NEWS: Arcade Menu to get SEVEN modes soon / Quick Play Classic Permanent & Achievements

I’m curious… have they ever catered to console players at all in the past years? Or are you all just receiving everything that PC is getting and nothing else?

Then why does the title say “[…] Quick Play Classic Permanent […]”?

Indeed! I’m quite excited for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why dont they make total mayhem long-term instead? 6v6 Mystery Heroes is a drag.

5 Likes

But it feels like a completely different mode. Maybe they should just throw all mystery modes in their own rotator, idk.

1 Like

It’s long term. Just like how 6v6 mystery heroes stays forever, so while QP Classic.

Hmm, that would be interesting.

read the entries by Jeff (links in the op) that are the source for the news in this thread

Okay, I see a post from Jeff where he says

we’ll look into adding achievements to quickplay classic. good suggestion.

I also see where he says

we’ll be updating the arcade in october to accommodate more cards

But I don’t actually see where he states whether it will be permanent or not.

I also see this in the OP of this thread:

Quick Play Classic and Mystery Heroes will remain as long-term entrees

Which again doesn’t really confirm whether it will be permanent or not.

I’m just hoping to see a clear-cut answer here, because everything I’ve seen so far is pretty vague :slight_smile:

I really don’t browse Reddit much either, so forgive me if I missed the answer there.

WM is a good guy, and i am grateful he found these two statements and posted them.

that said, i dont know why he titled his thread as he did…but the statements that are the news dont (as you saw) promise permanence

Omg, they are buffing arcade! Ha! So much for “tucking QP Classic out of sight.”

Yeah, you’re right, the only real evidence of permanence is the wording of the title, which may not be 100% accurate.

Oh well, I’ll be hoping for the best! :grin:

Also look. We know what is the next competitive arcade mode.

Will it have 222?

I voted with my feet. Until They return Quick play to the core of the game, I won’t be back to play it. They fell back on their promise of NEVER doing role locks and catered instead to the crowd that wanted it.

Match maker was a problem from the get-go and mostly the game just lacked TANKS. Which they could of made a tank role selection at MOST.

This game was an inspiration from Team Fortress 2 and many of us were HAPPY that it addressed what players originally did NOT like from that community. So MANY of us shut down our TF2 servers and happily LEFT that madness to come over to Overwatch.

This isn’t the Overwatch I remember and certainly I could say my friends were putting UP with limited heroes, but this ultimately makes this a completely different game. Great, if someone likes it. But it sure ain’t for me.

1 Like

Thank the lord!

I was just thinking that arcade couel definately use more slots, why does it have to be so limiting?

1 Like

They definite should. So the playerbase that doesn’t like new QP loses nothing.

Because more people go on reddit and the forum are a particular kind of cesspool. I can’t blame them from not wanting to wade in here.

!!!CO-OP MODE!!!

That’s my favourite mode that I’d love to play now!
Please, please, pleeease bring it to Arcades! :pray:

This is awesome, more possibilities to get 4v4

I love 4v4

bigger question is, why only default skins? is it a bug? was it out of laziness? besides I absolutely hate using default skins.

The workshop code forces it to default skins.