New Leadership for Overwatch

Wait, no more Jeff roasts on the forums :sob:

3 Likes

Dinoflask in shambles prolly

5 Likes

It’s actually really sad :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m curious about the why. This is out of nowhere, and his last quote alludes to him having stood up to someone who didn’t like it. Feels like more corporate BS to me, and not a willing departure.

17 Likes

Oh.

Oh… no.

Oh dear…

3 Likes

he looks like a younger jeff

everything is falling into place for Mike Morhaime and his new game dev company… their goal is probably to recreate old blizzard. good for Jeff

4 Likes

Am Gigga Sadge. Goodbye Daddy Jeff.

Had my hopes up that Bobby Kotick was the one leaving.

3 Likes

I’m gonna miss papa Jeff. I’m gonna miss developer updates.

1 Like

I think it’s less about giving up and more about pressure from above to make OW2 something he didn’t agree with.

5 Likes

I’m extremely sad right now, Jeff was a icon for this community. We’ll miss him, we love you Jeff :heart:. But I’m sure Aaron will do good, excited for the future :smiley:

1 Like

When times were easier

10 Likes

THATS ILLEGAL!!!!! TAKE IT BACK!

2 Likes

Goodbye, Jeff.

I’m hoping the best for you. You took part in the best games I’ve played, Vanilla (Classic) WoW and Overwatch.

May you find something better than 2021 ActiBlizz Papa Jeff!

“And my last action before leaving is McCree primary to 55 dmg, enjoy”

4 Likes

The writing’s been on the wall for some time. Clearly, the timing on OW to OW2 is a total screwup. You don’t go THIS long without giving new content on your live service/multiplayer game, not even when you’re transitioning from one game to another, unless you’re messing up.

And Jeff is clearly the guy that misjudged when they should have started OW2. Hopefully, a new leader can get this train back on track because Jeff’s been sorely inadequate for a while now.

This is the best news I’ve seen about Overwatch in months.

7 Likes

Thank you Jeff, now rest well…

Good riddance tbh :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

No more Jeff. Times are truly sad. But best wishes for whatever he does in the future.