New hero teased on petra

Sounds interesting to me so far. Considering there is only pixelated jibberish on the other tablets this one could really be considered a serious hint.

Muay Thai hero inbound

1 Like

Overwatch channels are going to make 10 minute videos about this post, just wait.

14 Likes

Jinkies, a clue! :male_detective:

2 Likes

They should have to give some of their ad revenue to the OP imo.

5 Likes

Yeah I meant to look that one up too, makes sense about the greek connection as they’re the one talking about Ilios finds. So we have an arabic name for someone working on Petra and a Greek name for someone working in Ilios, I’m inclined to rule them out for new heros I think, seems to me they just needed some names for background characters, so they picked them from languages relevant to the countries they’re in.

However the fact that they’ve added them at all does mean something is coming. Two new names, a new group and a new reference to Ilios can’t mean nothing… unless they’re just trying to fill out the world a little, but that seems unlikely to me.

I think it being some kind of organisation is the best bet since we have a name directly under a logo, but since the name is only on the bag and nowhere else with the logo, we shouldn’t completely rule out it being a person!

Expanding on the possibility of it being a person rather than a group is the fact that, the logo has a “W” in it, very clearly, so if it is a group called BLAISE then there’s the question of why the logo looks like is has a “W” in it rather than say, a “B”. so the Logo could well be for a new group that isn’t BLAISE, and Blaise could be a new character who is associated with them.

Quick Edit: the Logo is split down the middle, sot he “W” could just as easily be a pair of “V”'s, in which case some kind of group with the name V-something V-something is also a possibility, The “W” does seem very pronounced though and since it does dip in the middle I’m more inclined to believe it’s a “W” and not a pair of “V”'s.
Also the rest of it looks like a spear/arrow head to me, both common artefacts found in excavations, so I think it being some kind of archaeological group is almost a given.

1 Like

I originally thought Blaise must be an organization, but you are correct. We cannot rule out that it is just a name. I’m hoping these are hints, but they could just be background lore.

I can’t help but think when I hear Blaise about Blaise Pascal the French mathematician. That’s just the first thing that comes to mind. Followed by “Blaze” the pyro tank (firebat) from HOTS.

Okay so I have time and I decided to do a little research on Oasis and, I think it’s safe to say whatever this new group is they probably aren’t related to Oasis, as all the Ministries of Oasis have symbols and if you check out these-

h ttps://twinfinite.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/fourplacesoasis.jpg

-You’ll notice the diamond theme, they’re all simple symbols inside layered diamond shapes, which the logo from Petra is not. It could be an oversight from blizzard and the group is connected to Oasis, but for me this rules out a connection.

Nothing revolutionary, doesn’t instantly connect all the dots or anything, but definitely worth noting.

Yeah the first thought it gave me was a good name for a new fire based hero (Which we are lacking, and people have been asking for for quite some time, along side a new defence hero, so if like with Moira being the life-steal Talon-support everyone wanted they’re planing to cater to us a little with the next hero, this is definitely high on the list of possibilities).

3 Likes

Here’s the link from your post. In all it’s glory.

I agree about the new symbol not being an Oasis one. It kinda looks like a very pointy trowel which makes sense with the archaeology idea.

3 Likes

Damn you right, I made the archaeology connection but didn’t even think of a trowel, not my brightest moment haha.
So there’s plenty of evidence supporting it being an archaeological group, now if we could just figure out the rest of the logo, like even if the other component is a “W”, there’s still that hollow circle inside the trowel/arrowhead, that could either be an “O” as part of the groups name, or could represent something else, perhaps an Overwatch affiliation?

(And thanks for posting the image, I’m sure one day I’ll be able to, but not today)

1 Like

How do we know any of these “people” are humans, my guess is that we could be dealing with omnics

1 Like

Faisal also means stubborn, like a nickname of someone who didn’t die :wink:, as for the H we know someone with a connection to a Tesla wielding monkey that could still be alive and forced to work for talon or some other group

Thought I’d contribute what little I could.

We already know the Minister of genetics in Oasis is Moira.
The Minister Geology is someone’s by the name of Anya Al-shahrani.
There are three other names of note. Mehmet Farhat. Youssef Al-Jabiri. And Ibrahim Hassoun.

Whether those last three are Ministers I don’t know, but doesn’t Oasis have Six Ministries?

1 Like

As far as I can tell, the Heavy Assault isn’t a particular person, just a special form of soldier in Talon.

I imagine they are a part of some sort of Heavy Assault unit, similarly to the Talon Snipers

Well Blue knows how to find clues. :D…I’ll see my way out.

4 Likes

Oh man, get back here, you deserve a cooki🍪

4 Likes

I personally don’t ascribe to the theories of Hammond ever being a hero, but that aside the H standing for the Hamid on the login screen is far more likely.

There are 6 ministries we know of, Biology, Geology, Tourism, Transportation, Genetics and Physics, but I could swear we were told a higher number somewhere else, either 8 or 13? they’re the numbers in my head.
Anyway assuming what you’re implying is that this character could be another minister, it’s certainly not impossible.

1 Like

Who is Hamid, for the people who don’t know cause I do, definitely.

We all know what this means. Sombra confirmed.

3 Likes

Lumin posted images from Petra here

h ttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/new-hero-teased-on-petra/108934/18?u=notaboy-2454

earlier in the thread, one such image was of a login screen, this one

h ttps://i.imgur.com/Vyo5HEz.png

and it shows the name Hamid as who is trying to log in, so we believe this to be the H who wrote the letter also found on Petra

1 Like