🛰 (New Seagull vid) Discussion About The State of Overwatch w/ Jayne, Surefour & XQC!

Falling to sleep while typing this, this was posted 1 am for me… been talking and thinking about this and Sym all day.

I will watch when I wake, but posting this for you guys.

:+1: :skull_and_crossbones: :sleeping:

edit 14 hours later: Honestly i don’t know what to think anymore. I feel like I am consistently at work nowadays. Even with other games. (Taking a Break from 76 for example because just encounter way too many bug preventing progress)

Hopefully something is said by Devs soon about upcoming… stuff.

22 Likes

It would be great if he stopped giving his opinion. Every time he does the devs ruin the game a bit more since they think he knows how to balance a game.

25 Likes

He adresses issues, not proposing solutions.

What ruins the game for you lies at the hands of creators of the game alone as they are the ones who create the solutions.

48 Likes

Something Robin Walker, the old head of tf2, used to say. Players are fantastic at pointing out problems, but awful at giving solutions.

Remains true here too I think.

33 Likes

Judging by buff and nerf threads ?

Awful.

1 Like

yeah how dare he have an opinion.
around 9:00 he says the reason he don’t talk about solutions is that he’s not a game designer, and every dev that he’s ever talked to prefer having feedback structured like
________ makes me feel _________
because they’re the ones who know the intention behind everything, so it’s more constructive than saying
________ sucks, implement __________ instead
because they know how to change things to make them more appealing.
saying blank blank sucks, gives no reason why said thing sucks,
giving a reason is more valuable than giving suggestions.

besides, when it comes to changes, i can’t think of anything any pro suggested that got added. Most pro players were in agreement that rez wasn’t fun, so blizzard changed it. The pros didn’t change it, it was blizzard that did it. The pros might have influenced it, but they didn’t tell blizz what to do, blizz could’ve changed it a different way.
what if they actually did make it better and still fun? no one would be complaining.

6 Likes

I value his opinion about as much as any random poster here, except I got to hit the downvote on his videos since Youtube still has that.

2 Likes

The pros have significantly more power over this game than you’d think

5 Likes

It does appear that they have the ability to manipulate the community for their own aims.

6 Likes

woke up and listening

1 Like

^^THIS^^

The forums on the other hand are nothing but solutions which is why we get into these terrible situations.

5 Likes

Man people are being real toxic about this in the forums.

Some people just can’t face this cruel reality.

Still listening, its like an hour long.

2 Likes

Why? He just as entitled to give his opinion as any of the Mercy mains on the forums. Everyone has a right.

17 Likes

Devs don’t blindly listen to Mercy mains, or any of you for that matter.

Pretty sure they don’t blindly listen to Seagull either. Just saying.

9 Likes

I think Surefour hit the nail on the head in many regards, also I quite like how outspoken Jayne is. Everything is to the point in the vid and it’s quite interesting

(also the ban idea is a very good one)

They take his opinion far more seriously than anyone on these forums.

Probably because he has also played this game for much longer than most people on these forums.

7 Likes

That has nothing to do with literally anything. Keep trying though, I’m sure you’ll get to it eventually…

1 Like

I agree there isn’t enough stats (about 50 mins in) in the game to keep track of everything. And they do need to expand on that.

1 Like