Newer AMD drivers and RX 5700 XT Crashes

I didn’t have this problem for months with 19.11.1. Now I have it since yesterday, even with 19.11.1. Same with the new 20.3.1 …
Most of the time when I alt-tab it s 5-10 sec black screen until I get what I want (desktop / overwatch), sometimes my computer crashes.

Adding my name to the list. Just bought the SapphirePulse 5700xt. Ran fine for a couple days which i believe was 20.2.2 then updated to 20.3.1 now none of my games work. Warcraft3 Reforged freezes when starting mission. Have only had the card for 5 days. Only game i had been playing was Red Dead Redemption2 but decided to try some of my other games. So not sure if WC3 worked before or not. Skyrim also will not work. Hope this gets sorted out. Probably going to do a return since its a no refund item. Just in case the card is in fact defective.

still crashes with 20.3.1 on 5700xt and there is still an fps bug that requires a restart of the game to fix…

Same. I don’t have the 5700XT, I have the RX570 but I have the exact same probelm. It only has happened in Overwatch so far and it’s super annyoing. The game goes to black screen, and pc goes to sleep.

So they’re not giving us an option to roll back to 19 Adrenaline? Is that possible still?

Edit: I’m reverting to 19 and will tell you if it still crashes

I tried installing 20.3.1 and it still crashed. I updated my post a few days ago about my ongoing issues with 5700 XT.

Thank you for the updates and reports here! We’re actively tracking this issue on our end. For those experiencing issues on drivers before 19.12.2, was the DDU tool used to cleanly uninstall the drivers before hand?

It’s also recommended to go through a custom installation and remove the AMD Radeon Software to only install the AMD Graphics Driver.

1 Like

Edit- I found the FPS bug was related to disabling fullscreen Optimizations and reduce buffering. Found a temp fix, put it on bug report.

I’m getting crashes on recent drivers. I am not going to ROLL BACK my drivers. I’ve had 5700xt since it came out, and never a single crash in Overwatch, until after this recent Overwatch patch from 3/24. None of my GPU drivers have changed. I’ve been on 20.3.1 for a while with no issues until this update.

I have several dump logs, would anyone like to see it?

1 Like

Feel bad for you folks.

I had issues since January but 20.3.1 solved it all. I can now multitask with other apps. I did change some settings in Radeon and Overwatch like setting off the anti-lag and triple buffering.

Driver released yesterday(20.4.1) still crashs.

20.4.1 crashed in the menu for me as well. All ver 20 drivers do. 19’s are fine. I really want to use the new versions as everything looks that much better.

UPDATE: still on 20.3.1 and the game crashes occasionally, about once every other 3-5 hour session. It’s triggered by the same things as before: viewing highlight menu or whilst leaving or entering a game.

1 Like

I have the same problem, actually I dnnt play overwatch but warzone, and i do 2 thing and manage to play all night without crash
Clean driver with DDU and install 19.12.1
Go in the bios and change CPI_e from auto ( can be 4 for you maybe) to 3
I hope that’s can help you with overwatch and I hope i never crash again
( sorry for my english, tell me if you need me to rephrase)

New 5700 xt, brand new 750w psu and crashes on whatever driver I try, with or without Adrenaline Software installed.

Still doesnt work. It runs so smooth until match is over. Match Over = Game crash.
Until today neither AMD or Blizzard released a statement about this.
At least try giving an explanation

Yes my crash come back to, then i up the power limit to +50% ( the maximum) in the Amd Wattman section and that’s work fine for 2 days now

Seems this card just need more power
As it’s work fine now i dnnt try this with newest driver, let me now if it’s work for you

Thank you for sharing the information, Astharothee! We’ve added this to our tracking.

Is anyone else having success with increasing the power limit under the AMD Wattman settings?

This may have been a one-off situation, but we have seen one report where deleting or moving the saved Highlights helped alleviate the issue temporarily. It’s not ideal, but may be something worth trying if none of the suggestions above or with the wattman settings helps the crashing issue.

Thank you for the continued reports! While we may not have an update to share every time, this issue hasn’t been forgotten about. We’re monitoring for new reports and issues on our end continuously :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me that didnt work sadly. I am not sure if i was able to play more games or not. At the end it still crashed. After 3 Games but still crashed.