No hero should be able to oneshot with primary

You are just going in circles now.
Yes primary fire means the main way you fire.
In Overwatch primary fire is a hero’s ability.
Every heros primary fire is different and is their own ability.
Like it or not that’s how it is.
And again, Widow cannot one shot just by clicking her primary because if she holds down her primary she shoots her crap SMG.

1 Like

You’re trying to argue that primary fires and abilities are the same thing. I dont care about that.

Primary fire and abilities with cooldowns are different. Nobody should be able to just use primary fire and 1 shot people.

I’m not trying to argue anyting.
Blizzard themselves are saying what I’m telling you.
This is not my personal opinion like the one you seem to have.

And once again I already explained that Widow cannot one shot with her primary fire.
Go into a game ,hold down widow’s primary fire and you’ll have her shooting her lame SMG.
Record a video of you one shotting a full health enemy with her SMG. I want to see it.

The only way Widow can 1 shot is if she does the following things.

1. Hold down right click and zoom in with her rifle scope, while also charging up your shot enough to be able to kill a 300hp or lower hero. (With a headshot ONLY)
  2. Make sure you get a headshot on a 300 HP or lower hero. A body shot won’t one shot anyone in Overwatch. So you have to get a headshot on only certain Heroes to be able to one shot.
1 Like

Dude, join the conversation and stop being pedantic about words.

In this context:

[Primary fire] = 1 shots on primary weapon while zoomed. Charge up is part of that. This is base gun functionality.

Those things are not an ability with a cooldown.

Primary fire should not 1 shot.

Discuss.

You are talking about a widow right? LEARN TO ADAPT AND PICK WINSTON ALREADY.

Winston isnt a widow counter.

Not really… As a Widow main Im amazing at that game mode.

I already did.
But he has more health, more mobility, and bigger hitboxes.

Fire rate and movement speed for example.
If you get more chances to fire while being harder to hit, you can have pretty big advantages.

1 Like

I take much more offence to doomfist then any of the snipers.

1 Like

You are ignoring facts just to try to prove your point.
Widow needs to use her primary fire AND alternate fire and a combination of other things in order to one shot certain Heroes.
She cannot one shot with only her primary fire.
You trying to move the goalposts won’t make your argument any more correct.

The only hero that can one shot with their primary fire I think is Reaper on a tracer if he is right next to Tracer and most of the shotgun bullets hit her head.
That is the only situation where what is being discussed in the opening post applies.

And in that case I don’t think Reaper deserves a Nerf. I think he actually needs buffs.

3 years now. 3 years this has been a mechanic. It’s perfectly acceptable.

Yes he is, 100%

Sure, you could get some minor knowledge about how to hide behind walls, but the rest is irrelevant. World of Warcraft is FAR more relevant. Overwatch has DPS, shields and healers. They removed all the 1 shots from WOW because they were oppressive and annoying.

If I have more chances to fire and I need to hit 2 shots in a row, but the widow needs to hit 1, I need to be more skillful to win. If the widow hides after my first shot, i cant kill her. If i hide after the first shot, it’ll be in respawn.

Again, ask your team to switch to dive if the widow is making you lose. or ask the tank if he can switch to winston to counter the widow. In this game you need to switch to different hero’s allot in 1 round. But people are just not doing this at all. Most of the time.

1 Like

One shots are somewhat hard to balance. They bypass healing so are inherently stronger than any other form of damage in the game.

Also its particularly unenjoyable to walk back from spawn and immediately be sniped. Stand in cover? Sure, but I still need to walk to the objective or catch up with my team.

I’m actually not so fussed but can fully understand why people hate them. I don’t play him so may be wrong but feel Hanzo at least has too much. Mobility moves, close combat burst with storm arrow and one shot from afar? Whats his weakness meant to be? A widow player far better than him?

Regardless I’d take Widow and Hanzo any day of the week over doomfist. But will admit to being biased as an Ana player. Without sleep dart youre almost 100% dead unless they are actually awful. Landing sleep dart just buys a small amount of time. At least Widow and Hanzo have to click the head…

Overwatch is an fps.

So? Saying 1<2 doesn’t tell the whole story, and i already told you why.

1 Like

Why is WoW a mmorpg being compared to an FPS game? WoW isn’t even a MOBA which is what overwatch borrows from.

2 Likes

“Overwatch is an fps.” So? That doesnt mean its like every other FPS. Its more like WOW.

So if 2 shots are the same as 1 shots, then you’d be ok with nerfing widow’s damage, right?

Tanks/healers/dps. Wow has PVP.

Is it a priority though?

nor secondary with 4 sec CD

FK DF