My observations as a lowely gold player

Love how we as a community have beaten people down so much that they refer to themselves as trash :joy::joy::joy:

No she doesn’t. She’s never been “decent”, she’s always either been busted or unplayable, mostly because of balance changes that get made to Defence Matrix.

1 Like

She was fine before the GOATS nerfs…

Did you know that Sigma deals more damage on average in a game than Hanzo in high tier? It’s definitely a bit on Sigma too

Also sleep, it works on a large number of Ultimates.

This is why it needs to go (but never will)… they continue to balance around it, and too many players think tank means super hulky gob of health and armor… which she isn’t.

2 Likes

No she wasn’t, she was still the tank in GOATS that stopped long-ranged DPS from being able to beat the composition. The comp could not have existed without her because otherwise long-ranged DPS would have dunked on them without Matrix to cover them. She got nerfed because she was too good at allowing GOATS to succeed.

Or, they could buff parts of her that don’t involve her matrix.

And GOATS is literally impossible now, so…

Yes, but at the time she offered too much to the comp to be considered “fine”. We haven’t seen D.va in that balance state since role queue and I’d like her to be buffed back up to that level to see where it puts her, but I still doubt she’ll be a healthy inclusion in the roster until she gets a Sym-tier rework.

She’ll likely be fine when both reverts to DM are done.

Man, I just said not to buff D.va matrix, but I thought of a matrix buff.

They could make it so she can matrix when she doesn’t have resources for it, but it’s a smaller matrix that has almost no forward dimension.
I.e. Self defence or “get behind me” stuff.

I want you to be right, but since she’s never been “fine” in the history of ever I have my doubts.

I frankly think she was fine amidst apex GOATS. DM was only a problem when stacked with 3-3 and that bunch of defensive options.

You know what would be a really cool alternative?
Give her a passive where she regenerates her armour out of combat like shields to make her less reliant on healers, then adjust Matrix and Booster cooldown if necessary to compensate.

Hmmm, I think I remember someone asking for similar on almost all tanks.

One other approach they could do is make it so D.va has half as much health, but has a permanent 50% damage reduction.

Which would make her easier to heal, better heals from healthpacks, and feed less Ult charge.

1 Like

As a “Lowly Gold Player” How do you feel about Bastion?

At any rate, she needs some sort of Reinhardt-style innate defenses so that she doesn’t rely on Matrix too much, so it doesn’t need to get buffed into the stratosphere to allow her to be good.

My experience in Gold and Silver.

Silver players towards the top, Want to make it out of Silver. So they start learning to USE voice comms.

Gold players RAGE QUIT often. Many of them have some sort of EGO about them, and if something doesn’t go their way. They LEAVE. It is usually something that they saw on Overwatch league that they want to “Try” in the match. It goes bad and they LEAVE the game.

Then we all end up de-ranking back down to SILVER. Because of Leavers in gold… lolz rinse, repeat. I just enjoy (not) this system… So much. :face_vomiting:

I think he is nearly useless. If he is behind double barrier and the team is having trouble we will always turn the tide when Mei throws down her ult. I never see bastion escape it. And Mei is in every game lol.

When I’m damage I switch to Sombra and hack him.