New year, new Bastion. šŸ¤–

The problem here is is that big, blue thing behind its back. Remove it. Not even ironclad can safe you from headshots.

If you get attacked from behind and youā€™re shooting from the front killing enemies, then you quickly aim the attacker from behind. You know what happens next? You being dead, because now the attackers that you previously shot at killed you without a problem.

Ironclad: Bastionā€™s passive ability. It takes 20% reduction damage while in Sentry and Tank configuration.

Bastion has to finish the transformation to get this passive ability. As it will still receive normal damage while transforming, try not to use it as an instant defensive against heavy damage.

Why canā€™t bastion have a increasing number in ironclad while transforming? That could help as well. Like from start: 5% to 15% then when the transformation ends, you have the full ironclad damage reduction. That makes his passive more useful, and I think he needs some of the ironclad passive to his recon mode.

If he had a barrier, the head hitbox would actually serve a purpose now as a weakness.

I find it balanced, assuming the proposed changes in the OP were real.

Bastion has 300 ammo. You basically do 3000 damage in 10 seconds, with 1 second of recharge. Continuous 300 d/s. Thatā€™s a gigantic amount of fire.

To keep him as DPS I suggest:

1. reduce his ammo to at least 150 because 300 ammo is crazy
  2. reduce his HP to 250 (50 armor) because 300 (100 armor) is crazy (due to the armor buff and ironclad providing 20-25% damage reduction)
  3. make the animation of Reconfigure almost instant to improve repositioning

Right now, Bastion in sentry mode has something like 450-470 hp of a normal hero. He doesnā€™t deserve to be a DPS. If you donā€™t like my suggestion then you need to turn Bastion into a tank.

1 Like

A very open way of looking at things, i appreciate it.

And a very simple way to see things.
I do still think he should become a Tank, but only because i do not believe he can survive without a personal defensive ability.

Thank you for your feedback. ^,^

1 Like

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

The ā€œevery player will tell you the same thingā€ meme again?

Disappointingā€¦ :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

So you took something from many posts ago, and reference it out of context?
This looks desperate.

Again, still off topic.
You clearly donā€™t want the hero to be playable.

This player from Gold says that Bastion is useless in their rank:

Glad to see one of my ideas for fixing him spreading along. Loved the personal barrier that recharges when heā€™s mobile, since it already rewards his dedicated higher level players. Headshots would be nice for them as well, but Iā€™m more in support of the personal barrier.

2 Likes

Ehh, what are you on about exactly?? That was your last reply.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

With your logic, this could me considered as ā€œā€œoff - topic as wellā€ā€:

If I wanted this to happen, I would be advocating for Bastion nerfs, but Iā€™m clearly not doing so.

Iā€™m just saying the obvious and trying to fight against all this ignorance and bias that Iā€™m seeing unfold right in front of meā€¦

Thatā€™s fine, he has his opinion, doesnā€™t claim itā€™s a fact and seems open for discussion, even if my personal experience has been much more differentā€¦

But that still doesnā€™t change anything about the actual topic, as I could just find random quotes from GM players claiming Bastion is balanced and that wouldnā€™t still change anything as wellā€¦

Find me a GM player that says Bastion is balanced and I make you sandvich in kitchen.

2 Likes

Giving Bastion a personal barrier on top of barriers from his team and heightened damage is justā€¦not a good idea.

Bastion has not once been rewarded for precise aim because heā€™s never had nor required it. Nor is his positioning that necessary. This game is full of chokepoints. He just has to plop down and aim at one.

The hero needs a complete and total overhaul with a clear direction. He needs to have clear strengths and weaknesses and an actual niche. ā€œSit and spam damage into chokepointsā€ is done better by so many heroes. Currently Hanzo.

If it were me, Iā€™d embrace Bastionā€™s transformer nature and make him versatile. Different forms with actual uses for different things. Recon Mode with actual recon abilities, Sentry Mode for damage but different than he has it now because itā€™s just so feast or famine.

As for the shield, would you propose bringing back the 90 degree limit? It would make it possible for more counter play against a bastion that just sits down 24/7.
Also while I agree on changing Ironclad, I would propose that Ironclad would activate as soon as he presses Shift to transform to Sentry (or Q for tank mode)
Or also maybe, a new ability to give him as an E ability? Maybe the shield will be toggle-able but with like Sigmaā€™s shield, a short cooldown in between toggling it.

