just happened to me again yesterday as well. As a prior poster stated in this thread. Probably not a good idea to play comp on patch day.

1 Like

They already know about this issue and bill (an overwatch dev) said to try scan and repair.

1 Like

Thanks MrAmazing79 and Bill. This solved the problem for me, scan and repair did the trick. Won the 1st game after the repair and got the usual SR gain.

am doing this now!! has it worked for anyone else? will update when I try it for myself!

Just had this happen to me! what a load of bs about them being unable to determine SR prior and post game… they’d have logs of everything.

1 Like

23rd december 2018, and this lovely bug is still in the game. Didin`t gain sr after my last win in competetive, great game.

Just had the same thing. I googled it and this post came up lol.

Same just now
-7characters-

Yeah same here when is blizzard going to fix it i have had it twice in one month about.

I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing this again lately. It happened to me twice. The first time, I was unsure but today I started with 2375, won (2403), lost (back to 2375) and then won again (should have been 2400 at least) but I’m 2377. Is the bug back for some reason? Please help :frowning: Really upset about this.

Won a match today, but my SR stayed the same. Anyone else experience this nowday?