Ninja’s patch to address the game’s hitscan

Ashe

The Viper

• Ammunition decreased from 15 to 12

Baptiste

Biotic Launcher (Secondary)

• Allies receive an additional 10 health when directly hit by a biotic grenade for a total of 60 healing
    • Effect is doubled when passing through the amplification matrix for a total of 120 health for direct impacts

Regenerative Burst

• Healing increased from 30 to 35 health per second
    • 150 to 175 health

Bastion

Ironclad

• Now active when in recon
  • No longer active when deployed as configuration: sentry
    • Still applied during configuration: tank

Configuration: Recon

• Fire rate increased from 8 to 9 rounds per second

D.Va

General

• Health:Armor ratio adjusted from 400:200 to 300:300
    • Total hitpoints remain at a total of 600

Fusion Cannons

• Movement penalty reduced from 50% to 30%

Boosters

• Cooldown increased from 4 to 5 seconds
  • Damage increased from 10 to 30

Mccree

Peacekeeper

• Fire interval increased from .42 to .46 seconds

Roadhog

New Passive: THicc Piggy

• Enemies gain 25% less ultimate gain from damaging you
    • Effect is quadrupled while using Take a Breather

Take a Breather

• Now leaves a cloud that heals allies for 25 health per second and grants 25% damage mitigation

Reaper

Wraith

• Movement bonus increased from 50% to 65%

Soldier 76

Automatic Pulse Rifle

• Damage decreased from 20 to 19 per bullet
  • Maximum spread is reached after 12 rounds, up from 9
  • Ammunition increased from 25 to 30

Sprint

• Automatically reloads pulse rifle after 1.3 seconds

Helix Rockets

• Cooldown increased from 6 to 8 seconds

Tactical Visor

• Can headshot
  • Gain a 1.5x damage multiplier to all barriers and player-owned objects (like turrets, B.O.B. or Mei’s ice wall)

Sombra

Hack

• Fixes a bug that caused disorientation between the line of sight checks

Stealth

• Now has a maximum duration of 8 seconds
  • Movement bonus increased from 50% to 75%

Translocator

• Cooldown reduced from 6 to 4 seconds
  • Reloads Machine pistol upon teleporting
    • Cooldown now begins after teleporting instead of immediately

Tracer

Pulse Bomb

• No longer disappears if the target dies while casting

Widowmaker

General

• Health pool reduced by 30
    • Total hitpoints are now 170

Widow’s Kiss (Scoped)

• Ammunition consumption increased from 3 to 5 per shot

Grappling Hook

• Cooldown decreased from 12 to 9 seconds

Venom Mine

• Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds
  • Damage increased from 15 to 16 damage per second
    • 75 to 80 damage

Wrecking ball

Pile Driver

• Air-stun duration increased from .5 to .7 seconds

With Widow being more of a glass cannon, hitscans can better duel her at long ranges without needing to pick Widowmaker themselves. To my understanding, the primary reason various hitscans were buffed, particularly in the damage role minus Ashe, was not for barriers but actually to compete with Widowmaker as she has been a very strong pick for various reasons throughout the game’s lifetime including her ability to one shot if she can peek around a barrier.

The nerf to her health pool will better allow enemies to engage longer distance pokes while the nerf to her ammo consumption from scoped shots will leave more openings for enemies that try to contest her from longer distances.

The buff to her grappling hook will allow Widowmaker to better position and reposition herself while the venom mine changes will allow her to hold better defense when dived by a single enemy after the health pool reduction

This also reverts some of the damage creep without dumpstering said hero and helps some other heroes that typically struggle.

34 Likes

Really 1st time I can agree with all, wish to have it on live servers.

5 Likes

Everything? :flushed: thanks.

Hopefully, a dev might like a couple of the changes and we’ll see them on an experimental card

These are all really good, and amazingly reasonable. Did you consider nerfing Ashe’s dynamite instead of her ammo count? How do you decide when tactical visor headshots?

11 Likes

for a second, i thought you meant fortnite ninja and i was ready to enjoy the comment section go to flames

18 Likes

Please.

I implore you to stop.

These changes are well done, but don’t stir the pot more than is needed.

3 Likes

I like everything except for the widow buffs

2 Likes

i dunno about this one.

it could do this? this is more of a bug than anything

You can stil aim with visor, just those shots which not goes to head could be considered as autoaimed bodyshots, i think something like that.

It was like that since her release, dynamite damage is fine, it has it cons if you will spamm it you’ll get wrecked by enemy support ultimates and your tanks will get rolled by enemy tanks. I am Ashe main and I think 15 bullets was overbuff consider hipfire buff.

2 Likes

Well thanks

Eh, yes. To me, either could get a small nerf, I just went with the ammunition revert since it would be easier to imagine what returning to a version of Ashe is like instead of a new Ashe with a nerfed dynamite.

You technically can still “aim” during tactical visor. But no matter where you shoot, the damage is the same.

I was just hoping that if he were to be aiming at someone’s head then the already hitscan bullets would count as headshots instead of body shots. But I guess since tact visor is a lock-on, they’d have to redesign the ultimate, possibly to shoot extremely fast projectiles instead of actually hitscan shots to have time to register if the bullet was in the critical zone

You’re probably right.

The sprint reload combined with the ammo and spread change are probably enough to compensate for a damage revert.