Also, may I suggest a new ultimate? One that seems likeā€¦

Stealth Bomber Mode >:3

/s

Soā€¦ you never played the original build of Bastion?

Got it.

Itā€™s almost as if i never mentioned choke points, and also provided an entire rework in the OP.

Almost.

Honestly i personally think a turn limit would mean Bastion would die 100% of the time.

This sounds like a decent QoL change.

You talked about giving him a 500-point barrier. Objectively terrible idea. You talked about lowering ammo but increasing burst. Also a terrible idea.

Iā€™ve played since literally the first day the game was available to non-developers, and I loved it out the gate. I was onboard with the hype train and the game delivered. So yes, I have seen Bastion in every incarnation.

He doesnā€™t need extra barriers that can stack with tank barriers. He doesnā€™t need more damage. He needs some utility to have a place in the game. Right now, other than pure DPS numbers, heā€™s outdone in every way by other heroes, like Hanzo. Giving him versatility through form-changing would let him fill different roles on the fly and give him an edge that others donā€™t have (once Hanzo gets nerfed).

Actually i stated that the numbers involved are up for discussion.
Butā€¦ whatever.

And yes, just like how Soldier 76 technically has ā€œBurstā€ damage, as a primary fire. Aside from his helix rockets. Burst just means ā€œHigh damage when applied correctlyā€

Ah yes, the classic ā€œGive Bastion other forms and ignore/nerf Sentry Modeā€

Sentry Mode is the primary damage dealing mode, thus should be kept as the primary damage dealing mode.

So you do remember this version of Bastion:

The old Bastion did require quite precise aim, and no i do not believe that this is what we need, it was slightly overtuned. But to claim that he didnā€™t require precise aim or positioning Is simply incorrect.

Also, you seem to have missed a major point of the OP.

I want to turn Bastion into a Tank.

Hell, allow me to make a statement.

I would bring back the old transformation time into Sentry Mode, if it was actually deadly for once, and if Bastion were a real Tank. Make him still get up fast, but commit to Sentry.

Itā€™s been said quite a few times in the Bastion Mains Discord, I have doubt weā€™ll ever get it tho :frowning:

Which Bastion mains discord? The one i know of, i havenā€™t seen in a whileā€¦ Honestly i thought it died. Like any hope Bastion mains have.

Itā€™s so depressing that bastion has gotten to freaking 0.01% pickrate, I didnā€™t think this would be possible, that people are literally only picking him for trolling nowadays and that people still donā€™t care. Halirious that the only reason this is happening because ā€œoH hEā€™s uNfunā€
Like, who is fun to get killed against? ā€œoh I canā€™t wait to get killed by this new fun bastion!ā€
???

2 Likes

Just to get this ball rolling againā€¦

Changes that have been suggested:

• Headshots enabled in Sentry Mode.
  • Spread tightened in Sentry Mode.
  • Ammo lowered to 150 (Or even as low as 100) In Sentry Mode.
  • A personal shield is added to Sentry Mode, facing wherever the Bastion is looking, at a health of 300-500 or in that range. And only regenerates while out of Sentry Mode.
  • Ironclad removed or completely reworked.

What ifā€¦hear me outā€¦Bastion was a DUAL role machine. Revert him back to 200 rounds, revert his spread and head shots. Make his Sentry mode just absolutely oppressive. Remove ironclad and give him bonus armor.

ā€œBut Tekā€¦ā€ I hear you say. Lemme finish. Make his Recon a walking tank mode. Not configuration tank, an actual tank. Let him use repair to give himself armor when at full health, that is his 70hp/s at full health turns into armor past 200/100 (Should be 200/180) base with a 8 second CD. Have his Sentry and Recon share an ammo pool to make him different enough from Soldier. Recon damage would be 7-15 (matching sentry) His ult is more or less fine as is in conjunction with the Recon change idea. Remove Iron Clad.

Yeah, thatā€™s probably overpowered and will have 0 counter play due to the lack of CC, Shields and damage. Iā€™m sorry, I didnā€™t think about how overpowered that would be.