Newer AMD drivers and RX 5700 XT Crashes

Yes I am getting these issues too on my Red Devil 5700XT. I’d like to know what Blizzard are doing about this.

AMD has acknowledged major issues with their drivers:

I don’t see Overwatch mentioned specifically, but the behavior people in the thread mentioned is listed.

It runs waaaaaay better in borderless windowed it still crashes but I got 3 games before it did and that was only when I went to the replays

Going to add to the discussion, I also just recently got a Red Devil 5700XT. 20.2.2 drivers. My game is crashing as well.

I am having the same issue. Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT. The game crashes everytime I try to run it. Latest driver installed.

fix this please. I cannot play my favorite game on my brand new pc

Hello. I had the same problem : rolled back to 19.11.1 and everything went fine for months. But … Today it’s happening, and I’m still in 19.11.1 …

any one else having to restart their game because of fps drop bug. If there is three dots next to my fps counter like (143…) its bugged. (143.) Its fine. The difference in performance is night and day.

Update: now using 20.3.1 (was using 19.11.1) and game hasn’t crashed since. Life is good.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting back :+1:

I didn’t have this problem for months with 19.11.1. Now I have it since yesterday, even with 19.11.1. Same with the new 20.3.1 …
Most of the time when I alt-tab it s 5-10 sec black screen until I get what I want (desktop / overwatch), sometimes my computer crashes.

Adding my name to the list. Just bought the SapphirePulse 5700xt. Ran fine for a couple days which i believe was 20.2.2 then updated to 20.3.1 now none of my games work. Warcraft3 Reforged freezes when starting mission. Have only had the card for 5 days. Only game i had been playing was Red Dead Redemption2 but decided to try some of my other games. So not sure if WC3 worked before or not. Skyrim also will not work. Hope this gets sorted out. Probably going to do a return since its a no refund item. Just in case the card is in fact defective.

still crashes with 20.3.1 on 5700xt and there is still an fps bug that requires a restart of the game to fix…

Same. I don’t have the 5700XT, I have the RX570 but I have the exact same probelm. It only has happened in Overwatch so far and it’s super annyoing. The game goes to black screen, and pc goes to sleep.

So they’re not giving us an option to roll back to 19 Adrenaline? Is that possible still?

Edit: I’m reverting to 19 and will tell you if it still crashes

I tried installing 20.3.1 and it still crashed. I updated my post a few days ago about my ongoing issues with 5700 XT.

Thank you for the updates and reports here! We’re actively tracking this issue on our end. For those experiencing issues on drivers before 19.12.2, was the DDU tool used to cleanly uninstall the drivers before hand?

It’s also recommended to go through a custom installation and remove the AMD Radeon Software to only install the AMD Graphics Driver.

1 Like

Edit- I found the FPS bug was related to disabling fullscreen Optimizations and reduce buffering. Found a temp fix, put it on bug report.

I’m getting crashes on recent drivers. I am not going to ROLL BACK my drivers. I’ve had 5700xt since it came out, and never a single crash in Overwatch, until after this recent Overwatch patch from 3/24. None of my GPU drivers have changed. I’ve been on 20.3.1 for a while with no issues until this update.

I have several dump logs, would anyone like to see it?

1 Like

Feel bad for you folks.

I had issues since January but 20.3.1 solved it all. I can now multitask with other apps. I did change some settings in Radeon and Overwatch like setting off the anti-lag and triple buffering.