Fair

Actually, just giving him 10 extra shells will solve every problem. Nothing else will be needed.

If you really wanted, making helix rocket self knockback behave like concussive blast from Pharah would be enough. I do like my rocket jumps

1 Like

I’ll definitely keep it in mind on my next thread…I typically make new threads instead of editing OP because even if everyone hates a change…I like the feedback to it

1 Like

have couple questionable still, but most of them are reasonable.
I wouldn’t nerf cree’s firerate esp after flashbang nerf he got. Mcrees biggest weakness is his body hitbox which is so tank like in terms of size, he need strong offence as fire rate to compensate that.
And I think dva can become kinda op if she can move faster while shooting but need testing still.
I really wish they revert sombra to her 1.0 version which you’ve described, this hero was more skill based and timing based in before, but I would keep all spread buffs for her.
Especially I like s76 changes, I wish to main this hero, but his ultimate is useless, I can do “aimbot” with bodyshots by myself, why do I have to be discouraged while I pressing “q” =( And after these changes for his ultimate, I can focus harder to aim to head level and I still get 100% accuracy if I miss headshots, they will convert to bodyshots. Also I wish visor would not to have any spread while using it, so you can laser enemies if your aim is at point. These 25 to 30 ammo and reload while sprint changes have been asking for a long time. And still a good compensation nerfs for damage.

1 Like

I actually made this in a custom game before, literally removing any all spread from his weapon, turning it into what looked like a blue beam.

To say the least, it was very powerful and satisfying to hit where I’m aiming instead of gambling with spread

edit: misused an acronym

Sounds like an actual ultimate =).
Nowodays ulting soldier is a joke, I just jigle peek him as Ashe and do 3-4 shots to his body, which is usually enough to outdamage both of his healing station and tac visor damage in a 30-40m distance (ashe fallof starts after 30m in scoped mode vs 76’s 20m), also I still able to double tap him with my 19-21 average crit accuracy.
If they will do this change, 76 will reach at least mcree’s state when his ultimate can kill shields, and you can’t stay behind them during ult anymore or you will die bc of increased damage per player. This treatment could be also used for tac visr imo to decrease ammount of counterplay, esp with buffed dva =)

1 Like

I like the Sombra, Roadhog and D.Va changes a lot good job. Soldier 76 ultimate changes seem really busted though. You could do the same damage as nano visor or more without nano. Soldier 76 Ultimate currently has a problem of not targeting to a player hiding center part of the body. I can for example as a Ana waste Soldiers time by crouching behind small cover only showing my head and he can’t lock to me. If Soldier 76 ult would work the same as for example Torbjörn turret it would be great.

Reaper ultimate change is dumb if you let Reaper stop his ultimate there is no counterplay. With Reaper change you would also let Roadhog, Pharah cancel their ults too or like Rein cancel his charge. It just doesn’t have the same counterplay that it needs.

Ashe reload is really long and irritating, I would rather nerf her dynamite to do less damage or burn effect last shorter amount of time. If a teamfight last longer than 20 seconds, you are 1/3 of the fight just trying to reload.

Baptiste is one of the most played heroes in comp right now and I think that change you did doesn’t help him well at all. I’d rather leave healing numbers be the exact same, but make area of effect of Regenerative Burst be at least 13m instead of old 10m. To not have him always have to be too close to teamfight to heal allies faster

1 Like

Thanks

I see where you’re coming from. The change I’m suggesting would essentially allow him to manually hit someone in the head if he can see it but with the way his ultimate works it would probably require an overhaul.

Although, the dev team has had 4 years to think of a way to address his ultimate. Simply allowing headshots that would have hit anyway would be an interesting start :slight_smile:

Well Pharah is a must lol but this was for hitscan

But as for Hog, I feel like him cancelling his ult would be removing his only vulnerable state. I’m not saying tanks should be vulnerable but it brings killing him to an entirely new difficulty without your entire team’s focus.

But I definitely see where you’re coming from pertaining to Reaper. Reaper right now feels UP against coordinated teams and I want to buff him but I’m not entirely sure how.

Being able to not be totally screwed during death blossom was the only thing I could come up with. Considering he lacks a viable engagement tool as his TP is loud and briefly leaves him vulnerable, getting into a position with his ultimate without wraith is a feat of its own.

Definitely understood. With Widow having to reload far more now, I didn’t think the Ashe change would be too far off but unlike Widow, Ashe can’t delete half the roster in a single click. I’ll change dynamite in my next one instead.

Bap is the least played main support in every rank and is the second least played support in most ranks.

Despite his large healing numbers, he still has the lowest win rate.

Perhaps my buffs aren’t useful but he definitely is not in a good state statistically or within the community’s vision as most teams do not want to run him without another main healer.

Regenerative burst being larger? I suppose it would help but that wouldn’t change his position as the least viable support. And that really blows as I consider him to be generally be the most skilled support (exclude when he just shoots at the floor to heal 5 people)

3 Likes

good :flushed:

1 Like

i hate the temp stealth i really would never want to see that reverted

3 Likes

Do elaborate please

I think stealth needs to be faster, possibly even double speed, so she may use translocator and her stealth to catch low enemies with opportunist.

A speed buff to stealth with limited time seems fair, but I want to know why you prefer unlimited.

3 Likes