New year, new Bastion. 🤖

I like Bastion and like the lore behind him. I want to see him having good days in OW but not like this.

The problem is the HS ability that you asked for. Even with half of his current ammo it would be too much burst damage. Apart from Reinhardt, every single hero would die in the first 3~4 seconds of eye contact with Bastion, if he has reliable aim (remember, you are stationary, it’s not that hard to aim good with him). This is just against everything the community is expressing at the moment. People hate Hanzo, Widow and Doomfist because of burst damage. IMO adding this ability to bastion even with half ammo would be surreal.

The problem is: you are still making him unbalanced. IMO you can’t use ranks to balance a hero. If you add personal shield, he is going to be even harder to beat in lower ranks. And with HS ability I even see Bastion being a must pick in some cases.

Completely agree. But still think the way you want him to be is not the way this will be fixed. IMO he needs a drastic rework, removing his sentry mode and removing the idea of a stationary death machine. I love his recon mode primary is so intuitive and easy to shoot and his tank mode is also fine IMO but sentry mode can’t be balanced across all the ranks reliably and needs to be reworked into something else.

The base damage could be tweaked or even the HS modifier, but you’re missing the point. Bastion is not rewarded for tracking or precise aim.

There are always times in matches where i would have survived if i had been dealing that rewarded damage for precise tracking, simply for tracking the enemy’s head as good as a hitscan should.

1 Like

In his current state, his only use is as a ‘screw this, it’s our last resort’ pick. But he can be countered super easily which means he’s good in low ranks but dumpster tier in low ranks.

The fact you have a robot who can transform into anything else means that the devs have an easy job of reworking him, but considering it’s a Blizzard game, the OW team will be more than happy to leave Bastion as useless.

1 Like

I’ve made my threads… if they are serious about fixing the hero, we’re waiting.

The problem is that he is stationary. It’s not like McCree, Tracer, Soldier… etc where you are in constant movement and your aim needs to adapt to that, making it harder to aim. With Bastion are standing still, not moving an inch therefore it’s SUPER easy to do HS. That’s my point. I often feel like you as well, missing the HS but I feel that adding this ability to bastion would be really overkill, specially against tanks. It’s so EASY… but also not a problem to do HS against other smaller targets when you are stationary…

I disagree wholeheartedly.

You’re shooting moving targets when you yourself cannot move or dodge anything.

It’s not “Super easy” especially in higher ranks. And just like all of those other hitscan heroes, they are rewarded for precise tracking.

This is necessary in higher ranks, to promote high-skill interactions.

As long as Bastion cannot deal headshot damage, he will be held back from being played at a very high rank.

Again, I don’t like to use ranks as an argument to balance any hero. Making him good to use in high ranks but OP in lower ranks will have the same effect as his spot today, or even worst since the lower ranks have the biggest population.

My experience with him is that it is really easy to aim with him… not sure, we are different then… for me is super easy to aim with him and maybe it’s the rank: I already played him in gold, plat and diamond. Never had problems in hiting small targets.

Personally. I find it easier when I can also aim with my movement, it gives me another option that is stripped when in turret form. His recon mode, to me, feels better than Soldier, but I am not sure that is saying much.

1 Like

I don’t know about the actual DPS number but certainly feels better. I think the spread is lower and is just more reliable than Solder’s weapon. I get a lot more HS’s with Bastion than Soldier.

1 Like

The problem here is is that big, blue thing behind its back. Remove it. Not even ironclad can safe you from headshots.

If you get attacked from behind and you’re shooting from the front killing enemies, then you quickly aim the attacker from behind. You know what happens next? You being dead, because now the attackers that you previously shot at killed you without a problem.

Ironclad: Bastion’s passive ability. It takes 20% reduction damage while in Sentry and Tank configuration.

Bastion has to finish the transformation to get this passive ability. As it will still receive normal damage while transforming, try not to use it as an instant defensive against heavy damage.

Why can’t bastion have a increasing number in ironclad while transforming? That could help as well. Like from start: 5% to 15% then when the transformation ends, you have the full ironclad damage reduction. That makes his passive more useful, and I think he needs some of the ironclad passive to his recon mode.

If he had a barrier, the head hitbox would actually serve a purpose now as a weakness.

I find it balanced, assuming the proposed changes in the OP were real.

Bastion has 300 ammo. You basically do 3000 damage in 10 seconds, with 1 second of recharge. Continuous 300 d/s. That’s a gigantic amount of fire.

To keep him as DPS I suggest:

1. reduce his ammo to at least 150 because 300 ammo is crazy
  2. reduce his HP to 250 (50 armor) because 300 (100 armor) is crazy (due to the armor buff and ironclad providing 20-25% damage reduction)
  3. make the animation of Reconfigure almost instant to improve repositioning

Right now, Bastion in sentry mode has something like 450-470 hp of a normal hero. He doesn’t deserve to be a DPS. If you don’t like my suggestion then you need to turn Bastion into a tank.

1 Like

A very open way of looking at things, i appreciate it.

And a very simple way to see things.
I do still think he should become a Tank, but only because i do not believe he can survive without a personal defensive ability.

Thank you for your feedback. ^,^

1 Like

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

The “every player will tell you the same thing” meme again?

Disappointing… :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

So you took something from many posts ago, and reference it out of context?
This looks desperate.

Again, still off topic.
You clearly don’t want the hero to be playable.

This player from Gold says that Bastion is useless in their rank:

Glad to see one of my ideas for fixing him spreading along. Loved the personal barrier that recharges when he’s mobile, since it already rewards his dedicated higher level players. Headshots would be nice for them as well, but I’m more in support of the personal barrier.

2 Likes

Ehh, what are you on about exactly?? That was your last reply.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

With your logic, this could me considered as ““off - topic as well””:

If I wanted this to happen, I would be advocating for Bastion nerfs, but I’m clearly not doing so.

I’m just saying the obvious and trying to fight against all this ignorance and bias that I’m seeing unfold right in front of me…

That’s fine, he has his opinion, doesn’t claim it’s a fact and seems open for discussion, even if my personal experience has been much more different…

But that still doesn’t change anything about the actual topic, as I could just find random quotes from GM players claiming Bastion is balanced and that wouldn’t still change anything as well…

Find me a GM player that says Bastion is balanced and I make you sandvich in kitchen.

2 Likes

Giving Bastion a personal barrier on top of barriers from his team and heightened damage is just…not a good idea.

Bastion has not once been rewarded for precise aim because he’s never had nor required it. Nor is his positioning that necessary. This game is full of chokepoints. He just has to plop down and aim at one.

The hero needs a complete and total overhaul with a clear direction. He needs to have clear strengths and weaknesses and an actual niche. “Sit and spam damage into chokepoints” is done better by so many heroes. Currently Hanzo.

If it were me, I’d embrace Bastion’s transformer nature and make him versatile. Different forms with actual uses for different things. Recon Mode with actual recon abilities, Sentry Mode for damage but different than he has it now because it’s just so feast or famine.

As for the shield, would you propose bringing back the 90 degree limit? It would make it possible for more counter play against a bastion that just sits down 24/7.
Also while I agree on changing Ironclad, I would propose that Ironclad would activate as soon as he presses Shift to transform to Sentry (or Q for tank mode)
Or also maybe, a new ability to give him as an E ability? Maybe the shield will be toggle-able but with like Sigma’s shield, a short cooldown in between toggling it.